xisto Community
sinthetix

Freelancer! An Old Game - A New Mod Project - Can You Help?

Hey everyone. Have any of you heard about a game that was released a few years back called Freelancer from Microsoft Ensemble Studios?(s/p?) If you haven't it's a great game. Many different facets of gameplay depending on if you get into the role playing side of things vs playing the game just to play a game. Anyways. I'm beginning to run my own Freelancer Server and in time I'm going to be making a large modification project. If anyone knows how to edit this game or make things for the game, by all means please contact me. The focus of this mod is to push the limits of the game, make the scale of the game a bit more realistic, new custom systems, ships, weapons, equipment, factions, and more. There is a joy of the game and mod making type project so no one is being compensated beyond being made an Admin in and out of the game and on the forums with all the rights and privileges granted unless you do something to be kicked out of the community.This is a personal project for me. The mod is my vision and if you cannot handle criticism of your work or being able to produce something to someone else's vision then don't bother please. Again this is -my- personal project. I am still learning how to modify this game but I am learning quickly. Any help is extremely appreciated. This doesn't mean email me or find me on a Messenger Client and shout tidbits at me. Contact me about this only if you are interested in becoming a member of the mod team.

Hm...sounds pretty interesting. I might try it out sometime soon.

You might be hard pressed to find a brand new copy let alone a used copy in stores. I have heard of several people finding new and used copies online. If you can't get a real copy, there is always torrents and p2p. If you are into gaming at all and like the idea of flying about in different ships doing all sorts of things it can become quite addicting. Awesome game.

I've got the game, but I've really only dabbled in modding it... I could never really figure out how to do a whole lot more than change ships, create weapons, and hack save games... I think with freelancer mod manager you can do quite a bit of stuff, but I've never figured out how to import 3d models into the game...

Cangor, Don't be discouraged by the coding of the game. I was when I first started to play around with it. A serious helping resource for Freelancer Modders is http://www.lancersreactor.com/

Lancers Reactor is a site you can connect with other modders in the Freelancer Community and see other modders releases aswell as get your questions answered by experts. There are also invaluable tutorials and other information about modding the game. It's a must!

It's very simple to mod most things in the game. I just don't have enough time to undertake the project fully without the aid of other modders and hopefully some support volunteers to police the in-game world. Rome wasn't built in a day and certainly not by one individual alone.

I have a good vision of what I want and how I want a lot of things in the mod to stack up. If I had others to help me who could take on a couple of small side projects it would help me exponentially.