xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mr ? impressive

World Series 2007 - Mlb And Barry Bonds WHO YA GOT?????

I'm gonna go with CUBS vs TWINS

I just think that the Cubs had a really really good offseason and they are gonna dominate the NL Central.

If Kerry Wood is back to his old ways this year than the Cubs will have a good pitching staff. They picked up Soriano and they still have Ramirez, they have an amazing offense.

Now onto the Twins. The Twins have an iffy pitching staff but if they can pull it together I firmly believe that they can win the AL central.

Now if they do in fact make it to the series I don't see them beating the Cubs.

If it's twins vs Cubs it will be Cubs in 4 games, nobody in the MLB can beat the cubs.

Barry Bonds:

What do you guys think of him breaking the record this year?

I'm happy for him and I think he deserves it, he is a great player and if anybody breaks the record it should be him.

Steroids blah blah I don't care, steroids help you get stronger faster, that's it. So basically if he worked out like a maniac it would've been no different. Steroids DO NOT help you hit a baseball.

Are we talking about the 66-96 Chicago Cubs team that was in last place in the national league last year? :P The Cubs have no chance. Kerry Wood will never be as good as he used to, his age has got the best of him. Twins can't make it either, pitching wins championships. I'm going to take a risk here and go with Dodgers and Toronto, with Toronto winning in 6 games. Why? No clue, just thought they looked impressive last year compared to their previous years.

Steroids DO NOT help you hit a baseball.

How can you say this when it's PROVEN that steroids do help you hit better. I found a link on ESPN about a year ago that estimated that the number of home runs Barry Bonds actually hit should be about 650. He's a good hitter, I'll agree with that. He went from 34 home runs in 1999 to 73 two years later, when he was 37. Nornal baseball players don't reach the tip of their career when they are 37 and don't hit 39 more home runs than they did two years ago. Everyone knows he takes steroids, he's even tested positive on tests! I hate hearing about this fake and I hope Bud Selig finally kicks him out. It's obvious that the only reason he is playing is to reach the home run title, why else would you play when you are 45? And please don't tell me it's for "the love of the game." I don't even understand why the Giants are still signing him either. The steroids are slowly killing his body, as you can see by his multiple injures. If he does set the record this year, I will NOT be happy at all.

Barry Bonds:

What do you guys think of him breaking the record this year?

I'm happy for him and I think he deserves it, he is a great player and if anybody breaks the record it should be him.

Steroids blah blah I don't care, steroids help you get stronger faster, that's it. So basically if he worked out like a maniac it would've been no different. Steroids DO NOT help you hit a baseball.

Barry Bonds: steroid user. If he breaks the record, it will be asterisked - if only in my mind.

Steroids do help you get stronger faster, yes. But they also have lasting, horrifying side effects. I won't go into details because you can all search for yourselves if you don't already know what steroids will do to anybody who uses them too long or too much.

Bonds is a major league baseball player. He's supposed to be a role model for younger ball players. He's showing them that, if they want to do well, they should pump drugs into their systems too.

And that, sadly, is what will end up being the standard. Eventually, if the MLB commissioner doesn't do something - i.e. actually discipline the players who are busted for steroid abuse - upcoming ball players (high schoolers and college kids) will pretty much HAVE to use steroids just to get a shot at the pros. Otherwise, many of these kids won't be large enough or strong enough fast enough to make the cut.

This guy is so washed up. Why are we all having such a hard time seeing that? barry bonds sucks 'cause he is full of steroids. in his rookie year his weight was 185 lbs, now is 230. 45 lbs? are you kiddin' me? i repeat he's full of steroids and all his homeruns would have been 350. not one more.