xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
haxored

Long Distance Cyber Relationship Long distance relationships and online relationship

I would like to share my greatest love story ever.

I met my girlfriend on the internet 6 years ago, that was 30th of August 2002. Most people in my city are indulged in this so called, IRC chats (since YM wasn't so famous back then). Me and my friends own a channel in a certain IRC server and that's where our lives are everyday, every free time.

One morning (after a whole night of partying) before going to sleep and still sober, I visited our channel to have a bit of chat. My ex-girlfriend was there, we greeted each other "mahal, kumusta na? (Love, how are you?)" (the way we greet each other when we're still lovers). We havent seen each other for so long since she and her family migrated to US few months ago. Then one chatter PM'd me asking, "If I were your girlfriend, what would you call me?" and I replied, "I'll call you Baby". We became cyber lovers on that very moment (around 5 mins of talking). Since then we communicate thru chat, txt and call. After a month, we met personally, we kissed and hugged each other like we've seen each other before. We never knew how each of us looked, but maybe we felt true love so it didn't matter anymore. We we're students that time (2nd year in college), and we are 200miles apart.

We've had alot of hardwork to make the relationship work. Alot of misunderstandings, quarrels and lapses. But we believed in each other, fought for our love and prayed for God's guidance.

Today my girlfriend is already a Computer Engineer and I am a businessman and an IT professional. We still love each other, and we're currently building our own house. We planned to marry next year, hoping to have 4 kids and I hope everything will go as we have dreamed of.

So who said long distance relationships don't work? Who said that cyber relationships falter?

It really depends upon the people involved, if you work out on love, then maybe you'll find true love no matter the distance no matter the barrier.

good for you!it's really surprising that there are long distance relationships that do end up, as the cliche goes, "happily ever after" (that is before the marriage, not after--you know, like how telenovelas usually end up :P and no, i'm not a telenovela freak :D). usually when people say "long distance relationship", it is usually "doomed long before it has even started". the physical distance disconnects the emotions attached between the lovers. thank goodness for technology which helps us to get reconnected with our loved ones that has been separated for some time. not so long ago, people have to wait for a long time before they're able to get their reply via snail mail. telephones give the "presence" factor, but at the expense of your pocket money. when email was discovered, it became a huge milestone for communication. in just a click of a button, you'll be able to send your mail and expect a reply within minutes.your story says it all: constant communication helps a relationship bloom despite the geographical separation. as most people say "to keep the love burning". personally i don't know how that feels, but this isn't about me, so whatever, right?congratulations to you and your other half.

Congratulations you seem to have beaten the odds! I too used to frequent the IRC chat rooms and saw many cyber relationships grow and the ultimately fail. :D In your case, not only was it a cyber relationship but you also had the additional hurdle of distance to overcome. I wish you and your partner well and hope you have a long and happy future together. :P

We (my "eboyfriend" and I) are right around the 1 year mark right now... not as impressive I know but the distance is quite a bit (~7500km) so we haven't yet had the opportunity to even meet. Good luck to the both of you. :P

And how old are you both? Country? and do you both have non-e boyfriends girlfriends??? Could be a very interesting sitiaution come time to meet. I say stick to your local area, and provide yourself with a real test, if they wait until they get to come see you, then you know it's only a good thing. I certainly wouldn't be saying no to someone who lives locally for someone over 5,000ks away.

And how old are you both? Country? and do you both have non-e boyfriends girlfriends??? Could be a very interesting sitiaution come time to meet. I say stick to your local area, and provide yourself with a real test, if they wait until they get to come see you, then you know it's only a good thing. I certainly wouldn't be saying no to someone who lives locally for someone over 5,000ks away.

Ah, I know it sounds absolutely nutters. :P We are both 17. I've had previous boyfriends, and a couple "opportunities" to leave and have an offline relationship since we've been together... believe it or not this isn't a case of a couple of kids who can't get any IRL. :P I'm pretty picky about who I date, not in the usual sense of "high standards" -I'm not looking for some hot rich football player- but more that there's specific set of personality traits a person has to have before I even think of them in that way. Most people don't come close, but he fits them pretty much perfectly, and he feels the same way about me (or so I'm told :D ). It's absolutely horrible that we live so far apart, but them's the breaks, and I'm not the sort to jump ship and hope for the best. If we get a chance to meet, it will be because we've worked towards that goal together, not because I've given up on things.

So while I totally understand your concern, its the sort of situation you don't really "get" until you're there yourself. Trust me, a year and a half ago I'd have said the same as you. :D

EDIT: I live in west coast Canada; he is in the UK. :D Didn't notice that part before. :P
Edited by zyzzyvette (see edit history)

Well i believe it depends on the person, most people these days party a hell of a lot at there young ages and then mature abit. If you were 13/14/15 i would question there so called 'cyber' relationship but older then 16 i think most people can make work. If you go back over topics on this subject you'll notice most in that young age range.Living in two different countries is the hardist part, mainly cause it will cause one of you great expense to see the other or in the end eventuallity who moves to whos home town to live happily ever after...

: lol : My internet boyfriend's from the UK too and I love him with all my heart and soul. It's a terrible thing that we live so far apart - approximately 6000 miles away. I hoped that our relationship will go further and someday we will meet. We've lasted for 1 and a half years on the net. We talked about every angle of life, professions.. Ambitions.. Troubles .. Families, lots of stuffs. To me, love is not all about looks or how good one is with money. It's about what's in you and be who you want to be - yourself. I really hope that our relationship will go far.-reply by CeciLeah

i've a realtion with girl from last 5 years. in this 5 years strange thing is that we have not yet meet to each other. but i'm sure one day we will meet. ritght now we both are fully trapped in studies and bulding our careers.

i've a realtion with girl from last 2 years. in this 2 years strange thing is that we have not more 3 time meet to each other. but i'm sure one day we will meet. although we are different choicei hope you support me...please... ^_^:P

post-34144-1207547310_thumb.jpg

post-34144-1207547380_thumb.jpg

Yes, it seems that many long distance internet relationships eventually fail, especially if they hadnt met each other in real life after a while. Although I do give kudos to those that still are in those type of relationships, even those that hadnt met each other in RL yet.

Long Distance Breakup

Long Distance Cyber Relationship

I am Clark from the Philippines. I am 21 years old. My girl broke up with me 3 weeks ago because she's so tired of our way of communication. We were on a long distance relationship. How can I get her back that she is standing firm on her decision never to get back with me again?

-reply by Clark

---------Admin Opinion ---------

Everything in life happens for a reason my friend. Just accept what happened and just by heart, pray for her happiness. After all you really loved her, Correct?

Talk to her and be good friends with her. Respect her decision and move on in life :-)

-Shree (Xisto.com)

well for some congratulations. but it was discouraged because kids can be a target of rapist and when you meet can be a chance of abuse. Have tried it once and the idea of talking to a girl that is really a man is too strong for me to try it longer :) no offense

should i break up with my internet boyfriend?Long Distance Cyber Relationship

He is from the UK and I'm from Mexico, we met on myspeace about 2 years ago, became really good friends, actually my best friend, I talked to him about everything that came to my mind, eventually after a year I fell in love with him, something I thought shouldnt have happened, I couldnt keep it anymore, and told him...Turned out he was in love with me too and for the first time he put his webcam and asked me out, I couldnt help myself and said yes. In august 7th we'll have been dating for 4 months, thats a little time I know. But by now we have talked about growing old together, having kids, getting married, moving to another country together...We are really into each other.. The problem is.. I love him so much, but he is so far away, and I think its not fair for him, he could meet another girl there that can kiss him and hug him, and I just can type what I feel, which isnt the same. I also thought, my english speaking isnt really good so he would have to deal with it, and I just feel I'm not good enough for him.Yes I have told him how I feel about it, but he says if we stop dating it would be a waste of time when we could be showing each other how much we love. And then he uses his webcam and mic, and I don't (I have panic using it, weird I know) and he says thats fine, but I feel like I should do something else.I was thinking maybe the best would be to break up and if when we meet he still feels something for me we can start dating again... I really love him, and if it wasnt for that I would never break up with him. But I want the best for him and I don't think thats with me, its with someone that can show him how much she loves him in person... So what should I do.. Can someone give me an advise? please I really need it.P.S. I'm 17 and he is 19, I'll turn 18 on october and he 20 on december in case you want to know-reply by abigail s.