xisto Community
zak92

What Happens After Death? a theory beyond death or life on this earth

What do you all think happens after death? I will post my theory after listening to you all.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
The topic starter has the responsibility to get the topic initiated by presenting an interesting discussion; not waiting for others to start. One liner is spam to our board. Topic title and description MUST be complete.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Well, I do not believe in God, BUT; I do believe in a after life. I believe that we walk among the Earth as spirits.And some of us will be regular ghosts that will wonder the earth secretly looking after the ones we love, protecting them.And others that died, like being murdered they will look for the person that killed them, and haunt them.Well some will just haunt people because they can. Call me crazy, but you can never take away what I believe in! :P

I guess that's one of the biggest question on the human existence.. Our answer to this dilemma has great implications for our life here on earth. Although many avoid the issue, we must sooner or later address the question. There are many competing answers to this question.. and there are many brain, mind and soul who create it. So what will happen after our death will be what we think now, if you do good things(good in objective, since stealing are might consider as good things for thief) to other then you won't expect and think bad things. :P

Well, I'd recommend the book 'Johnathan Livingstone Seagull' to anyone whose searching for answers to questions about the meaning of life, and about death, etc. It's not a religious book or a tract, in fact it doesn't mention any religion, but it contains some very profound thoughts.I'm not for or against the existence of an 'other side' - as a matter of fact, where I live we call death 'the eternal secret'. There is some basis for the theory of re-incarnation, actually, as one sometimes comes upon 'old souls' - beings who have to be taught almost nothing of dozens of skills and arts, and who mentally, physically and spiritually exist on a higher plane, certainly. The world doesn't seem to tie them down so much either, materialism is just a word to them - it's like they've seen it all many times before.However, I'm still not for or against anything. I'm curious. I want to see what's on the other side. Perhaps it will be what we expect, perhaps not. But one thing I DO know - in THIS life, in THIS world, I'm going to live the best, highest life I can, because when the time comes for me to die, I want to look back and say 'it was a good life.'As for the next life, if any, I'll do the best I can with it, to the very best of my ability - WHEN I GET THERE :P

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

Before I start, I would like to say that I am a Christian, so my views could be biased. I would like to state that I don't believe in after-life. It does not agree with logic. How in the world would you come back to the earth all of a sudden when your corpse is deceased? Science disagrees with it, so I disagree with this view, too.I believe that when after a person dies, he would go to heaven or hell based on how he lived his life and his views on religion. I believe that you will be judged for what you did on earth and will later be put somewhere according to what you did on the earth. According to the Christian faith though, it's how much you loved God and your neighbors. But if you aren't Christian, it's how much good you did and how much bad you did. Sometimes I find myself questioning this but I try not to so I stand by this statement.

Edited by BordaForx (see edit history)

I have many thoughts about what happens after death. Maybe there is a another universe, where you start a new life, or maybe you just continue it there (that would be cool, so the death would not mean destruction for you :D ) or maybe you die but you come back here to earth as a new person (reincarnation) but there is no point to call it reincarnation if you forget everything of your past life, in that case it should not be called reincarnation, just another person took your place.What i think is the most right possibility of what is after death, is NOTHING. I think that its all just like before you are born, you have no mind, no soul, nothing, so maybe when you die, you just stop there and then you dont exist, you got nothing to think about or nothing to see, like before you were born, what you were thinking about before your parents met? :P

Life goes on. Worms eat our decaying flesh if someone didn't already stick our carcass in the oven. Then we'll make fine fertilizer for someone's tomato garden. Since the body is no longer useful or animated that which provided that animation, the spirit or soul, after hanging around for about three days, would move along to the next destination, perhaps the Akashic Records? Or perhaps to tend to suicide victims who wander the earth for a while. Perhaps you'll decide to come back as a crack baby to learn the valuable lessons that experience would provide. Perhaps you'll be privileged or poor, white or colored (pick a color), missing limbs or Mr. Universe. Who can know these things until it happens? No reason to fear it though, just let it come. When Death comes a knockin', swing that door open wide and embrace that old coot with open arms and say, "Take me away from this wretched place as quickly as you can!" Then you'll know. Too bad you won't be able to drop those poor souls who are still suffering under the oppressive weight of gravity and the chains of slavery a line just to let them know they're on the right track. We'd sure like some kind of reinforcement now and again you know. A little pat on the back wouldn't hurt now and then, some little bit of encouragement... Maybe that's what the church is for... Some day, when the sun has decayed perhaps, you'll cease your need to embody the flesh evermore and live on in spirit, an angel in the heavens watching all the little ants getting sun burns and syphilis...

Edited by Watermonkey (see edit history)

What you were thinking about before your parents met? :P

Hey, you were probably floating in the air above them (invisible) and got them to get together, then got them in the mood, then got them to 'do it' - all so you could exist, but after this masterpiece of manipulation, the sheer trauma of listening to your mom's heart beat for nine whole months with nothing else to think about drove you insane (like it does all of us humans - ever wonder why there are wars, here's your answer right here!!)

- anyway, once you were born you learned your lesson and reformed and stopped manipulating people. Bad baby. Bad.

JUST kidding, :D Not to be taken seriously.

Seriously... as I said before, read Johnathan Livingstone Seagull, for some fascinating thoughts on this subject. It's not a very long story, and I believe it's freely available on the net if you google it.
Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

Ok here is my explanation because of my religion and plus i strongly believe in it.After death you can see the whole world including the mysteries known to man. You are taken to a place no one knows and you will be questioned about your life. Depending on that you shall face what is awaiting until the day of judgement. Then you are questioned about your religion and your maker. Then hell and heaven is decided for you. In my religion everyone goes to heaven after they are punished for their bad deeds. You just have to pray 5 times and those bad deeds wash off so therefore if you pray you are clean.

hmm... i've discussed this with friends on a number of occasions, just recently too actually. my friends are more religious than me, so a lot of them believe in re-incarnation, heaven/hell, souls etc etc. i personally, don't believe in anything like that. its sad, and cold that i really think nothing awaits after death. it is the end, nothing more. what i mean to imply by this is that you simply won't exist anymore. i can't really explain it... we would no longer be able to sense anything, as in think or feel like we imaging we can; nor would we endlessly float around the planet or anything like that. it just seems too ridiculous for me to believe.i think of it as kinda like utter darkness, or absolute nothingness, a void even. like when you have your eyes shut in a pitch black room, minus anything going through your head. you won't even know you don't exist anymore, you won't even sense the darkness. you can't because it simply doesn't exist. you don't exist. again, it's sad that this is what i truly believe. its because i'm an extremely rational thinker. this makes more sense to me than any other theory, so i stick with it. i believe that souls are the containment of our brains. they cannot exist outside of it. they're the result of our brain cell's physical structure which allows us to sense and interact our non-physical being to everything else which is physical. although our soul is non-physical, it is still based on a physical structure. if the brain is damaged, the soul will also be damaged. if the brain stops operating, so will the soul... again, i cannot put into words. please try and understand.i mean, as humans we like to think that we're somehow superior to other life on earth. we've created heaven and hell as an excuse to a dark and cruel end. what happens to trees and critters when they die. how are they judged by god. god, if there is such an existence, to me, would be more like the flow of the universe rather than an entity he's so widely known to be. forgive me if i've offended you, this is just what i believe. i guess its good in a way that i know death is upon me and it makes me want to strive to live a good life while i can.

Edited by kawasu (see edit history)

My thoughts on this would have to be that in my religion which is Christan that you go to a place other than earth and live happly for the rest of eternity but, then again you get the thoughts in mind. If everything has a start then it would have a end. No one knows when their life is "Over" For all we know we could just be someones thoughts or something or their dream, I know you have to stretch your imagination out on that one but if you really think about it we know nothing about where we started from nor where we are going to end. We see death as our end because we dont ever see that person alive any more, but what if, what if they are still alive. Just not here? I believe in personally that we go to God's kingdom and live with him forever. But thats my thought//opinion. But then you start thinking. If it had a start, shouldn't it end? I mean i'm not trying to say that any religion is wrong I"m just putting a thought out there. What I'm trying to say is that if everything has a start where would the end be? I keep hearing "There is no end to the kingdom of God" But i dont know like i said, this is my opinion just putting it out there for others to think about, I am not saying any religion is wrong or right I'm just saying, this is my opinion.

it depends on your religion mate, if you atheisiss, then u die, if you christian u g heavean, if you believe in god heaven, f you worship devils you go to hell. And then there are lunies ho thing different and have wierd theroirs lke reincarnatons and such. So tis all depends on u and the religion u have and the theiroies u beileve in! I believe u goes to heavean and live happy, or if yous bad then hell is awaiting you/

I a not afraid if that is what you mean. Concerning what it will happen, who knows, maybe we will go to hell, maybe to heaven, as long as i go to a good place, that is what counts to me.I made some bad things in the past, but i did some good things too, i guess the average is good, so i i will go to heaven just because i have a clean conscience, and i have ask for forgiveness to the ones i have heart.Before i die, despite the fact that i beleave in good or not, i will try to clean my conscience as much as i can, just because i do not know if there is really a hell and a heaven waiting for us.What happens after death, i do not care really, i am sure i will go to a good place, close to the ones who love me and that i love too.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

I think we are what we are. Energy is neither created nor destroyed. You are what you are when you die. Actually, I think that life as we know it is regulated by magnetism and motion or vibration. I think if we could find a way to stop movement, then we would be able to stop time, and possibly time travel by creating the frequency we want to go to from that section of stopped time. Back to our spirits. Our spirits are held in our bodies by magnetism. Once we are set free from these mortal material shells we have to be able to keep our spirit together or risk being dispersed into the unified energy of space. If one is a good person with their energy all together, I think they will have their spirit when they die, and according to what thought pattern they have been thinking their whole life, they will go to that place, or transcend to another plane for another game of life. I think this life is to refine our spirits. We can refine our spirit exactly by denying our mortal desires. I think that every life form is a "pattern" with it's own lessons and experiences. We are placed into certain life forms to learn a lesson. Humans have the highest ability to manipulate energy, and I think it is one of the last tests before our spirit is released from our mortal bodies. If we cannot train our spirit then it will dissipate, if we can then we move on to where we always thought we would be, or to another plane to learn another lesson. And, yes, I do believe in G-d, Jesus, and heaven.

Well this is a Big question? No one knows thats answer corectly. But as every thing only moves in the universe, same after death we that is which we called soul, only moves in the universe and again come back to the earth as a new born baby. :P