xisto Community
darran

Software To Remove Voice?

I am looking for a free software which is able to remove a voice in a song? To just keep the tune, something similar to the karaoke, I do know that not many songs provide only the tune for which there isn't any singing. I have been searching for quite some time as well, but the programs I found did not do just that. I have also read about how impossible it is to achieve with the programs because they only filter out some frequencies and it isn't possible to filter out to the point that only the instrumental part of the song is heard. But nonetheless, I hope someone can come out with a good solution to my problem :P

I have already tried this software and the fact that is a 'shareware' does not help much. And their voice removal does not actually remove the singing version of the song. Any other suggestions or maybe some technical explanation as to how I can go about doing this would be good. :P

One method I have found to work quite well uses Audacity, a free, open-source sound editor. Download it if you haven't already got it, its a brilliant piece of software. Now, to remove lyrics, open the song in Audacity. You should see two sound waves appear (left and right, this only works if your song is in Stereo). Click on the small arrow next to the name of the track (to the left of the waves) to get the drop down menu, and choose Split Stereo Track. Now click just under that bar with the name on the bottom (right) track. It should turn purple and be selected. Then go up to the Effect menu, and hit Invert. Now play the song and the lyrics should have mostly disappeared. This only seems to work very well for a few songs, and quite well for most others. Some songs, however, you can't do it.

I kinda rushed that, so if you need any more help using Audacity or following that then PM or email me, or get me on MSN.

It is nearly impossible to filter out voice from a song - trust me i was a sound technician and attempted what you are after countless times. Although you can get some bits of voice with Audacity or Computer Muzys.

I did what you said rvalkass. But it did not work, I am not sure whether I did anything wrong. I have added you on MSN. CrazyRob: Did you ever managed to filter out a voice from a song during your job?

u cannot completely remove vocals from a music file...there are some softwares that claims 2 remove like dart karaoke but u can do it in cool edit pro n adobe audition too...but it differs frommusic files to music files. i had success in devocalising ur're beautiful by james blunt(it removed the lead guitar part also) but not in american idiot.give it a try

Replying to darranI have a "RealTek High Definition Audio" integrated soundcard whose software (specific for that soundcard) can remove voice automatically. The result is not perfect but often it is acceptable. However, the most straightforward way is to download the MIDI file from the web, remove the instrument which plays the notes of the singer, and then convert it into mp3. Goodbye-reply by Lian Dyer

At Present there is nothing out there at the moment that can remove vocals from a song. The reason being is that vocals have a wide range, there is the original note (called the fundamental) We'll say A (440Hz) and it has frequencies above it (called harmonics) The human voice is very complicated with many fundamentals and such which spread over many frequencies. If you were to E.Q Out (Adjust the frequencies of the song) you would posibly minimize the voice, but you cannot remove it, and just the voice. You can try and remove some of it but would remove other instruments (like guitar). The Best way is to get a Midi File of the song and use that. There is some software that can turn the midi notes into real sounding instruments (through sampling)

Pitch of the kareoke song

Software To Remove Voice?

I have downloaded a few kareoke songs. But unfortunately the pitch seems to be very high and does not suit my voice. I wonder if I can reduce the pitch?

Removing voice from other voices in camcorder recorded video?Software To Remove Voice?Is it possible to seperate voices in a camcoder recorded home video. I can transfer the video to my compiter but WMM (windows movie maker) does not have sophisticated enough audio editing to do this. Again, what I'm trying to do, there are three individuals in the video talking, one much louder than the others, is it possible to edit out one voice and amplify the others with any software? If it matters I want to edit out the loudest recorded voice.-question by John

Removing Voie from MP3Software To Remove Voice?

Hi,

I tried your method to remove voice from mp3, but still the voice is not competly removed a very low voice is heard... How to remove completly... Pl. Help me out

Thanks & Regards,

Leela Vinodh

vocal removing problemSoftware To Remove Voice?

I'm a technician working in a audio company...

As far as I know u can never remove a vocal from an audio file but only supress it. It can be done only in a karaoke file where the vocals are synchronized with the karaoke file. U cannot remove it because in most of the audio files the vocal frequency is merged with that of either the bass or chilling. U cannot split those frequencies. Supressing vocal works well in those audio files which doesn't have a high bass frequencies. So it works well in instrumental or melodius songs.

-reply by Mr.Anonymus

Remove voices from songs or videosSoftware To Remove Voice?

Hi buddy, try the demo AV Music Morpher Gold to remove voice from songs and AV Video Morpher to remove audio from video. These 2 products are commercial ones, but you can try the demo free of charge. Check https://www.audio4fun.com/.  

-reply by Alex Lowe