xisto Community
Forbez

Which Logo For A Header? [resolved]

I've made two lgos for a new company of mine. Called Brutal Warfare. And I don't know which to choose as the logo.

Logo A:

Posted Image

Logo B:

Posted Image

Logo A was made by a member of mine and Logo B was made by myself. PLease pay attention to the logo and not the behind stuff for the banner. As I could do the same for Logo B as on Logo A.

So which is better?

I like the first one. It seems a lot more active. The second one looks like text. But I do think logo b would make a good splash page image. Did you do the text yourself or was it a font?(You should apply for the graphics crew).

Logo A: more suitable for headers for its width. Plus, like Kubi said, it's more active?it catches the eye more. Also, i like the "3D-ness" of the object to the right of the text.Logo B: good for stamping stuff with. If shrunk down, could make a good avatar. Maybe a border would do nicely here. Not so much good for a header, for it does not take up as much space as logo A.

Logo A: Better for a banner/header for sure. Also if you were to take that shield out and use that for the actual logo for the site, that would be great. Did you make the shield in a vector program? If so then yes, make that your sites logo by far! If it was made in photoshop or a pixel/bitmap program i would redo it in a vector program so you can blow it up and shrink it without loss of quality. If you want more info on that PM me or post something here. Ill get back here! I also love the typography in this one!Logo B: Looks a little weak. Not much there. Very static. I would develop that a little more. Although the one above blows this one out of the park. It has potential for a even stronger header/logo then above it's not quite there. Also is that a font? If its a font did you stretch it or increase the font size? If you stretched it thats a big no no in the graphic design world. It might just look like that, but i pretty sure it is since it has the same width as below, but is at a larger font size. Hope my comments help at all. I really like that shield though. Simple, but pretty strong and effective. Because of the angle it is also interesting and becomes less static.

Thank you for the repleys.

I like the first one. It seems a lot more active. The second one looks like text. But I do think logo b would make a good splash page image. Did you do the text yourself or was it a font?
(You should apply for the graphics crew).

I am currently using Logo B for my splash page. But I also agree that logo A is better and mroe easy to use with anything.

Logo A: more suitable for headers for its width. Plus, like Kubi said, it's more activeit catches the eye more. Also, i like the "3D-ness" of the object to the right of the text.
Logo B: good for stamping stuff with. If shrunk down, could make a good avatar. Maybe a border would do nicely here. Not so much good for a header, for it does not take up as much space as logo A.

I totally agree. Would be great for a header. And logo B is to small and very like a stamp.

Logo A: Better for a banner/header for sure. Also if you were to take that shield out and use that for the actual logo for the site, that would be great. Did you make the shield in a vector program? If so then yes, make that your sites logo by far! If it was made in photoshop or a pixel/bitmap program i would redo it in a vector program so you can blow it up and shrink it without loss of quality. If you want more info on that PM me or post something here. Ill get back here! I also love the typography in this one!
Logo B: Looks a little weak. Not much there. Very static. I would develop that a little more. Although the one above blows this one out of the park. It has potential for a even stronger header/logo then above it's not quite there. Also is that a font? If its a font did you stretch it or increase the font size? If you stretched it thats a big no no in the graphic design world. It might just look like that, but i pretty sure it is since it has the same width as below, but is at a larger font size.

Hope my comments help at all. I really like that shield though. Simple, but pretty strong and effective. Because of the angle it is also interesting and becomes less static.

Never thought of using the sheild as logo. But great idea will do that now. I use PS CS3 and I belive that it resizes as you said. So I will just make the banner in a massive format and the shrink it when needed. Your completely correct about logo B. Is to bland and simple. Not very eye catching.

Again, thank you all for you repleys. I have gone with Logo A.