xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xtxtx91x

My Web Template i just wanted to see what everyone thought

ok i didnt exactly know wheer to post this but

i wanted to know what people thought of my layout template i made

100% by me all images are made by me by scratch in photoshop cs2 :D :D :P :P

Posted Image

I'm not sure I like the colors. There's to many in my opinion. I usually stick with 2-3 colors, and no more. The background is pretty nifty though. Try putting more info on the page, just some random text, so it looks more full.Very good job though. I like the banner.

The bright blue in the NAV does not go well with the background colors, they both "collide" (if you will). The black splatter of striped paint in the banner "collides" as well with the rest of the colors in the banner. The green text in the banner can be a bit disturbing when looking directly at it; if it were a darker green it would be better. The banner, nav and content area have little interaction with the background. It has a floating feel to it—is that what you were going for? I would try to have the stripes in the background work as if it were a frame to "hold" everything in place.Overall, i like the design on the banner. I would just replace the background colors with the colors used in the content area—each according to its shade; maybe a more brighter pink than the (dark) pink that's used for the header and footer of the content area.

I really like the background. I think if you were to just use less colors (you should try to keep it to about 3 colors) You want to try to get a good color scheme and your ready to go! I would suggest a color wheel. A monochromatic or something color scheme. Your leaning towards a secondary triadic scheme, but it just doesnt really fit. The actual layout and everything looks cool. I would just work on the colors! Great job.

It needs a good amount of work, not to be too negative. It lacks a good structure and outline. First of all, start with adding a border around your actual site so that if it is displayed in a larger screen than it was created for, there is a constant background color on the outside that is different from the rest of the site but matches so that someone's eyes are lured to the content and not the extra white space. A border will allow a good distinction between background and content.Secondly, the block structure on the site needs some work. First of all, but the links on the left since this will be the first place a users looks to see what the content is. Users dont like having to look for links and they want them in the usual place. Secondly, add some more of a block structure to your content so that it doesnt look so plain. Finally, change the color scheme so that everything matches very well and is readable to anyone.

I like the banner, it's pretty good. The background could be a little dimmer because it kinda disturbs the content a bit. As for the navigation and the content, it sucks to be honest. I'd go with what the other guys said, stick to 2-tone colors or somewhere around there as long as it's less colors. If you got this then it's fine.

i like the overall idea of the layout but you should choose to colors i see you are trying to make a bright layout but at the same time you want it to be try dark pink so it is not to bright and it will blend nice with a dark background that is my opinion.