xisto Community
Norrad

Dealing With Stress What do you do?

I find that everyday throuws up something new in terms of stress here in Thailand, the language barrier, the culture, the work etc. I've often felt as though I was near breaking point.So my question is, what do you guys do to deal with stress? I enjoy playing sport, it helps me vent my frustrations.

Sports are a good idea, exercising reduces stress-reducing endorphines into the body,I'd also reccommend really trying to relax in the evening... Listen to calm music or something. Stress is a normal part of life, but when it's so extreme that you begin to get frustrated by it, that's pretty bad. Do you have any people you can talk to about your problems? That helps me a lot as well.

For me I have found that listening to music, (relaxing music, not metal or techno stuff) in a dark room works well. The dark room allows you to really listen and immerse yourself into the music. Of course, the choice of music is critical. It must be something that you find relaxing, this will no doubt be different for everyone. For some people it will be a 'Whale Song' track, for others it might be a Country ballad. Whatever it is, the dark room will help you focus on the music and take away other distractions.While stress is an everyday part of life, sometimes we stress over things we shouldn't. Next time you are stressed about something, ask yourself if you had any control over what has happened. For example, a storm destroys your home. There is nothing you can do to prevent it so there is no point stressing over it. Just pick up the pieces, so to speak, and move on with your life. Do whatever it takes to fix the problem and move on.

I like to get away from everybody else and write in my journal. That usually helps a lot.Soothing music works too. Folk music is good for relaxing. Enya's nice too. (I can't stand her unless I'm de-stressing, though.)Finding something or someone that makes me laugh also works. Fortunately, all four of my sibs are pretty funny people, so I go hang out with them if I need to blow off some stress.

Ya I have a hard time sometimes when I'm stressed out. I'll have homework on a beautiful day and instead of being able to go out and enjoy it, I'm stuck inside working. I notice that listening to music while I work or whatever I'm doing helps keep my mind free of stress. Or if I get too worked up I go outside and run as fast as I can for a few seconds, then I'm tired and sort of calm down. I might also just go chuck a pillow or something down, nothing that'll hurt anything. There are probably plenty more ways to release stress. It also sort of depends on the type of person you are and what works best for you.

stress is not something that ctually comes from outer situation( as most of us presume) stress comes because u make yourself stressed.thats what we call as stress tolerance level.it is like if you made a mess and found yourself in trouble ,you may feel what a bad experience it is and feel stress becvause you have to solve that problem.but the other approach to this is ,its ok i have learnt something from this act and i am sure that i am not the only one to make such mistakes and there is no mistake in the world that can't be rectified someway or other,thinking positive is the best shield to stress , a big stress buster you can even make yourself happy by giving yourself a day break,good food and also if you love your work, than it will be like a challenge to u and no problem will seem to be a wall,but look like a hurdle that has to be crossed through determination and persistant hard work:P

STRESS !!!!! yeah its a good one, a long time ago i found it and it took a long time to work out how to get rid of it :P now days i've got a more ballanced approach to the entire subject.these days i take the time that it takes me to drive home to listen to my music and clear my head.i also use aromatherapy at work with different blends of essential oils depending on the type of day and levels of stress i'm feeling.i've also been known to enjoy a long hot bath and soak away my stresses. and if all else fails vent, do it via the punching bag or a good hard run and work out....works for me and these days i'm fairly stress free........ :D

I don't have any stress management techniques, so I just get angry and frustrated until I cry.

Going to the gym is definitely a way to get rid of stress. I remember when I used to go to the gym I was a lot less stressful and relaxed. Playing or composing music is also a way to get rid of stress for me, and sometimes a video game though whenever I loose it actually gets worse.

when you stress... try to meditate your body and your mind. how? simple! you can relax in many places anywhere you can be relax. then try to focus on one simple thing, and try to expand it! breathe regularly.... and you'll be lost your stress (i hope so ^^)

what is stress anyway ? ehhehehe.. do meditation, hear some relaxing moment music.. hmm.. or meeting someone new, go somewhere I haven't go yet.. well.. but.. what is stress anyway ? :P

HANDLING STRESS?---just follow this stepby stepSimply SmileTalk to your self & with someone whom your comfortable with.Rest and relax,plan for rejoice in near future.Express your thoughts clearly,wherever whenever needed.Systematically work and live everyday.Sports and saturday night party.This must help most of you beat stress, just follow the six-step solution,anytime ...anywhere.I would recommend Falun Dafa, just do a google search and try reading the books on it.(falundafa.org)

As for stress, u just need to learn to deal with it and not let it affect you. There always will be stress but if its a due date, paying bills, etc. you just have to be confident that you can do it and the stress decreases. Other ways i deal with it is exercising, hanging out with friends, taking care of what is causing the stress before it is due so i dont have to worry about it.

I think the best way to get through stress depends on what you like.sometimes doing something you like can be helpful because its relaxing for you to do it.my best way to relax are taking a walk,walking is soo relaxing it allow myself to thinks a lot which I like.I really love taking hot bath with relaxing music.sometimes just the fact to be at home after a long day can be relaxing.there's plenty of way to relax.

Hmm, to deal with stress, retire to a monastery or Ryu in the Himalayas. It works, ROFL. As a matter of fact I DO live in the Himalayas, just not in a monastery. It's very relaxing.

Okay, for those who aren't quite in a position to do the above :P there are several ways.

1) Exercise while listening to music.

2) Commune with nature - a walk in a park sometime in the day is good. There a scientific basis for this, actually - the sunlight and the green wavelengths that trees radiate cause production of substances in your body that make you 'feel good' and have a calming effect.

3) Get adequate sleep - there's nothing like cutting short on sleep to stress you out.

4) Meditate. I've put up a good meditation or two at the link below, they should help - feel free to add more, anyone:

Meditations to calm the Mind and improve Focus

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)