xisto Community
jimforever

Opera Vs Internet Explorer! OPERA VS INTERNET EXPLORER

Although I'm not quite an opera guy (i like mozilla better!), but I like the "Opera Voice" where it can read and do your commands.

Opera also passes the "Acid TEST" for being CSS Standards compliant. It was only the second one to do so, Konquerer being the first.I use Opera and IE to check web pages I develop. Opera to design with and IE to hack for...

I have used Opera for a few years (got it when you had to pay for it) and I have never looked back. It is standards compliant and has all the features you need built into the sidebar: RSS reader, access to emails, download manager, IRC... I also do the same as jlhaslip, using Opera (or Konqueror on my laptop) to check my page designs, then applying various hacks and fixes to get IE to do what it is supposed to.

I use Internet Explorer, Firefox, Netscape navigator and opera . but I prefer Internet explorer for submiting private informations and doing businesses and transactions for it's security, and if I go to download websites and websites that have lots of images and photos in there pages I use Opera for them cause opera looks fast with this kind of websites.so, every explorer have it's work :P

I've been using opera for about 7-8 years now. I'm so used to browsing in opera that I'm a bit biased towards other browsers (not ie though - it really sucks). Event though I really like opera I think it need to improve in the following fields:1) When developing a website (on localhost) opera has a tendency of storing the pages in cache which caused me a lot of headache initially as the pages were not updating as i changed the code. (this problem has been reduced in the latest versions though )2)The torrent feature doesn't download at a good enough speed. (If anyone knows the solution to this plz share)3)Widgets are mostly useless.4)Issues with some sites.(google pages etc)btw I really liked the new speed dial feature.

I'm definitely for Opera, but I don't like the torrent feature at all. It's too slow, not detailed, most of the time doesn't perform nearly as well as a client [like uTorrent], it's missing a lot of the features I like to use, and so on and so forth. Also there's no way to tell Opera to use a different torrent client by default. I have to copy torrent links and have uTorrent grab them. I think this feature should be removed, at least until they can get a more definite solution. But then again, I'd feel weird leaving my browser open all night downloading torrents. Dunno why...BUT, that's my only real issue with Opera. It's got a ton of other great features that I'm suprised other browsers haven't copied yet, like mouse gestures, the search shortcut, voice control, etc. And it's still faster than every other one.

Also there's no way to tell Opera to use a different torrent client by default.

Well here's a way:

1) tools>preferences>advanced>downloads

2) uncheck the "hide files types associated with opera" box

3) then find application/x-bittorent>highlight it and click edit

4) select open with default/other application

I like Internet Exolorer the most, I used Opera for a while, but it made me very...deppressed let's say. FireFox is alright, but it made my anti-virus software go crazy everytime I used it. I haven't really used anything else, I like Internet Explorer for being able to make a .html/.htm file and just double-clicking it and it working like it was hosted. I do not know of the other's doing this.

Opera definitely beats Internet Explorer no arguments about it. But we can't deny that any browser that isn't made by microsoft is a better browser than internet explorer.Firefox is ok but the issues surrounding the excess usuage of ram are just too frustrating for me.

Internet explorer is the best of them, because IE as alot more features and it is alot more popular, think about it look at opera you hardly heer about it because its bad, now internet explorer is more popular and it has a ton more features, if opera were alot more popular then internet explorer, id probly be on opera typing a message saying that opera was the best and not internet explorer, but whatever, ill let you choose what you want too, but interet explorer still is best...