xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Anna Nichole Smiths Importance Vs Troops

DO NOT turn this into a 'our troops shouldn't be over there conversation'

I don't know where to put this, it is NOT a joke and i see no proper area in LIFE TALK to put it in so imma put it here.

Reposting so I apologize for the all caps, I didn't write this...but I sure as heck agree with it...
ONLY A FEW HOURS AFTER ANNA NICOLE SMITH DIES, HER NAME AND FACE ARE PLASTERED ALL OVER THE NEWS, THE INTERNET, AND THE RADIO. BECAUSE OF HER FAME AND FORTUNE EVERYONE SEEMS TO ACT LIKE THEY'VE KNOWN HER FOR YEARS, AND ARE SO CAUGHT UP WITH THE *BLEEP* BEHIND ALL OF THIS... AND YOU WILL HEAR ABOUT THIS FOR DAYS TO COME...

KNOW WHAT MAKES ME SICK?? THERE ARE SOILDERS/MARINES DYING FOR YOUR COUNTRY EVERY DAMN DAY AND THEY GET A BRIEF ..." FOUR MARINES KILLED IN IRAQ TODAY.." ..." ANOTHER PLANE SHOT DOWN KILLING 3 AMERICAN SOILDERS..." AND DOES ANYONE BOTHER TO MAKE NOTE OF THESE MEN AND WOMEN DYING FOR YOUR RIGHT TO BE SAD OVER ANNA NICOLE SMITH? RARELY EVER.

IT'S SAD THAT ANNA NICOLE SMITH DIED AT 39.... BUT THERE'S ALSO ANOTHER 3000+ MEN AND WOMEN DYING AT A MUCH YOUNGER AGE DOING MUCH BIGGER AND BETTER THINGS THAN SELLING TRIM SPA AND HITTING EVER TABLOID IN THE COUNTRY. THEY'RE OVER THERE SELFLESS... DYING FOR THE GOOD OF OUR COUNTRY

IT'S SAD THAT ANNA NICOLE SMITH'S SON JUST DIED... BUT THERE'S MEN AND WOMEN OVER SEAS WHO DON'T GET THE PROPER GOODBYES TO FAMILY WHOVE GONE BEFORE THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE DEFENDING THE U.S.

IT'S SAD THAT ANNA NICOLE SMITH IS LEAVING BEHIND A NEWBORN BABY... BUT THERE ARE MEN AND WOMEN OUT THERE WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THEY'RE SONS, DAUGHTERS, HUSBANDS, WIVES, FRIENDS, AND EXTENDED FAMILY AND THERES A CHANCE THEY MIGHT NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN...

START WATCHING CNN AND SEE WHO THE REAL HEROES ARE IN THIS WORLD... BECAUSE EVEN THOUGH ANNA NICOLE SMITH MADE A FEW HUNDERED PEOPLE SKINNY, THERE ARE MEN AND WOMEN FIGHTING DAY AND NIGHT FOR MILLIONS TO LIVE FREELY IN THE UNITED STATES!!!

IF YOU AGREE......... REPOST!

I got forwarded that today, and i can agree 150% with this. I also think that it's ridiculous that they only report the bad things that are going on over there, never the good things, 'Another road side bombing, 5 more killed in a suicide bombing' never 'Troops help re-build dozens of homes, solder falls asleep while holding an injured child'

like i said DO NOT turn this into a 'we shouldn't be over there' thread. take that crap somewhere else. What i want to hear is your opinion on this.....

When I looked at this title I was like what the heck! But after reading this topic I understand. That is very sad. That alls those people dieing are all forgotten because of Anna Nichole. :P It is one person V.S. 3000 I think that is was it said 3000 Right?Well if that is the case I am sort of disapointed.

Judging by http://www.antiwar.com/casualties/ it is at 3133.

Yeah i suppose the title makes it seem like anna nichole is more important than our troops, but she's not she's just another *BLEEP* in the world.

It is really sad that someone who is popular has more importance than 3,00 people who are fighting for this popular persons freedom, as well as everyone else in the US.

News readers like new and interesting stuff. Celebrities don't die that often but US troops do all the time. The fact that their deaths are not specifically announced in the news makes them even more humble and, therefore, their service even more special because they are obviously not doing it for the media attention and publicity.

You are making your national heroes more "I'm doing it for the good of my country" by not rewarding them personally. If you did reward their deaths in the way you did for celebrities, then they would all be soldiers.

Let's be realistic here. There has been 3,132 US deaths not including other countries and wounded. How could the news ever cover all those. And once again let's be realistic. Me and a lot of other people are tired of hearing "Another 10 soldiers died in a helicopter crash today." I mean we can only take so much before it gets boring. Too bad they are dying but i sure as hell would rather listen to how some movie/tv star that i have seen on TV a lot died then some Jim Smith I have never met in my life and it's the same exact story everyday. Too bad they died. It's sad, but the news has to make money also. No one would watch the news if the covered every person who died i mean 3000+?!

Well the news stations where I am located have reported both on the death of a movie star and the army. I think ya the army should be recognized for what they have done to fight for our countries, but people don't actually recognize those people unless they knew them personally or someone they knew that knew them personally. People care more about an entertainer that they have watched and were entertained by. They influence them more. The news stations are going to do anything they can to get more viewers, you have to understand that they care about the money. They mention it here after the fact because now they have the viewer's attention. People aren't going to watch the news if they don't want to hear more about the death of more troops. I am not saying it is right, it's just the way it is.