xisto Community
Watermonkey

Adobe - Need To Learn To Make A Logo Help me at least get started

I've got the whole Adobe CS for Macintosh but I really don't know how to use it to create a business logo. If anyone has some free time and is handy with this stuff, I'd appreciate any help.The business is Network Testing SolutionsIt involves testing end to end for telecommunications elements including fiber optics, Microwave hops, T1, DS3, E911, any other wireless testing you could imagine.I want the letters NTS in caps to be somehow integral to the logo maybe in a sphere shape or perhaps including towers radiating radio waves or something. Get me started and maybe I can complete it.

By, "Adobe CS," you mean everything with those words, or just Photoshop? What you want can be done in Photoshop and/or Illustrator, and that's just with basic knowledge of these programs. The best thing i can do for you right now is suggest that you look up some tutorials for these programs.

Good-tutorials
Pixel2Life

Well if your making a logo and you have the whole CS suite i would HIGHLY recommend using Illustrator. This is because itis a vector program and you will be able to blow up the image 1000x and still be just as good of quality as the original. If you do it in Photoshop you will only be able to make it smaller from the original size and not loose quality. Now are you making a logo and not a sig I would suggest keeping it simple, so if you have general user tips like how to use the pathfinder tools then just PM me. I do mostly vector and use Illustrator CS2. Feel free to PM anytime for any reasons. I usually get back to you the same day or the next.What questions did you have though. It seemed like a huge general question, so I was not sure how to answer it.

Thanks guys. I'll dive in sometime this week probably and let you know what questions I have. I've got a starting point, and now I just need to visualize it and make it happen. I'll PM when I have questions.