xisto Community
Unregistered 012

Free Forum Hosting free forum hosting with a lot of mods

I have been looking for a free, good, reliable, and easy to install forum. I would also like to have one that does not have any advertisments if that is possible. Any kind of free forum will do. i will probably try out all of them. i have tried invisionfree, but they have ads, and i would like one that does not have ads like i said before. thanks in advance. I mean something like the invisionfree sevice. Where you dont have to download anything.
EDIT : Xisto.com provides free php mysql Cpanel hosting

thats very nice but you will stop hosting with free forum site there are many free software like yabbforum.com
and download or others you dont even those people you can be your own forum hoster and help others to achieve theirs so i dont advise you to host with any site. your site can do except if your webspace is too small

A good free forums with little ads is InvisionPlus. It uses IPB and is more advanced using HTML templates instead of wrappers. There is only a banner at the bottom and it comes with an arcade included. It also has a section for Style Sheets so you can make your own skins.

Have you heard about forumotion?

It's very easy to sign up, you simply need to provide the forum name, subdomain (what will appear in the URL), password, email address and the category of the forum. All of this takes around two minutes, after which you can choose the initial forum skin, then you are taken directly to your new forum.

Give it a try :) : create forum

If you want IPB go ipbfree.com, and if you want phpBB you can get it here you must be hosted so that you can install phpBB..And also I got some cool skin sites for IPB, forums.ifskinzone.net and they also have some cool mods for your IPB forum

I would suggest forums that you have to run through a php server and a mysql database. These forums are like simplemachines and phpbb and if you really want to get your site really professional and have so many features and have a really awesome them i would go with either IPB or vbulletin.

So for many choices i would go with simple machines first because they have a lot of moderations that people made and it isn't really that hard to get them and install them. All you do is go to the main homepage and they will have a toolbar and a navigation that says customize. There you can get moderations, installs, and themes.

The moderations as i've mentioned are really easy to install, so are the themes and for the forums itself. You might want to get a fantistico support which i think a lot of hosts have like Xisto. So once you install all you have to do is make a database and show the information as your password and the name of your database. Then make a admin account and password. Then you go to your admin control panel and click packages. Go to download package. Their install the moderation that you want for your site and it would say something like list files or apply mods or something. Then after it would say install now. After you install it all you have to do is go back to your home page and that's that.

As for the themes all you have to do is go to the theme layouts part of your control panel and install the themes. Once you install it you have to go once back to theme layouts and click default everyone to the theme your installed and reset everyone to the theme that you put. Once their everyone tha tis viewing your forums would get back the home screen and see the awesome new theme. They got some vbulletin screens that look pretty cool.

The mods can do anything. They can make your simple machines forum meta tags look like the vbulletin. You can create a pm system, and you know when you click the forums you have to click the right name, like the actual name, well they have something called hover over and get into that where you just have to click the box of the forum and you get into it right away.

Thanks for listening and good luck finding a good forums and/or hosting. Once again for the hosting of simple machines you need to have a host to provide you with the php and mysql.

Mods can be found here > http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/

And the entire website can be found here > http://www.simplemachines.org/

- Prophet.K

Try Joomla and Install Fireboard Forum
Then try also this Free hosting that supports joomla
This webhost can offer you a free web hosting package packed with advanced features for hosting & building professional dynamic websites. We provide secure free web space with all the web hosting tools you could possibly ever need.

Their package includes:
- 1500 MB of Disk Space, 100 GB Bandwidth
- Host your own domain (http://www.yourdomain.com/)
- cPanel Powered Hosting (you will love it)
- Over 500 website templates ready to download
- Easy to use website builder
- Free POP3 Email Box with Webmail access
- FTP and Web based File Manager
- PHP, MySQL, Perl, CGI, Ruby.
- And many more..

Click here to visit: https://www.000webhost.com/