xisto Community
TypoMage

My Dad

This may seem like a stupid post but......My dad is really smart with computers, and it does not make any sense at all! He works with trucks and is not all that great on technology, but when it comes to fixing the internet he knows exactly what he is doing. It is creepy :D I always ask myself did he have a job before that was about fixing internet and then I asked him he laughed and said no. But still how could he know so much about fixing the internet, He does not just push repair or something stupid like that. He does some weird stuff with my computer that fixes it that even I would not know! Beaten by my 40 year old dad. :PTell me how could he know this?

Perhaps he just has the kind of mind that makes it easy for him to figure out internet/computer problems easily. Some people are like that and no one knows why.He could have also worked for some secret government agency that gave him those skills. That would explain why he wont tell you how he learned.

There really isn't much to know when fixing the internet. Rebuild WinSoc2few network setting to find you modemrebuild a dialer (dialup)try plugging it in lol it helps oftenAnd set proxy settingsThat's about all I know how to do with internet, And I have never been stumped by a internet problem for quite some time.Maybe you dad spent a lot of time talking to you ISP tech support, Thats where I picked up some of my stuff and now I haven't had to call them for at lease a year. And I have had close to a dozen problems, no, not all on my computer.

Some people have a mind for computers. I've noticed that a lot of people are good at specific computer-related things. My Mom, for example, is in her late 40s. Back when she was in high school, girls in her area weren't allowed to take computer courses. Instead, she was stuck in "consumer math" (i.e. learn how to comparison shop at the grocery store - big whoop). Even so, my Mom can do all sorts of crazy things with hardware. If the device has a circuit board - cell phone, the DVD player, computer, whatever - she can figure out the hardware problems and get the thing going again in just a few minutes. Mom's never had any training. She's never worked with any electronics for a living. She just knows what she's doing. God gave her that sort of a brain and she uses it when something needs to be fixed. Your Dad sounds like he intuitively knows what to do. The system makes sense to him. That's all. :P

Some people have a mind for computers. I've noticed that a lot of people are good at specific computer-related things. My Mom, for example, is in her late 40s. Back when she was in high school, girls in her area weren't allowed to take computer courses. Instead, she was stuck in "consumer math" (i.e. learn how to comparison shop at the grocery store - big whoop). Even so, my Mom can do all sorts of crazy things with hardware. If the device has a circuit board - cell phone, the DVD player, computer, whatever - she can figure out the hardware problems and get the thing going again in just a few minutes.
Mom's never had any training. She's never worked with any electronics for a living. She just knows what she's doing. God gave her that sort of a brain and she uses it when something needs to be fixed.

Your Dad sounds like he intuitively knows what to do. The system makes sense to him. That's all. :P

Wow, I guess moms just know all the things as well as they never get ill, are tired of her children boring stories...

well ok xD

I think it's just some experience with pc. Like your dad had a crash once, someone showed him what to do, next time when that happened he did the same...started exploring..and yea, got good at it. You learn from exploring.

But ah well, maybe he just had taken some computer courses?