xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
riphabbo

Ps3 ?500 Extra ?!?

I've been told that to play the PS3 you need a HD ready TV...Who on earth would buy the PS3 as a Christmas present? You'd need to buy a HD TV aswell!!!!...I feel sorry for everyone who bought it not knowing you needed HD

You don't need HD, it's just extra I believe. Don't let stores trick you into spending more money than you have to. The probably are saying, "In order to maximize your gaming experience, buy this HD TV." But I believe you don't need HD to run the PS3

That is bull crap. It is a scam to get you to buy more stuff, ( Then you actually need ) I do not think you need to have HD, :P

No it is NOT bull crap. I have an HD ready tv, so if I do indeed to get a PS3 then I will have hd ready. At least with the PS3 you do not have to by an extra HD hardrive that your will have to do with the 360, so all you need with the ps3 is the tv. Come on' some tvs were made before HD was made so of course you must have an HD ready tv, it makes sense perfectly!

as far as i knew the ps3 didn't need an hd ready tv just like the xbox 360. But if the ps3 does need an hd tv than that really sucks and becuase a lot of people don't have hd tv's it won't sell very well.

that is not true you dont need a hd tv for the ps3 cause they where saying the same tv is required to play the 360 if you want better gaming experience. Also hd tv are not that expensive you can get a 15'' for $200-$300 if you are one of those people who does not need a giant screen to play games and also if you already have a flat screen 20'' monitor you can use that too.

At least with the PS3 you do not have to by an extra HD hardrive that your will have to do with the 360, so all you need with the ps3 is the tv

You dont HAVE to..With the 360 you have a choice but when you buy the ps3 they force you to buy a Blu-Ray drive as well.. :P
I haven't got an HDTV.. I've got a normal TV and the 360 works on it though i dont see high def obviously..
When I get an HDTV I could get the hddvd drive so I could watch movies through the 360 instead of buying a mega expensive HDDVD player :(
With the PS3 I'd be buying the blu ray just to play the games and it'd be useless to me for blu ray movies because i'd only see dvd quality on my TV :(
Edited by krap (see edit history)