xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
krtbs

Who Is The Best Writer Did You Ever Read And His Or Her Book

i read lots of books but i cant forget MARIO PUZO THE GODFATHER. this is very serious book that read.the second book is DAN BROWN's DAVINCI CODE. the third one is JACK LONDON WHITE TOOTH....

I liked "The Godfather" too. The movie's not quite as good as the novel, but that's usually the case anyway :PMy favorite books, though, would have to be:Most of Stephen King's novels. My very favorites are "Dolores Claiborne" and "The Stand," but I'm also partial to most of his others. He's a gifted writer who keeps things simple, which I like because I get to use more of my imagination. (Whereas some writers give you EVERY little detail, right down to each character's eye color, which is just boring to me.)J.D. Salinger's "The Catcher in the Rye." I first read this when I was 14 or 15. A lot of people who first read this book later in their lives don't get it, though. It's definitely a teenage angst type of thing, so I can see why you would have to be a teenager to really get into it :DThe Bible. But that sort of goes without saying for me. :D

i would never read the Davinci Code...it's too sensationalized. It's not a good book, half the people reading it, are only reading it because the other half of the people are reading it. Same thing with the movie...

I have read hundreds of books (in Spanish, only a few in english), most of them by european authors. For me the best book ever written is "The Karamazovi brothers" by Dostoievski. You should really read it if you have not. For me it was trully a discovery. It changed my life.

Well, I have 2 best writers though different genres. Classics? The best writer would be Leo Tolstoy. I've read War and Peace. If you haven't read it yet. It's about Napoleon's conquest to conquer the whole of Russia. And the story is about the Russian people from nobles down to the commoner. Different lives affected by the war. The scope is so big, and it's really a BIG read. (LoL). You'll see the power of Tolstoy on how he tied the plot in the end. I really love this book and the author. Fantasy? Well, aside from Tolkien, there is Jordan (Gob bless both souls). Currently reading Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan. It's a 12-book series and is currently at its 11th release. The 12th book will be released someday, hopefully not later than 2009. (There will be delays, for sure, as Jordan just passed away last Sept 16.) The book's main plot, however, was alreadty finished. Wheel of Time is about a prophecy of a so-called Dragon that will fight the Dark Lord on the Last Battle. Rand al Thor is the destined Dragon Reborn and this is the story of his world in preparation to the coming of the Dark One. Jordan has a talent for creating real characters (with strong points and weaknesses), a plot twist you'll never expect and the power of telling the story that makes the events logical and entertaining. Other Authors I like are: Sci Fi : Ray BradburyWar: Sebastian FaulksFantasy: David Eddings, Tolkien, King, Action: Eric Lustbader, Clancy

I am a more simplistic readere I imagine ... I enjoy Dee Henderson, Tracy Blackstock, Jan Koran just to mention a few ... I like to fiction instead of non-fiction ... I want something that does not require me to think but to just let go and that is what these do ... I also enjoy Shakespeare and Louisa May Alcott ...

My best writer, is

David Zendel

With the masterpiece "Neverness"

Its the only book That i haven't been able to put down for hours

In attempts to create plausible future societies, many authors resort to cliché or give in to the temptation to caricature present-day social structures. Zindell just dumped the whole lot in the bin and set about building a cohesive whole where vocations like akashics, harijan, scryers, tinkers, cetics, wormrunners and warrior-poets have replaced the familiar professions of today. Yet we are soon so involved that the initial unfamiliarity is lost and we are swept along with the story.
The majority of the technology involved in the books (yes, I've now been through them all) is treated well, with emphasis being placed on the craftsmanship or elegance of a device, rather than the "gosh-wow-look-what-this-does" approach -- just as we treat hi-fis, cars, microwaves and so on today. Zindell uses this to illustrate how far apart the professions have grown, with no knowledge passing between them. His only in-depth treatment of the use of a technology is in describing how a pilot of a lightship traverses the galaxy from star to star, with all its strange geometry and mathematics. Without this, a lot of the impact of the craft of a pilot, and therefore its dangers, would be lost. For anyone put off SF by interminable chapters describing anti-gravity/wormholes/time machines/alien biology, this book is an ideal way to get into the field.

In a galaxy that includes insane computer "gods" the size of star systems, bizarre religious sects that worship death and poetry, men who have so altered their DNA across centuries as to be unrecognisable to ordinary humans, and a strange wavefront of exploding stars called "the Vild" which threatens to destroy the majority of humanity, we focus on the life of a young graduate pilot, Mallory Ringess, on the planet of Icefall, in the city of Neverness.

The overall story is huge and deeply complex, and leads, ultimately, to a quest for the meaning of life. Corny it may be as subject matter, but Zindell's almost spiritual handling of the revelations, as Mallory and his friends journey toward a deeper understanding of the universe and themselves, is something to behold. The canvas upon which the action takes place is masterfully drawn; there are hints of greater powers in the galaxy, intriguing glimpses into the lives of alien races, the descriptions of the city of Neverness itself are superb and the characterisations are rich and varied.

Neverness is told in the first person from the perspective of Mallory himself. He's a young, impetuous, and sometimes absolutely infuriating man, yet Zindell has the reader empathising with him as he goes through a succession of physical and mental trials. In fact, even when the idiot has dug himself into such a big hole that he frankly deserves what's coming, you still feel a rueful kinship with him. Brutally honest, brave, egotistical and often plain stupid, Mallory's flaws are held up for all to see, and in him Zindell has created a believable protagonist.

Neverness is a very human story, set in a future where mankind has changed, yet some truths still seem the same. In battling with these forces Zindell, through Mallory, holds out hope for something more than a hand-to-mouth existence for humanity, without succumbing to over-the-top optimism. A fine, and very absorbing, read.

Notice from rvalkass:

Anything you copy must be in QUOTE tags.

I don't think I can limit myself to one author, 'coz during different periods of my life, I have been in love with different authors -Some of the authors are -1. L.M. Montgomery2. Erich Segal3. Anne Bishop4. Nora Roberts5. E. Nesbit

I also love L.M. Montgomery's books...the Anne and Emily series were both so good; I just wish there were more than three books in the latter. I liked Puzo's The Godfather as well, much better than the movies, even though those were very, very good.My favorite authors though are the three Bronte sisters, Charlotte, Emily, and Anne. Charlotte's Jane Eyre and Anne's The Tenant of Wildfell Hall are my two favorites out of their books. I just ordered a book of Charlotte's Tales of Angria which she wrote when she was younger, and I can't wait to start it. It's been so long since I read a Bronte book for the first time.

My favorite writer is Dan Brown and here is the two of my favorite books i have read... First is the "Digital Fortress". This book is great! and very interesting to read especially if you are into cypher, computers, and hacking. Second would be "Deception Point", it is also very interesting and full of thrill and mystery, you cant stop reading 'till the end, once you start reading this book. Thats the two of my favorite books. I haven't yet read the "Da vinci Code", still looking some friends to let me borrow that book...hehee :)

I think the best writer I've ever read is Neal Stephenson. His most recent book "Anathem" is just brilliant stuff. Stephenson tells an entertaining story, while at the same time probing serious existential issues. What was really fascinating to me is that "Anathem" starts out in a setting with a medieval feel to it and ends on a starship that's travelled universes. I found the book compelling both in the story-line, the craft displayed in the writing, and in the philosophical underpinnings.If you want to check out Neal Stephenson, I'd recommend you start with his most popular book "Snow Crash". It's lighter reading than his other books but it will still make you think and it's a lot of fun. "Cryptonomicon" is also excellent, about on a par with "Anathem". His System of the World trilogy is not quite as accessable for casual reading.While Stephenson might be the best author I've ever read, he's not my favorite though. My favorite is Michael Connelly. For my money, his Harry Bosch novels are the best detective stories out there and his stand-alones are just as good. Can't wait to get my hands on his latest. I'm number 2 on the library hold list right now. :lol: