xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lyon2

Soldier Gets 100 Years In Prison For Raping An Iraqi Girl Sgt. Paul Cortez, is sentenced. Justice exists after all.

Soldier gets 100 years in prison for raping an iraqi girl
Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Justice exists after all! At least sometimes i mean.

This peace of crap of sargent raped a young iraqi girl and murdered her family just for fun, just for nothing.

100 years sentence to this thing called "Paul Cortez" is nothing, i do not know how he could live after doing that,
i mean, anyone that rapes a girl or a woman must not live, that is just my opinion on this case and on the matter of
death sentences.

What do you think?
Do you think he should live after raping a girl?
Do you think he deserves the death sentence or what?

I vote for the death sentence, and not to say that i really think he should be raped too, but i live that judgement up to you too, and before you say anything else, just imagine the poor girl, imagine it was your young sister, because in fact, she has a family.

I do not know for sure, but maybe this is not the first time, and certanly not the last this things happen in war sites,
and usually, it happens in wars created by USA, just remember the vietnam where this kind of things (rapes) happened all the time.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

The guy's absolute scum. I think he deserves the death sentance, but, hey, that's just my archconservative self, so...

Well the one good thing about the US is that life in jail actually means life most of the time, i mean here in the uk that guy wuld get about twenty years inside and then get let out to do it again. IN which case i would say torture him to a slow and painful death lasting several months if possible. However, as he realy will be in prison until he dies i prefer that because the psychological torture over 4O or more years is almost good enough for my liking. Though if i was in charge or prisons in any country id ensure there was severe psychological torture for such people so they break into a quivering mass in the corner of their cell. Anyone who can do that kind of thing to any woman is no man, they arent even human and so dont deserver any human rights at all. Not even animal rights.

Wow that is really messed up. :D I wish he got the death sentence too. :P

A tragic episode. But I don't hold with the death sentence, or with torture either. As Gandhi said, 'An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.'I think we should be thankful that our upbringing, our education, our peers and our experiences have made us beings who would not commit an act like that. There, but for the grace of god, go we.

I seriously think the country is no more what it used to be. People made it bad by putting war. I dont even understand why they are even there as they have control over their nation. Iraq is well on its own and the suicide killings will stop as well only if the troops are out. They have destroyed a country that was atleast not having suicide killings. I hope god shows mercy and justice.

I dont think any man has the right to put another man to death. Even in a situation like this.You can't seriously believe that punishing someone with the death penalty can be justified under any circumstances.If sick people such as this man receive the death penalty, wheres the justice? If they die then its like a quick exit for them but if their in prison, true they will still be alive but i can't think of a worse life than to be in prison, being trappedin a small cell day after day for the next 100 years.

Edited by James2k7 (see edit history)

I would say 100 years is good especially since those 100 years are spent in a military prison and trust me on this parole is not going to happen for him through a military prison even on good behavior. Of course it is very rare to get a death sentence through a military court because of the so different things the government and the military have to go through in order to set that up. The last death sentence to be carried out in the military was in 1961 and right now there is maybe a handful still waiting for their death sentence to be carried out. Of course those soldiers should be very lucky they were not tried in Iraq or the Iraqi courts would have already tried, convict and hung those soldiers that very day. For the most part the criminal were caught and they will never be free again and live out their lives in a concrete room, but there is never a true justice for anyone regardless of the outcome.

I think that these sort of things happen a lot more often than we think and of course not everybody is brought to justice. However, it is good that few cases like this one do come to public, because maybe a few psyhcopaths in the hands of the great psychopat (Bush) can be really harmful to all the world and especially to poor iraqies. There is only one thing that troubles me: Why would the USA government put this sort of info out in public? BEcause they do control everything and they could stop that from being published. I think that the reason is that they are trying to tell us, that they are fair and honorable and stuff like that - HEY guess what, I DONT BUY IT!Greetz

I do not think that he deserves death sentence but should live life and feel the heat for if he dies then he is a winner for nobody can humiliate him nor can anybody beat the crap out of him. I think if he is given parole then half of his earnings should be given to he victim not as charity but for expenses that she would like to make, I guess he should be put in a prison in Iraq and put up on display or atleast not give him parole of any kind.