xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FatJ

Hockey - General Talk

Oilers Rule!!!I don't know much about Hockey, but I can tell you that the Toronto Make Believes won't be winning it this year...Vancouver stands a better chance... HA!

Well, a college town like mine depends on good Hockey games and football games. Since it's my town's only chance of seeing a glimpse of glory this year, I would say Go Sabres!!I have high hopes that this season would not be the repeat of the last--going so far to fail at the end. Sabres' players are young and most of them are out of injury status. Well, they have to win otherwise I'll be facing more road rage HA HA HA. You have no idea the mood changes these sports can bring to my town. You can cut the tension with a 10ft long stick. I guess coming from a huge city I never knew the effect on the local sports on the local town.

Nah Hockey is not that great Football is number one!Go Patriots!

Since I was born and raised in Canada's capital, I'd say the Senators still have a good shot at it this year. I was doubtful at the start of this season when they were struggling, but now they've overcome that period and are playing well and finding different ways to win games. I doubt they'll catch Buffalo, but they've beaten them several times (revenge from last year's playoff matchup?) Who knows what may happen this time.

Edited by shigajet (see edit history)

GO LeaFS!!!!The biggest game of the season is tommorow night. Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Montreal Canadiens. The Leafs are one point behind the Canadiens for 8th spot in the eastern conference. If the Leafs beat the Canadiens they are in teh playoffs, and if they go into Overtime, the Canadiens Are in.Hopefully the Leafs win seeing as they have Home Ice Advantage. If they make the playoffs, they have teh potential to pull off wht teh edmonton oilers did last year, making the Stanley Cup FinalsGO LEAFS!

Well, it looks like the Oilers are done for the season, so I'll have to fallback to the Canadiens... :lol: j/kNow that I live in the West, I be rooting for the Western Division Champs, whoever that might be...

I'm a Texan. We're far more concerned about football (American style, of course) and baseball than we are about hockey.The Dallas Stars are somewhat close to me, though. I was a huge fan up until the NHL lockout. Now I'm not really doing much of anything to support pro hockey in general. College hockey? Well...if my school had a hockey team, I'd be cheering them on *grins*

The Dallas Stars are somewhat close to me, though. I was a huge fan up until the NHL lockout. Now I'm not really doing much of anything to support pro hockey in general. College hockey? Well...if my school had a hockey team, I'd be cheering them on *grins*

Why not? jsut because of the lockout? The lockout, actually made the game better (except for there is less fighting, which is not really the best.)
But now the game is speeding up with up and coming super stars such as Sidney Crosby, Alexander Oveckin, Jordan Staal, Evgeni Malkin, and others.
These players bring fun and excitment to the game, they don't take away from it.

I would recommend that you consider looking at teh playoffs this year (Dallas are in) and watch how much the game has changed for the better.

Well, cool sport I guess, but I only went to one hockey game in my whole life... Islanders verse Rangers, NY verse NY. Good game. Very... how should I put it? ... bloody. The vomit and blood bounces on ice if its cold enough but I didn't see that. Just read it somewhere. There's hockey fights often in the games though. Which is kk I guess.

While we're still keeping th etopic alive. The Sens are up against the Pens in the first round - with Ottawa holding home-ice advantage. This time I think the series may go to 6 or 7 games, whatever the outcome.

Rangers are the best... followed by the red wings. i love hockey. i played it for 8 years. i watch games on tv when i can, play pick up games whenever possible, and all together love the sport