xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kiev11

Windows Vista Less Secure Than Older Versions?

my brother has windows vista and told me that it is safer than other versions of windows but according to other people they say that it has bugs and other stuff whick one of these are true?

Don't be fooled by what Microsoft says!In these first few months after Vista's release, there are bound to be lots of bugs especially as Vista has so many new features. I bet there is an entire pool of them just waiting to be exploited and then patched. Vista has 50,000,000 lines of code or more and people reckon that commercial software contains 20 to 30 bugs per 1,000 lines; that's 1,000 to 1,500 bugs!You must also remember that there have been 4 years to fix XP's bugs and they are still finding more. However, there have only been about 1 month to fix Vista's so you are bound to be unsafe using Vista: why else is there such a huge market for its security?

Ok Windows Xp And Vista both are very crappy! ( I have a Xp and wish that I had Mac )My advice to you and everyone is to not get Xp or Vista and if you get the chance to get a Mac! They are easier and faster, ( In my opinion. :P )

There has been alot of argument on this and a large number of topics about Vista, but the thruth is, you can't really know what is real, and what's fake anymore. When it comes to security there is no doubt that Windows is a platform tortured with hackers, crackers, and virusmakers, and therefore has problems with safety. It is true that Vista has more securityproblems than XP, but it usually takes atleast one year after releasedate before they can tell what to change, and what to do to make it more secure. XP, Vista, Linux or Mac OS X... What to choose? That is a question alot of people ask, but there is only one person who can deside what to use, and that is oneself. Don't be afraid of going with what you feel; just be shure that you are prepeared to face any consequences.Good luck to you all, nomatter what you choose, and have fun :PSincerely,lihuyt

Vista is bound to have alot more bugs than XP - everything new and advanced does..I suggest waiting till a more stable release comes out.Im not getting Vista untill i know that is perfect.Theres no point spending 200$+ on something that will give you errors when you can wait, spend less and get a better product.Then again, you can get a firewall etcetc..

Well, I can say one thing for sure: I ain't installing Vista on my computer, ever! Why, you might ask... The number one reason is their "trusted computing" thingy... The only thing Vista is secure about, is that they will know every single thing you do with your computer, and probably have insight into your data... And that is one thing I'm not going to allow... I will sooner sell my computer, and start working on a calculator, than install Vista... Be it my computer, or any other computer on my workplace...

Sadly, employees at my company are computer illiterates, and I'm forced to stick with Window$, but I'm preparing a short course in Linux, and will switch every single computer to Linux, and get rid of Windows...

Windows is a big project, with millions of lines of code, and no body expects it to be flawless... But Micro$oft doesn't care about customer feedback, and have turned the deaf ear to us... All they care is dollars, dollars, and more dollars... And that way, their software ain't getting any better... My advice, don't use Vista, ever... Stick with XP...

You can find a lot about TCPA on the internet, it's causing quite the stirr

You can sign the Anti-TCPA petition online here

its not unusual to think that vista will be bug ridden, it's probably true. they can't make it perfect/bugproof to begin with, they need to see where the bugs and holes are first. i won't be switching to vista myself anytime time soon, its still in its early stages and i don't see it as being a worthy investment just yet. i will eventually switch to it though. it's running on direct x10 meaning all the next generation pc games will be vista only. it's not just that, i just don't see windows operating systems to be as bad as people think they are.

i find that a lot of people complain about viruses, bugs, spyware and all that rif ruff on XP. as i've mentioned above, it's quite true that there is; but there are ways to deal with such problems. i dont think they know how to make the most of the operating system. i've been using XP for many years now and i managed it without any problem, rarely ever do i run into viruses or spyware. if i ever do, i know how to deal with it. of course i'd rather a super operating system which never got any of this rubbish, but it just doesn't exist. sure i can switch to mac or linux which are far less prone to such hazards, but then i have to constantly switch between operating systems to do various tasks. it doesn't seem worth it in the end. i can do everything i need to on XP and still have no problems. i do like macs, i use them at uni since i'm studying a design course. they're nice and simple, but i don't see them to be nearly as flexible as windows.

getting back to the point, yes vista will have problems. all i can say is, learn to deal with them. btw i don't like the idea of vista using TCPA. it's ridiculous imho...

Microsoft made a change to their licence agreement stating that every time a user changes their motherboard they will need to purchase a new Windows Licence:
An upgrade of the motherboard is considered to result in a new personal computer to which MicrosoftŽ OEM operating system software cannot be transferred from another computer. If the motherboard is upgraded or replaced for reasons other than a defect, then a new computer has been created and the license of new operating system software is required.

And the reason for this is:

Microsoft needed to have one base component left standing that would still define that original PC. Since the motherboard contains the CPU and is the heart and soul of the PC, when the motherboard is replaced (for reasons other than defect) a new PC is essentially created.

absolutely ridiculous.

I recently brought a Windows Vista computer and I wish that I should of brought a Windows XP for me it has high firewall seucirty which is very annoying and it has hunderds of bugs control panel bugs to security center bugs! Wow Windows Vista is a skank shouldn't of brought it! I think Windows XP is more safer. And I heard from a friend the Microsoft Hacker Took him 1 hour to hack Windows XP but to hack Windows Vista it took him 3 mins because it has so many bugs and holes where he could leak through!