xisto Community
Matrixdudej

Change My Ip how?

You would have to contact your ISP and ask to have your IP address changed. However, most of them will not change them as it tends to make their records a bit more difficult to manage and you should really have no need to change it. However, if you are assigned an IP address dynamically when you connect to the Internet then rebooting your router or telling it to reconnect will also get you a new IP address.

You mean to change your IP? Yeah, although really there isn't much need. Why do you want to change your IP, might make it easier for us to help you. Really, if your using an elite annonymous proxy then it shouldn't pass any information onto the server and should appear pretty close to you actually being that IP.You can spoof your IP too, which is different to using a proxy as it tells the remote server that you are actually using a different IP and if they ping that IP another computer (not yours) will respond. So it's like a proxy where you can't recieve traffic back (because it goes to the wrong system). Again, there are only very few cases where this will ever be needed.You can contact your ISP to change it although you'll probably be on the phone a while as if you ring the help desk you'll just get one of the standard employees answer who won't be able to help with strange questions like these. I'm sure you know what call centres are like.

That really depends on what ISP you have. If they give you a dynamic IP (this is what you have if you have Dial up, and somd DSL providers give dynamic IPs), then you can just disconnect and reconnet to change your IP. If your Internet Service Provider give you a static IP, then the only way to change it would be to contact them. You can use a proxy if you want other sites to think you have a different IP, although using one does not technically change your IP.

Depends on the ISP, some could change with the click of "repair" connection, or when the connection goes down for whatever reason. I have ADSL, so my IP stays untill it gets disconnected for whatever reason, or whether i decide to repair the connection when the connection is either slow.

Just give your ISP a ring and ask them, if you don't want to spoof or proxy then you'll have to speak directly to them, or atleast give us some more information on why you would want to change your IP address. I can't think of a single reason, enlighten me.

yeh, most people have a Static IP which means that it stays the same but if you use a program to make it a dynamic IP it changes every time you connect. Can't remember what the program ws called though......... sorry

if u are a windows user then you can do it by using dos command. Though i have not tryed but i think "ipconfig /renew" will work. or just tupe "ipconfig /?" and follow the instrucktion

Why do you have to change your IP? A good reason would make it clearer.If you have a static IP then you should contact your ISP to get you a new IP.If you have a dynamic IP or on a PPoE type then just reconnect/redial and you're done.Most ISP's won't let you change IP unless you can justify the your reasons. (eg. DDOSed)

Not sure why you would want to change your IP address. I have a dynamic IP (on dial-up) which changes everytime i connect to the internet (proxy too) however ever so slightly.If you have a static IP then it is possible to contact your Internet Service Provider if you want to change. However, some people change IP's as a way to abuse certain rules or as a means to bypass a situation by hiding your previous ID so you need a good reason.