xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hiway

Which University Is Best For My Field Of Study? suggest one

I'm the student of optical electronics engineering.the department is about LCDs ,optical fibers ,DVD storage ....etc. anything about transfer light to electricity or electricity to light.And I'm looking for graduated school in US. I'm interested in solar energy application.SO does anyone knows which University should I choose for?Thank you

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

By solar energy application, that is more technical school than optics. So any high-tech universities would do just fine. Rochester Institute of Engineering, Virgina Tech, Stanford University, Cal-Tech...etc All these schools are excellent for your solar research.

However, for optics field nothing beats Stanford. Professor Dr. Hanrahan, who has been working very closely with my company in developing programs and techniques for computer generated graphics in relationship to light and optical device, i.e. camera lens. And he is just one of hundreds of professors in Stanford that their researches are used from private sector development to national space programs.

I suggest getting a book by Barron's college review and read on other information. Or, visit their online portals.

Need some suggestionsWhich University Is Best For My Field Of Study?

I will be going to college in the next 1 1/2 years. I want to become a teacher. I am looking towards k-6 in the field that I am headng towards. Actually kindergarten or 1st grade teacher. I know there are alot of colleges/ University out there for this field. I want to know if anyone can give me some ideas of some of college in this field.

-reply by Carolyn