xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Watermonkey

Security Scanner Can See Through Clothes Big Brother invasion of Privacy just got a whole lot more personal

I personally won't fly and haven't since before 9/11/01. I'll drive or take the train thank you very much. But for all the people who still insist on flying or have to for work, you might consider the lengths the TSA (and other country's similar agencies) are willing to go to violate you, humiliate you, and generally treat you like livestock. According to the article http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ , The scanner will be voluntary (Exhibitionists only please!) at first and the person looking at the scan will be unable to view the actual person as they exit the machine. So it'll be anonymous like getting your picture taken and publishing it in a filth mag. The people on the other side won't ever meet you face to face so it's all good. There's only one good answer to airline security, but I'll never happen. Anyone guess what it is?

:P I will ever fly another airplane after all of the movies I have seen. ( I do not want to get sucked into a hole the size of a nickle! )

If it gets me through the lines quicker I'll do it. I could care less of what they see of me and if it blurs out the private areas then there you go. They can make fun of my all I want, they are just trying to make money and keep the air ports clean. If it's voluntary that means you probably won't have to go through the other parts of security and just that so you will probably get through a little quicker. It is a little wierd I think sure, but they can't really take any chances. Although why it's only voluntary I guess is because it may be against someone's religion to go through one of those things and expose themselves so they aren't allowed to make it necessary.

:P I will ever fly another airplane after all of the movies I have seen. ( I do not want to get sucked into a hole the size of a nickle! )

I'm biting my tongue here, mostly because I know at one time at least, Art Bell, the founder and weekend host (currently) of the most popular late night radio talk show in the states, Coast to Coast AM, believed this myth and nearly hung up on me when I tried to explain to him it's simply urban legend perpetuated by Hollywood. So, I'm just going to say that you need to become more informed and stop relying on the TV for your education. Go here for a small explanation and do some searches on the internet for more. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabin_pressurization Pulled from that web site: "Contrary to Hollywood myth, a bullet hole in a window, or even the loss of an entire passenger window, will not cause explosive decompression. This was demonstrated on MythBusters. However, such damage may cascade into catastrophic aircraft failure, when metal fatigue is factored in."

For others, saying it's voluntary now is just a way to get it in the door. Get the sheeple used to it. One day in the near future will include only these machines without the word "voluntary". Then maybe they'll even be used in schools and train stations. Want the government pervs looking at your kids every day when they enter the schools? I don't and I don't even have kids. In the future, if you want to fly commercial, you'll be exposed to the people in the booth who'll not only see all your most personal details but will record it for the database too.

I have a right to my privacy. Just because the claim is that this body scan is "voluntary" does not mean that it will ALWAYS be voluntary. They're making sure that the sheep continue running through the checkpoints even with this outrageous invasion of privacy in place. Once they figure out that people LIKE this "safe" feeling that they get from the body scanning, the TSA/airline industry will make the scans mandatory.And guess what happens then?Nobody gets to protest because, oops, so many people let it happen at the current stage.If anybody doesn't value his or her privacy and right to not be treated like a criminal, then by all means walk through the scanner. But please do one thing: the next time you go to the airport, take a copy of George Orwell's "1984" with you. You'll have PLENTY of time to read it while you're waiting.

That is an invasion of privacy, that is a fact, and if i was walking inside a airport and they were doing that through a sort of machine (like the one i saw back a few years in that arnold shaw. movie called: "Total Recall"), i would be angry with it and i would certainly demand for answers on the spot, and if i was not convinced, i would go to the court of law with my lawer, that is a fact, and i would win, that is another fact.People usually do not know their rights, and so that is why people do not act in this situations unless someone smart and educated, at least educated about laws (private law and public law, in this case it is the private law if i am not mistake), does something about it, something to protect his/her rights, and by consequence, to protect the others rights too.According to the law in many countries all over the world, at least in a democratic state, or even in a capitalist state, the airport would have to alert their clients to the fact that if they want to use their airlplanes or the airplanes at their airport, they would have to agree with beeing scanned, and they also would have to explain what the scanner would do, at least, so that people would have the information, and so they would be able to accept it or not, because airports do not have the right, obligation or even dutty to do that without the peoples knowledge and agreement.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

Believe me that all this stuff is not even a little bit of what government can find out about you and you body if they are interested! They can have you under full surveilence with technology that sees through your chlotes anywhere on the planet...These little things are just more visible and people are talking about them...I find it NOT important...best whises

That is an invasion of privacy, that is a fact, and if i was walking inside a airport and they were doing that through a sort of machine (like the one i saw back a few years in that arnold shaw. movie called: "Total Recall"), i would be angry with it and i would certainly demand for answers on the spot, and if i was not convinced, i would go to the court of law with my lawer, that is a fact, and i would win, that is another fact.

That's Arnold Schwarzenegger actually. I'd prefer the kind of scanner they showed in that movie. It acted much like an x-ray machine showing his skeleton and the pistols he was carrying. This thing actually shows your naked body as though you aren't wearing any clothes, from what I gather.

People usually do not know their rights, and so that is why people do not act in this situations unless someone smart and educated, at least educated about laws (private law and public law, in this case it is the private law if i am not mistake), does something about it, something to protect his/her rights, and by consequence, to protect the others rights too.
According to the law in many countries all over the world, at least in a democratic state, or even in a capitalist state, the airport would have to alert their clients to the fact that if they want to use their airlplanes or the airplanes at their airport, they would have to agree with beeing scanned, and they also would have to explain what the scanner would do, at least, so that people would have the information, and so they would be able to accept it or not, because airports do not have the right, obligation or even dutty to do that without the peoples knowledge and agreement.

I really look forward to posts from thinking people from Europe like you. It's informative to understand the differences and similarities in perspective we have. I find the young people in the States, instead of being rebels like they used to be, are more likely today to be complacent sheep going with the state and unwilling or unable to questions their edicts. I especially love seeing that some people seem to think that agents of the government sit around using similar scanners checking out people everywhere and that we sheep have been shaved bearing it all to our masters! No, not yet. Give it time and enough people with that attitude and it'll be reality in short order.
Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)