xisto Community
JDameron91

Making Games With Game Maker

Hi. :P

I just wanted everyone to know(if you didn't know already. :D) of a pretty cool program called Game Maker. From my experience with it, it's very simple, yet you can still make awesome games with it. Now, when I say "awesome" keep in mind, you won't be able to make games like "Halo" or something like that with it. But you can make pretty cool games still, it is capable of 2D and 3D games, although 3D is a newer concept to Game Maker.

If you want to download it, you can find it here
If you need any help with it, you can PM me here, email me at jessedameron@gmail.com or go to my site which can be found here and look at my example page.

It is free, but you have to pay 20$ USD to register it, otherwise you can only make 2D games.

-JD

Edited by JDameron91 (see edit history)

cool, I like it :P , somehow I prefer 3D game studio 6, It has this c-script language to do the scenario programming and model instructions with. And the rest is designing levels, models, lightning etc. I kinda enjoyed exploring all the stuff it had, but at some point I had to switch to a Debian box, and the time I spent at my winboze box now is not ment for game programming. I wonder if there is some not-very-hard-to-learn way to write linux games in 3D as well.

Hi. :P
I just wanted everyone to know(if you didn't know already. :D) of a pretty cool program called Game Maker. From my experience with it, it's very simple, yet you can still make awesome games with it. Now, when I say "awesome" keep in mind, you won't be able to make games like "Halo" or something like that with it. But you can make pretty cool games still, it is capable of 2D and 3D games, although 3D is a newer concept to Game Maker.

If you want to download it, you can find it here
If you need any help with it, you can PM me here, email me at jessedameron@gmail.com or go to my site which can be found here and look at my example page.

It is free, but you have to pay 20$ USD to register it, otherwise you can only make 2D games.

-JD

cool, I like it :D , somehow I prefer 3D game studio 6, It has this c-script language to do the scenario programming and model instructions with. And the rest is designing levels, models, lightning etc. I kinda enjoyed exploring all the stuff it had, but at some point I had to switch to a Debian box, and the time I spent at my winboze box now is not ment for game programming. I wonder if there is some not-very-hard-to-learn way to write linux games in 3D as well.

I have both of them, and they are both OK, but really i think 3D Games Studio 6 is better. You can make Realistic 3D Games without having to pay a cent! Now thats a good game maker. Happy Saturday from Imtay22!

Cool, I wish those programs had come out when I was in high school and I had a bunch of time. They look easy and great, I have always wanted to make my own game. Happy saturday to everyone! :P

Well, I have used GameMaker and it's really easy to build games. There are tutorials on the site. But if you want to build real game, then it's better to learn a programing language like C++. There are good games in 3D made with GameMaker that you can try on the site or on the forum. Hopefully one day there will be free to make 3D games. :lol:

I am seeking a game concept to develop. I have the ability to get the time, skills, resources and energy needed to develop a game but I dont have an idea to develop. If you have one, I would appreciate hearing from you. My income is not dependent on what I do each day so I choose to spend my time at the computer. I am good at putting resources together with the people who need them. And I am looking for a project or two to work on.

was in high school and I had a bunch of time. They look easy and great, I have always wanted to make my own game. Happy saturday to everyone! My income is not dependent on what I do each day so I choose to spend my time at the computer. I am good at putting resources together with the people who need them

Gamemaker isn't that bad actually, but I would rather make a game using pure C++ and some voxels and graphics and stuff like that, because once you build your game with Gamemaker, the game belongs to GM

Gamemaker is a great tool, I've done some great stuff with it. It's not just for games either, it's a full programming language so you can do many things with it. I've already made a 3D graphing calculator and a Sudoku Solver in Gamemaker.It has its limitations though. One of the biggest drawbacks is that it runs off interpreted code, so it runs a ton slower than any compiled language.Also, might I suggest http://www.64digits.com/ if you want an easy place to host your games/examples? Great site, it's much more than just a game host. But they only accept Gamemaker made games.

Gamemaker isn't that bad actually, but I would rather make a game using pure C++ and some voxels and graphics and stuff like that, because once you build your game with Gamemaker, the game belongs to GM

I don't know where you got that from, But its wrong. Anything you create is YOURS - bar what you dont have licence to, such as resources created by other people which you have persmission to use.

Game Maker is one of the BEST programming languages for those too young or lazy to learn C! (I know, that sounds bad, doesn't it?) This is a great program for those that aren't going to learn C yet but want to make the best possible games. It also teaches you for loops, while loops, other kinds of loops (=P), arrays, and other valuable programming code such as if then else. I have been using Game Maker for about 5 years now. I am starting to learn C, and in fact I was planning on starting this week! Game Maker has a new web site, http://www.yoyogames.com/. They are a good addition to it, but they take a while to respond to your complaints. This is extremely valuable and I suggest you get it, because it only costs 20$!