xisto Community
alamzaib

How Starting With C And C++ how I shall start C language.

Hello alamzaib, you can start to learn C++, by downloading a Unix OS, I recommend getting Linux, or Solero, they are free. And I also recommend to put it on a Flash disk, so you can use Unix wherever you go. If you have windows then programming is just like stealing with no Hands!You can google and I am sure that you will find some good tutorials about learning C++. But first you need Unix.

Lol, you don't need any operating system to LEARN how to program in C/C++. Now practically, Unix would be the best case to use it in repetitively.

If you want to START with C and C++, I recommend you go to a library and get a beginning book on the subject. If that's not an option, you can either then buy a book or look up tutorials on the web.

If you look back in this forum on the subject, I'm sure there'll be many suggestions for the above.

Lol, you don't need any operating system to LEARN how to program in C/C++. Now practically, Unix would be the best case to use it in repetitively.

If you want to START with C and C++, I recommend you go to a library and get a beginning book on the subject. If that's not an option, you can either then buy a book or look up tutorials on the web.

If you look back in this forum on the subject, I'm sure there'll be many suggestions for the above.

okay :P ,have you any links for free tutorial

have you any links for free tutorial

Yeah, I used this one all the time. I also use this one from time to time. The last one is really useful for looking things up such as algorithms and certain things that tend to be forgotten easily. *cough* C++ STL *cough*

OK I am a software developer so i use C, C++ all the time. The first thing you will want to download is the Visual Studio Express. It is free from Microsoft and allows you to program in the Visual Studio IDE with the basic features which is all you will need. Then the best bet is to get a book and not use online tutorials. The reason is that books have exercises and will act as a great reference later on. I have most of my books from college still and use all of them time after time. Then read a chapter and practice it by wrtiing the exampls and trying to add stuff to them to make sure you understand the material because if you dont get the basics, you will never get the advanced topics. Good luck and if you need help, just let me know.O and to kinda explain what osknockout said about the STL, the STL is the Standard Template Library. It has a lot of useful algorithms but i would recommend not using it while you are learning. If you dont understand how they work and how they are written, then you are just setting yourself up for disaster.

Edited by fffanatics (see edit history)

For C or C++ I use devcpp, it is the same enviroment for the unix based systems and windows. Also for tutorials you can find many on the internet however I would suggest reading online documentation of methods and examples which come along as you will learn the most from them if you are not beginner. But I would suggest that you find yourself good book if you are complete starter and then slowly absorb the material in it. Because books tend to do matter systematically so you want face any problems with reading something you don't understand.