xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
I Eat Kittens

My Poems Over The Years

none of this stuff is titled, but who cares. plus, ym english teacher told us poetry should never be worried about with capital letters etc, just to let the ideas flow. so here it is. i wont be offended if you dont read it all but at least read one and tell me what u think!those old hands never grow tirednever seem to careabout the time they're ticking awayand that face never smilesnever laughsbut it's not downno, it sure isn't downwhen tomorrow's just a memoryand next week becomes the week before lastthose old hands will go right oncaressing the hoursthe minutesthe secondsand that face won't show a hint of worryas we continue to wage warsas peace dissolvesand the world falls to piecesthose old, reliable handsand that cold, emotionless facethey tell us the timeand time tells us it doesn't carethere's a socket in the walland the serprents, they lay siegefirst to strikefirst to draw bloodplugged in, turned onnever a refrain from the neverending drainwe've all sockets in our mindsand the serpents, they lay siegeteeth sinking invenom coursing swiftlytuned in, amped upwe upload, download, input and take outalways putting strains on our overloaded brainsthere's a socket in the walland it's time to pay it mindwe've all sockets in our mindsand it's time we built a walli hear the faint pitter patterthe giggles as they scattermemories of a childhood long since pasta time when innocencemeant not having to make senselullabies gently silencing crieslaugher lasting forever afterlife was fun, not dysfunctionalfear was a monster under the bednot murder, not war, not tolls of the deadi hear toys being tossed aboutthe joy and the glee of a playful shoutmemories of a childhood long since pastwe've all grow up far too fastnow innocence is a foreign planetand we haven't wished up a starsince we were kids