xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Good Source For Learning Php

The site and the tutorials look very good, unlike most tutorials it really does start from scratch which is something i found hard to grasp when i was learning as every tutorial i found started halfway up the ladder assuming i knew what PHP was etc...Only bad pint about the site is lesson three doesnt work, i get a horrible 4O4 there... annoying!

W3Schools are also good for learning PHP and just everything about web programming like HTML, PHP, XHTML, JavaScript and much more. I'm trying to learn PHP and I will check this out too.

Interesting site, of course I know that template that site is using very well, but getting a little side tracked. Anyways I got a few dead links from some of the tutorials, but it looks to be like very basic stuff and nothing you can't already find always, like W3schools.

W3schools is really good as is Tizag. I suppose that bicubic is an extension of pixel2life because it has the same design. So far it looks good though it doesnt have many tutorials to start learning php yet.

Let's put more links that lead to great tutorials about PHP, so maybe mods can pin this topic?
Maybe links to good PHP examples too, not just beginners tutorials
Anyhow, post your opinions, i'm going to check my bookmarks to find some good sites :lol:

Small PHP review:

PHP is server side scripting language designed in the 90's to develop more dynamic websites. Before PHP websites were completely static HTML pages. With PHP user interaction was added, and it was a great step forward to pages that we know today.

PHP was developed in C++ programming language, and it is 100% free to use. Source code for PHP is also availiable for download, so that users can write their own extensions that suit their needs. I've been learning PHP for 4 months now, and it is really user friendly language to learn.

PHP supports numeric and text variables, it has great support for arrays, and it is full programming language, meaning that it supports both procedural programing, OOP or any other kind of programming. Nice tutorial on procedural vs OOP.

One of the most usefull features of PHP are arrays. Mostly everything done with php is conected to variables, which can also be made as arrays. Both single dimensional, or associative arrays. Understanding arrays is a good path to understand PHP. Of course that you need to understand basic functions (if {} ifelse {}; switch {}; for (value){dosomething()} etc), but once you understand those functions, and arrays everything else is going to be much more easier to do.

Edited by matak (see edit history)

i am currently jus tgetting into pHP coding, and i want to know wht is the BEST tutorial.. cause i dont really wanna have to spend like..weeks and weeks watching similar tutorials that will teach me nothing.. anyone know?