xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
haxored

Long Distance Cyber Relationship Long distance relationships and online relationship

Congratulations to everyone here!I just visited my e-BF for the first time in Europe. I met his entire family, saw the country and the culture... And managed to convince him to come back with me. :D Though we had much drama at times (I don't care to divulge on a public forum) related to distance, having close access to sex and our terrible lack of communication...Anyway, we ended up spending 31 days together instead of my scheduled 14. He is coming back to visit me this winter, and I will go to him in the summer. As I have an EU citizenship and a pretty decent/stable job (I've been teaching piano since I was 15) the money and staying places/paper work that deter other people haven't really affected us.I truly believe that love knows no boundaries. Best of luck to everyone; but be warned, long distance and e-relationships are harder to maintain than regular ones. If you love the person enough to put the effort in, you will be rewarded, TRUST me!-reply by Tegan

long distance cyber RelationshipLong Distance Cyber Relationship

Who can resist these men...I have been e-loving one for the last 4 months. I think my intense feelings are scaring him away. We met on line accidently and have never met in person.  I think he is somehow part of this British fetish I have going on. But I know one thing for sure, I'll eventually find what I need in a man.   

My reply to abigail s. Is that no love is stronger than latin love...So I have heard from extremely happy people who are in a relationship with them.  And, nobody is more accepting of differences involving their women than these wonderful British men either. You are at a precarious time in your relationship and you are experiencing self doubts.  Just wait it out and I am sure you will feel different soon.  If you don't, then you will know your decision is the right one.  Don't sacrifice your feelings like some romantic martyr; you are important too.   

A word of warning...It is hard to say no to these guys.. So don't do anything you would regret..He will still love you and respect you even more.  And he will wait.  The fact that it has lasted this long is a good sign.  You just have to decide if this is going to be enough for you for the time it takes to finish school, etc.  If both of you get your degrees, then you can at the minimum get a job is what ever foreign country you decide to move to. 

-reply by lovesukmentoo

Do you think my girlfriend is seeing someone else?Long Distance Cyber RelationshipMy girlfriend and I have been together for 10 years between the years there have been ups and downs.She has decided to study in Ghana for 6 months, prior to that she was there for a 2 weeks holiday.We use to talk over the phone twice a week for the first 2 months, she rang one day "said she can't continue with the relationship, and would like us to be friends". After that there was no communication between us for week she decide ring me this time she wanted us to start again and I agreed.A week later she decided not to continue with the relationship. Do you think she is seeing someone else?-question by agyman

long distance relationshipLong Distance Cyber Relationship

hey there people...Well , talking about cultural dif. Ive got 2 stories related to that:

April 2007: I met this guy in a chat site , I'm latinamerican , He Is from Turkey... We got into an e-romance for 5 months or so , until he decided to leave everything and come to my country and stay with me ...Even tho I didn't feel that was true love ( I ve been involved in normal face to face relationships my whole life , so it was something new for me )

Sept 2007: He sold everything to get money enough to come here and start a new life...

Unfortunately for us... Cultural difference was too much , hes muslim , I'm agnostic. I'm single mom , he was a virgin. And so on...

We broke up like 18 months ago or so and still we are best friends on earth :)

Let me tell you. Culture is way too important , if  u wanna get involved in a e.Relationship with a foreigner...Ah well , learn A LOT abt his / her culture BEFORE u met up...

1 year ago I met this other guy...Hes an american guy , and , might sound funny but , I can see that our lifestyles, plans , way of living, and many MANY other things are so similar...Even tho we are a continent far away :) . My english its just enough to talk...Spoken , its same story...We try to go on video calls everyday jst to know "how was your day" and now I'm moving there in a few months,...I love him...Really I do! and so far I can see he loves me as well.. .. Most of his family already knows about me and whats he planning ( ahem...Yeah  , wedding!! yay!!)

I know some of his friends might think I'm using him to get a "green card" , since I'm latin, hes american and that whole jugdamental oppinions abt this kind of relationship...I don't give a damn!! I'm an engineer and earn good enough money here , So I'm not willing to go to states for a "better life"...A better life form e will be with HIM...He has nothing but his loving heart...And I don't care ...And he cant move over here bcoz he doesnt speak spanish at alll :D...Ah! except when he says "Te Amo!!" (how cuuuute aww)

So, does love have any kind of borders?  I don't think so , Is it like gambling?Well you might find stupid people , nice people , liers and cheaters and honest people...But...Doesnt that happen in REAL LIFE as well?? I know  ;)

Sorry abt my english !! I do my best :)

Best luck to ya all!!

-reply by Alejandra

Cool Beans!Long Distance Cyber Relationship
I met my love on a Filipino dating site and the funny thing was it wasn't planned nor did I had the intentions of meeting up someone in the site since I've already witnessed and had a bad taste for sites  like that. It was more like cuz this Ondoy Typhoon while visiting and scoping some info on a Filipino another website which drew me to that link.

The funny thing was I met her and had a chat and the beginning was not even rosy, we actually had a spaztic start. I wanted to send her  flowers at the time but then forgot the website of the place she worked and I did not want to look like a douche for not remembering. So I kept asking her home address and she kept denying me that and for good reasong withg stalkers and other nefarious stuff out in the web.

Well the thing it was, my order of rose could not be sent since I did not have an address to send it to and she was unwaivering till the floral site had just to email me saying that they will not hold the order any further.

I was so frustrated that I lost that moment and sort of like blamed her for it so I fwd her the notifying email and just ran my mouth up and down her street. She replied and hence since my pet name "Mr Bigtime" siince I replied to her email "You screwed that up bigtime" for not giving me her home address. And she said she was "hurt" by all my vitriols. Then it hit me like whoah! So I made amends and courted her on line. Shes in the Philippines and am here in the US. And no, she not after an entry visa and yes I've thought of that too,however, I've failed to see ominous signs of the same if there was any and trust me I did my homework cuz am also from the Philippines being born there and all.

We've been on for 3 months and we've already plan to marry in the end of 2010 hopefully timing it when the economy picks up. I love all my time with her and ditto to her too.Wee make strides to communicate, via chat, txt, email, cam by any means necessary. Its great however at times, it's challenge to explain to other people especially her relatives and mine the elevation and latitude we see in each other. At this point, I don't mind them anymore.. Am going to be with her not them anyways. I am now shopping her engagement ring and we're actually doing it together via WebEx since.. It's been great, be easy and Salamat po.

-reply by Dyuweh

My storyLong Distance Cyber Relationship

This was a great story and it's given me encouragement! To know that it works out for others is wonderful! I hope you don't mind if I tell a little story I have that is very similar.I met a boy about two years ago. We met on a site called neoseeker. A video game advise site. We became friends and start fake dating quickly after we met. And then we got fake married and had fake kids. It was cute and very fun. But he kinda broke my heart six months later because he was to afraid of commitment. I didn't know that at the time and blamed myself. Because I had done something we both thought wouldn't happen. I really fell in love with him. I was heart broken for months. I was also going through a bad teenage stage in my life so that's why I was so depressed. He had started fake dating one of my best online friends just a week after he broke up with me. But to my surprise he broke up with her two months later and then two months after that asked me out again. And it was really fun. We had started voice chatting over our the ds wi-fi connection using pokemon diamond to voice chat. And we had also finally shown each other our pictures. But for some reason he broke up with me a couple of months after we got back together. I was shattered again.. I couldn't believe it. And once again after us not being together for just a few weeks he started dating my same friends again.It's been more than six months since they started dating. And since then we have started webcaming and talking on the phone. He's working on telling his parents about me. And I'm working on going down to Florida to visit him this summer. We've never met.I am not sure if I still love him.. Recently my feelings have changed from undying love to confused.. But he now claims to love me even though he's still dating our friend. He says he knows who he wants to marry.Now I know this story seems childish but we're both 16 and in 10th grade. Sky has a great plan for his future is a a straight A student going to Finland next year to study over there. Depending on when we meet this summer and how we maintain our relationship while he's over seas we might just start really dating.I feel like if things work out and we start dating he will be the boy I marry. It's still to early to say that but still I have a feeling.Thank you so much for reading my little story. A story so very important to me. I hope you enjoyed it

-reply by AirheadedAngel

That's cute, I am very happy for the both of you. I hope things work out the same way for me, I've always had a feeling that I would meet my future husband on the internet. If it works out that way or not it's good to know that some long distance relationships/cyber relationships do work out. 

Well, let me add mine too! -About 5 months ago, around November I was just killing time, chatting to random people on this other chat site when I bumped into someone, real special and it happened without me knowing lol. The site is very small but its getting popular by the day. It doesn't show anything and people just go there to chat with a random stranger. After failing to strike convo with about ten people, I was fed up and was just about to jump off when I met the girl who's my current gf.We had an amazing chat and right off the bat, we connected. I had never felt like that in my entire life!! You know finally find someone who you can truly talk to and she hollers back in the same breath, you forget all about distance. i was too overjoyed and the next day I proposed. She was shocked herself but I maintained I meant it even though at the time I didn't really and we started dating. It was wonderful, awesome for the first few months before her parents discovered she was having an e-relationship and crushed the party. Now it's like 2 years since the parents intervened but now we're dating again!! we met last year and one thing led to another...now we got two cute babies but we aint married because she has to finish school and I'm staying far from home right now.Internet is all about meeting people and how the relationships end, is your decision. I'm happy to have met this baby and hopefully, we'll spend the rest of our days together.

@Roger 122I guess if you made 2 cute babbies that means you should have either twins meaning you beea seing her physically for over 10 months or or if the kids are not twins the that wopuld mean you been physically seeing each other for over 20 months. That also means your e-relationship has turned out quite well as you probably have got to know each other so much better in this time cause most relationships would have failed by now. I'd say in your book e-dating has actually worked out well for you and I wish you all the best.I sortof had an internet dating thingy going on but it got complicated and I quit. Basically I meat this woman online and we clicked and we sortof started exchanging emails and all that. The emails and the chats had that connection and I would look forward to her mails every morning we would exchange stories etc and I thought i was getting to know her and was being open about the things i wanted in a relatioship. She would ask me what my ideas were on marriage and dating and how I judge people or all that and I was honest but then she dropped a bombshell on me she said She had the same beliefs as i did but then had omitted something before. I asked what that was and she told me she was married. The reason why she didnt tell me before is because in her view her wedding was over shortly after it started she claimed her husband changed over night and became a drunk and constantly domestically abused her he would shake the sh*t out of her because he cant hit her lest she rings the cops on him. SHe claimed that the whole marriage was like a prison and she wanted to get free of it. The story obviously escalated to her wanting to run away from him and move to me because she was now in love with me and wanted to have my babies because we felt so right together. Now this was a shock to me because I suddenly thought whooaaaaa whats happening here Im not in love and Im certainly not ready for someoens wife to run from her matrimonial home in America, fly to UK and live with me just on a notion that we clicked on emails hence we will click physically and emotionally. I dont know if i did wrong but I didnt want her to ad me to her list of he changed overnight boyfriends because we didnt really know each other outside of what we chose to write about each other. FOr christs sake I thought I knew er well in the sic months we talked I had no clue she was MRS SOMEONE so I realised she could hae ommited loads of other things too. Like maybe she was a golddigger marrying people for money or those serial brides who marry you, wipe your accounts and dissappear without even a divorce. So for me E-Dating isnt quite glamorous

I'm giving the long distance cyber relationship a real go. Nice forum topic as I was reading the posts.My relationship is only weeks old, but it seems to be going very well.I'm from the eastern US, and she is from Japan. I'm 32 & she is 38.We consider each other boyfriend & girlfriend, we have promised absolute loyalty to one another, and she has gone out of her way to stay up night after night after night, & chat with me all night long (her time). & I have these cyber chat 6-8hr conversations with her all day while I'm working, using laptop & mobile. God bless google chat & I'm sure skype will come into the relationship soon enough. I kinda feel bad, as we both are business professionals & work daylight, her a teacher & me a travel professional. But she is a grown woman, and I guess if she wants to stay up for me, I can't say no. She says she finds time to sleep....so ok. From day one she has stayed with me all day, we are talking 9am to 4-5pm EST. I never asked her for this but love that she does it. Being we are both adults & professionals, we both believe we can travel to see each other maybe once a year each way for few weeks, until we decide to take the next step to marriage....which we have discussed. You can imagine we talk about everything with 8hr chats. We have even already told each others parents about our long distance relationship. We've discussed what the future can possibly hold for us together.We have exchanged physical addresses & all forms of communication to each other. We rely on her nights to converse as talking on her mobile during teaching hours is prohibited, so even if she wanted to talk during her daytimes its nearly impossible. & when I leave the office for the day, she tells me to get my rest, sleep well & we will talk again tomorrow. I've talked more to this woman in the last couple weeks, than I have anyone else on this earth over my life so far, except my family. Even my previous real relationships we never talked this much.I never in my life thought I would love an older woman. I do prefer asian girls as a preference, but never dated one before now.I always thought with my asian professional specialization, & personal studying of the language/culture over the past two/three years. That ok maybe I will find a younger (mid-20's) asian girl & fall in love....if I can get myself over there to meet one. We both are surprised we have fallen for one another so hard, so quickly, & we both feel we can make this work.Being distance while still a minor issue, we don't see as a major hurdle.Wish us luck! :)