xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itrainmonkeys

Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut

Posted Image

So has anyone read this book? I had to read it last year for one of my english classes and was blown away. We had to read a lot of other books but none stood out and entertained me as much as this one did. Kurt Vonnegut is a crazy dude and this book is a great example of his intelligence. He parodies a lot of different topics like war, science, and religion. Bokononism is the one religion on the island towards the end and it's great IMO. The whole story, involving ICE-9, a chemical that could potentially end the world if it were to get into the wrong hands. What it does is freeze any water that it touches, and if someone were to let it go in the ocean....well you knwo what would happen.

So.....thoughts? Comments? If you haven't read it I suggest you go out and get it. It's a really easy read and was funny and intriguing.

I haven't read this Vonnegut novel, but I read "Slaughter House Five" when I was in my early teens. That was a pretty good book, from what I remember. Now that you've mentioned this writer (brought him to my conscious memory), I'm going to have to go book shopping *grins*