xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
communitykat

Plasma Trash To Energy Machine A new machine that will turn anything into energy

Has anyone heard of this new machine? I guess scientist all over the world have been working on stuff like this for a century. I tried to look up on the net the exact machine and scientist I saw in a magazine earlier this week...Basically, it's like Back to the Future. There is a machine now that you can put any trash in, or anything for that matter except nuclear waste, it heats the trash to a high degree breaking all molecular bonds and creating ethanol, hydrogen and other forms of fuel. The only problem is a toxic bi-product that looks like obsedion rock which they propose to make floor tiles out of. Uh...I don't think that last part is a good idea. However, there are algae that eat waste bi-products, even nuclear as long as the bi-product is in small pieces. There are folks who have mechanisms to turn all of our trash into energy and roads. A wide open market that will be seeing its hayday soon. So, invest! Invest in clean energy and ride the next wave to a prosperous future.

Very interesting, but, yeah, a link would be nice. Sounds like cool tech. The only problem would be how the heck do you heat something that hot at, say, home?

Current issue of Popular Science. The article is called The Prophet of Garbage. The vastly expensive and complex machine basically heats trash (including chemical weapons) to many times the temp of the surface of the sun and breaks down the material to their most basic components, ripping the very atomic structures apart until it yields some kind of obsidian glass-like substance that's inert and harmless. In the process it actually generates enough Hydrogen to sustain itself plus some. So while it needs the grid to get going, it'll actually continue to operated and add back to the grid once things get heated up. Very cool technology actually and a good issue of the mag too.

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

Don't you think that we're just goin' 3 steps further without even touching the more basic deals of the recycling/garbage ...

I mean, we all know the billion tons of garbage the world is producing, the matter of the distribution of the garbage, the way our consumer lives are destroying the environment directly (as opposed to the indirect construction because of the chemical and other industries)...

The thing is....well, instead of trying to find a solution to the things the problem causes, we should stop the problem...

Instead of trying to find ways to remove the trash, the countries should start concentrating on how to reduce the amount of trash we produce...Recycling is still not a tech we use properly. I won't even start to tell the problems about recycling and its improper use.

I conclude saying that we, as a human civilization, still see the tree, and can't see the whole forest...

what is the machine made out of? to be able to support that heat is pretty amazing.. and the the fact that it can power itself with enough left over is snazzy. this could really change things for the better, we're in dire need of such technology. what happen to all those water/air powered vehicles and such? news about them have died down a lot recently..

Now you, too, can find out everything you ever wanted to know about the disposal of trash but were afraid to ask: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

JohnSmith> Be thankful civilization doesn't see the whole forest... They'd just cut it down! :P

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)