xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alamzaib

Make Own Email Box? Do you have any idea....??

I to want to learn how people due this I am with you on this does it Cost money or something?

Well i have no experience of email systems but ive used a server application on my local machine for PHP and it came with a mail server so what im assuming is you'd need a normal web server with PHP/asp/cgi support and with email support not sure of which protocols but id guess SMTP and POP and im sure there's another but i cant recall it. Then youd need some sort of cgi/asp/php script to connect to the POP side of the email server, i think, and log in with the user's details and then display their mail using HTML formatting and such. And to send you'd need a form in HTML connected via php/asp/cgi to the email server which will send the mail via SMTP, i think.I know its vague but hopefully its a start.If you just wanted to have an email address like "ma@mywebsite.com" many hosts offer it such as Xisto.com and t17.net and Xisto - Web Hosting and many others and all it does is when an email is sent t the "me@mywebsite.com" address it just gets forwarded to your regular address for you to read and reply.

Email service such as you describe are often included with your Hosting Service. Each service might offer a certain number of email account to you based on the package you have signed up to. Here at the trap, This service is included with each account once you get Hosted. If I remember correctly, you will receive 99 email accounts on the default account. I might be wrong, though.

Well you don't have to pay, neither do you have to do something very tedious, Google is here to help you again, you can have 2 GB mail accounts privately-labeled as in username@yourdomain.com.

https://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/business/

Hope this helped! :P

Email service such as you describe are often included with your Hosting Service. Each service might offer a certain number of email account to you based on the package you have signed up to. Here at the trap, This service is included with each account once you get Hosted. If I remember correctly, you will receive 99 email accounts on the default account. I might be wrong, though.

To advance on this, if you choose to use Xisto for your hosting, you can read this documentation on cPanel, the web control panel system Xisto uses:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It provides you with information on how to set-up and modify email addresses on your account.

You will need top buy the domain yourself though. However, you may be able to find a service that offers free domain names in return for posts.

I was asking the same question to myself 3 years ago. There's a better free way to have email@yourdomain.com but you have to consider some points.Do you want the public to be able to sign-up on your mail service? e.g. Yahoo, Google?Does your domain registrant allowed you to change your MX Records? This thing is very important since the MX decides where to forward the emails of each users to their respective inboxes on a certain mail server.If so, http://www.everyone.net/ is the answer to all this. Its a free service with a bit of ad on each inbox (yahoo does have ads). You can let users sign-up for free and get their own email@yourdomain.com! They also have a decent control panel to control your users and other settings. They have built-in spamguard and antivirus so you don't have to worry about it.So contact your domain registrant if you can change MX records.Signup to everyone.net and get instructions on how to setup your MX records.Login to your domain control panel and enter the MX setup everyone.net intructed you to do.

Edited by haxored (see edit history)

Guys what is MX in your email setup once u get a domain? eg: in godaddy once u get a domain u get an email box mine keeps saying Penging - MX setup when i click help it says MX 0 smtp.server.... and MX 100 ....... ???? i really dont understand,hehe i guess u guys wouldn't either unless u have a godaddy account. :unsure:

Hello buddy I want to know how we can make our own email box.I mean ..supose I have a website (https://www.website.com/) then how I shall make my own email box for example (myname@website.com) ?

I want any link of website who offer this thing. :)

thanks in advance.:)

Hello guys, I want to tell you a little bit about what are you looking for is the problem for now, how ever do not worry, I will try hard to help you son. You said that you have a "website" and you need to make an email for you, and you do not know. ok. The first thing you do is make sure that your web host has a SMTP server (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) which allows you to have an email. Me too, I am looking for a web host that has simple mail transfer protocol sever, I was searching and I found this, I mean Xisto, but I think it is a real trap, beacause I could not have what I want.

Well you don't have to pay, neither do you have to do something very tedious, Google is here to help you again, you can have 2 GB mail accounts privately-labeled as in username@yourdomain.com.
https://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/business/

Hope this helped! :D

Once Again, google on the rescue... dang... i woul love to have a bussines like google hahaha $$$$ i just need some ideas!! lol

I was able to do this by buying a domain and then I configured it with the hosting here at Xisto. You can also assign how much space you are going to need on each account. Though I really dont use them yet, I use hotmail, gmail and yahoo, I have enough accounts with those already.

google is probably the best. ALthough AIM has the same service, but you need to give in your cell phone number. They then send an activation code to your cell phone (they text message it). I'm not sure who gets charged, I haven't done it.