xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dell970

Google Antivirus And Firewall. Will It Ever Happen!

NOTE; I LOVE GOOGLE AND I HOPE THEY BRING OUT MORE STUFF!

ALL

Do you guys think that there will be a Google Anti Virus, firewall, spyware program ever???? Or maybe a Google ISP???

Cause If these things ever happened, I think Google will be the top company next to MS (Microsoft). What are you guys thought on this question??

Posted Image

With Google, anything is possible because whatever application they currently have in development in their labs usually end up being a very popular tool/service. The ways things are going, there is a gradual shift with people using online services and applications on any computer - not just on the one they have at home (regardless of whether it's a Mac or PC or Linux machine).

I do believe that Google will come out with a Spyware program in the future.

I, however, do not believe that Google will EVER come out with Anti-Virus, because of one simple reason:

They have a licensing deal with Symantec Corporation to distribute the Norton AntiVirus 2005 program.

It gives this out for free in a Google software pack.

You can choose which programs to install, one of which choices is Norton AntiVirus of course.

You can get the pack here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well, deals can be broken.I for one expect Google to rise in power over time (as it has over the last couple of years) and really develop into a megacorp involved in everything....Maybe then it will lose its user-friendliness and become a corporation we will really love to hate...It's a paradox that so many people love Google really.Apart from its services, it's still a corporation which has the objective to maximize its cash flow... Like loving the supermarket because of the quality fish they sell.

I find it hard to believe that, that would happen.Google has built up from the ground far different from other corporations.They don't hire employees in the traditional way in fact.They make billboards will complex paradoxes that are the URLs of websites.If one figures out the paradox and goes to the site they are given a chance to work at google.Google is just too different.

I think google may come out with anti-spyware in the future, but I think it will be part of the google account and just scan email. I don't think they will ever become an ISP because they are more aimed towards online software rather than providing internet; however, like Shigajet said, anything is possible with google, so I would not bet on it, but I am pretty sure they won't become an ISP.

Well as for google firewall and antivirus...yes lol i think it will happen and am almost sure it will google is making alot more things and yes they probably will i have no idea when it would happen but im sure eventually it will happen