xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Speech And Research Paper Topic Ideas

In my 10th grade year (this year) we have to do a persuasive speech as well as a research paper on whatever topics we want, and the persuasive speech has to be on a highly debated topic.So i was wondering if anyone here could give me any suggestions as to what i would do my speech on.Thanks

Just go to Yahoo! News. The first few headlines will give you all of the hot, controversial topics that you need. Or turn on CNN. If you can stay awake through their endless Anna Nicole Smith "news," you've got it made :P

Some really controversial topics today that aren't necessarily making front page news but they are in newspapers:

Abortion

Death penalty

Euthanasia

Iran and Nuclear Material

Existence of God

Existence of Paranormal Spirits (links to Crop Circles, Personal Encounters, Sightings of Ghosts...)

Life After Death (links to people claiming to have seen hell - Ian McCormack)

War With Iraq

That's all I can think of on the top of my head - we have to study some of these issues in Religious Studies so they are fresh in my mind.