xisto Community
TypoMage

Death, If You Could See It Coming?

To know or no to know?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Death,If you could see it coming?What if you could see it coming would you want to, know? My answer would have to be no. For all any of you know your death could come tommorow! :DUnfortunately there is no way of proving that what if there was. If someone invented a device that said when you died, ( Not how ) Would you use it?I wouldn't I mean who wants to know the exact month, day, and time of their own death?So.... Would you want to know? ( Either way it would not come any quicker or slower :P )

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

No Im fine not knowing.Its bad enough knowing that eventually you will die. Knowing when would proably drive me crazy, Id probably go out and do all the stuf I was afraid to do, heck who knows I might just wind up getting myself killed be fore its time.Not to mention what would happen after I died, Id be worried about going to hell, where Id be burried, who would get my stuff, how to take care of my loved ones.See its already driving me crazy.

I have no interest of knowing when I will die or how will I die or something like that.. even if somehow I know when I day, I won't be necessary to think it, just let it flow with the time, then face it when it comes.well why should we affraid of death.. we can't run from it, so it's better to face it :P

I dont want to know...the mystery of death and dying keeps us from living.... we are trying to live for we always hope that the future will be better if not better will be longer...

I would want to know when my death is coming; unless, they telling me 80 years earlier...But it would be great if they would tell me of my death 1 week earlier. I would get ready for the death. Like, say good-bye to everybody I know. And eventually do some good things that I have never gotten to do over the years in my life. So, I think it'll be pretty cool to know when you'd die. :P I'd try to be cool with it and all and just donate everything I have away.

I, for one, would think it's gonna be cool to know when I'd die. I could prepare for death, make funerary arrangements and stuff like that. (I don't want to lie down on a boring coffin/casket 6 feet under, I want to be "on my feet" in an obelisk of moderate height :P)A few hours before I die, I'd gather all my friends together for one last party. I'd be the greatest host I have never been. Then a few minutes before I die, I'd sing for them. I'm still having difficulties choosing which song to sing. For one, there's Don McLean's American Pie:"This will be the day that I die. This will be the day that I die..."Then, there's also our national anthem Lupang Hinirang by Julian Felipe. The last lines go:"Aming ligaya na pag may mang-aapi ang mamatay ng dahil sa iyo."(...but it is glory ever when thou art wronged for us thy sons to suffer and die.)Someone already did this before (in a movie) but she forced her death by overdosing on drugs before singing her last song. Another character, Selma (Bjork) from Dancer in the Dark, sang her last song before she was executed.Gawd, I was so moved by that movie. Y'know what? Forget the obelisk and the the last party (or last supper, whichever), so long as I get to sing one last song before I die. I'd know exactly when I'd die and when I do, people will remember me as the one who sang "that morbidly chilling song so appropriate, it's as if he sensed what was coming." Not that spectacular, but still great and no one will be the wiser :DNo, I don't have a great voice, though. I'm no performer or diva :D

personally id hate to know when i was going to die, i think it would be quite scary to see death as well as you dont know what it will look like - it could look like you see in the movies or it could be something totally different.If people knew when they were going to die lots of people would probably go crazy and try to get all things done that they currently have not done.

Edited by CrazyRob (see edit history)

It has its advantages knowning when you are going to die. I would try to do everything i wanted to, and i would enjoy at maximun my last moments in the earth. Also, if that device were going to tell me that my death is 70 years far, would be really pleasant :P but if it tells you that is only 1 year far, then there had be a real problem. I would now know what to do and it would live that last 1 year with a procupation and somewhat depressed.Is better now to know, i think, but thats why everybody should enjoy their lifes as much as they can, even if they death is near or not.

After seeing all of your comments, I think I am going to change my mind about this death thing.

I would want to know when my death is coming; unless, they telling me 80 years earlier...But it would be great if they would tell me of my death 1 week earlier. I would get ready for the death. Like, say good-bye to everybody I know. And eventually do some good things that I have never gotten to do over the years in my life.
So, I think it'll be pretty cool to know when you'd die. :P I'd try to be cool with it and all and just donate everything I have away.

Yeah it would be cool if you will simply die.. I mean die in your sleep..

What if you will know the cause of death and it would say that you will be murdered or run over by a train or perhaps tortured first before murdered?

Hmm, I don't care one way or another, actually - death is death. We all die, there's no big deal there.

Of course if you knew when you were going to die you could make your arrangements, meet friends etc. But why not do that anyway? Why not live every day, every week, every month to the full, as if it was a treasure - as indeed it is.

Whether one lives one day longer or eighty years longer, every moment of live is precious and needs to be LIVED.

And you know something? - if you do that.. it suddenly doesn't matter when you die, or whether you know about it in advance or not. You have lived, and lived well. When death comes for you, you will be able to look him right in the eye and smile in his very teeth, and die well.

A good life, well lived; a good death, bravely met - what more could one possibly need? The time of it's coming is irrelevant.

Requiem, by Robert Louis Stevenson

Under the wide and starry sky..

Dig my grave and let me lie..

Glad did I live, and gladly die,

And I laid me down with a will.

...Home is the sailor, home from the sea,

and the hunter home from the hill..

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

I wouldnt want to know because in my religion when you find out you are dying for sure and you know it is guarenteed like if you have cancer or AIDS then you cannot ask for forgiveness. I want to ask god forgiveness for my bad deeds and i want them accepted.

no I don't wanna know its too creepy.I'd rather die not knowing if I would die and how and die relax than die all stressed out because i know how I will die and be scared.the only thing I hope when i will die is to die fast.

i would absolutely love to know, really. i'd get so dam curious, but i think i'd be strong enough to resist the temptation. what fun is life if you know when you're gonna die... you can't enjoy every moment as it comes and you'd try to cram everything in at once. i'd much prefer that it was kept discrete so i could enjoy my life not knowing if i'd die tommorow or another 90years away! (haha thats abit to long actually -__-v)

I'm too curious though I guess I would find out anyway lol.I guess its a yes and a no because when you know it you can live your last moment trying to do things you like and be with people you love and if you don't know at least you don't have the idea that you will die in your mind I would hate living with this idea even for 24 hours.