xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sonorama

Transfering Files To Other Server

hi first. This is my complain:

I used to be hosted by Xisto long ago. Then, due to the traffic my site started generating, decided to take one of your paid packages (3S), which I hadn't had any kind of problem (or maybe it seem like). But then I didn't realize how much downtime you guys have in your Gamma servers until lots of people started complaining about it, then I've had to see it myself.

I have a friend with similar plan, but you hosted her site in your Theta Server, and her site is quite OK always. Its never been down since she got the package, and it's been almost a year ago. (I have been able to see it myself as well...)

My question is: Can you guys move my entire site (and addon domains sites) to some well-working server, manybe Theta?

the downtime is ridiculous HIGH during the day (and night)

Thanks for your attention...

BTW, my hosted domain is sonorama.net

When you request for Xisto - Web Hosting please state your server name as well.

Please clarify your statement

But then I didn't realize how much downtime you guys have in your Gamma servers until lots of people started complaining about it, then I've had to see it myself.

Gamma server is only for Xisto.com accounts. All paid hosting for Xisto - Web Hosting are NOT hosted with Gamma server. Are you commenting on that Gamma used to go down? Or, are you saying that you're still with Gamma server?
Downtime cannot be blamed only to Xisto - Web Hosting. Majority downtimes are contributed by attacks to unstablely set database or member trying/testing scripts that puts server to a halt.

Your Plan 3S should be hosted with Theta as well. If so, I am also hosted with Theta server and my site almost never went down--once in January 2007 for 1 hour.

Few things you can test out--install site monitor and record when your site actually goes down (like sitemeter) and see if it's not your browser being timed out. This can distinguish the difference between "Page Cannot Be Displayed" and 404 or Site Not Found error.

I visited your site during the post of this reply and I am able to view your site without a problem. However, using FF2.0 it takes unusually long time to load compare to IE6... I wonder which browser you were using.

Let us know and see what can be done to track down the actual issues. Thanks.

Gamma server is only for Xisto.com accounts. All paid hosting for Xisto - Web Hosting are NOT hosted with Gamma server. Are you commenting on that Gamma used to go down? Or, are you saying that you're still with Gamma server?

both things are correct. i mean, my site still in Gamma server. and yeah, it runs slow sometimes, which would be not that bad, considering a 99.9% uptime hosting, but when it happens to be down at least 1/5 a whole day, mmh...

so, may i request for a server move?

p.s. sorry, my english is quite poor. :P

Gamma server may experience more downtime compare to other servers since Gamma is for all Free Web Hosting accounts. However, this refers to SQL downtime for my other account in Gamma did not lose severe downtime hours. I have set up http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (hosted in Gamma server) and you can compare with your "downtime" and this account. If both are down the sure bet is Gamma is down. If only your site is down the problem is elsewhere.

It is unknown why a paid customer of Xisto - Web Hosting is residing in Gamma server. Please inquire with Xisto - Web Hosting to see if this is correct. I will make OpaQue know if this situation.

I have set up http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (hosted in Gamma server) and you can compare with your "downtime" and this account. If both are down the sure bet is Gamma is down. If only your site is down the problem is elsewhere.

yes, it's down as well... :P

and BTW, yeah, i'm sure sonorama.net is in Gamma server...

Edited by sonorama (see edit history)

you know what i see?

i see pages made with HTML are ok, but if a site is built with PHP and/or using MySQL, then the site experience an unusual downtime a few times a day...

look wha i get in my site's footer:

WordPress database error: [MySQL server has gone away]SELECT ref_ident, last_updated, title, searchterms, url FROM wp_bdprt_urls WHERE full_reference='http://www.sonorama.net/'
WordPress database error: [MySQL server has gone away]
INSERT INTO wp_bdprt_urls (full_reference, domain, url, title, searchterms, last_updated) VALUES ('http://www.sonorama.net/' 'sonorama.net', 'http://sonorama.net/' 'Sonorama.NET', '', '1172197428')

SELECT browser_ident FROM wp_bdprt_browsers WHERE browser='Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-AR; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1'

INSERT INTO wp_bdprt_browsers (browser) VALUES ('Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; es-AR; rv:1.8.1.1) Gecko/20061204 Firefox/2.0.0.1')

SELECT target_ident, last_updated, target_page_url, taregt_page_title FROM wp_bdprt_targets WHERE target_page_url='/index.php'

INSERT INTO wp_bdprt_targets (target_page_url, taregt_page_title, last_updated) VALUES ('/index.php', 'Sonorama.NET', '1172197428')

INSERT INTO wp_bdprt_hits (ref_ident, browser_ident, ip_address, target_ident, time_of_hit) VALUES ('0', '0', '189.138.116.236', '0', '1172197428')

...and now all those MySQL warnings are gone... quite frustrating... :P

Gamma server was experiencing some serious downtime today. I'm not sure if this is due to OpaQue managing server clusters.Looking at the server status and network status, IOTA (strict SQL server) was created to manage database only. Perhaps all Gamma databases were transferring to Iota. If this was true I apologize for your inconvenience. Gamma server looks all green and I am seeing your site even faster than before. I hope that this solves your issue.You can always check the server status with top forum menu, Xisto > Server/Network Status

You have around 1.8 GB data in your account. Transfering will take a long time. I have initiated it. Please do not touch your account for 1-2 days atleast. Let DNS propagate.