xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-+-+-

What's Your Favourite Ftp Client?

hhh....... they are severalMy favourite are FileZilla because it is free & FTP Expert because it very very powerfulWith you now !! ;) ;) ;)

I use FileZilla and Net2FTP as they are both free and open source. Net2FTP gives me an FTP client anywhere there is an Internet connection, and it isn't any slower than a client installed to your hard drive. It also has all the features that any of the others have, and I think the file editing is a lot better - syntax highlighting and auto saving.

I must say that SmartFTP is exceptionally powerful and for that it's easy to use. The unique split-pane design in the latest version makes life a whole lot easier. SmartFTP supports many common file-management features, including CHMODing on *nix servers.
https://www.smartftp.com/

I've used a couple of FTP programs, but my favorite by far is SmartFTP. Its easy to use, I like its user interface, and its fast. I really like the File Manager however, whenever I'm working on my page at school it works really well. And the teachers don't notice a thing. Its nice ;).

I would say CuteFTP pro. I have tried Filezilla and i dint get eye candy in it. CuteFTP is not free but looks nice and very easy to use. Nice working and great online script editing. This is also because i never tried anything else but CuteFTP and filezilla i just like CuteFTP because im used to using it.

Filezilla is my favourite..When it comes to uploading buch of files it's the best choice..When uploadin single file i just use my Total Commander, zapadnocheska univerzita v plzny.. lol

I use Fetch. Its small, does the job and it looks nice. It's also free if your a student. Thats a plus!

Right now I am using FireFTP, a plugin add on in Firefox. It is very light and simple to use, but the drawback is that if it is opened, and there is a problem with the connection, it practically hangs your firefox in a sense that you can't click on a new tab. Right now, I am looking for a good alternative which would allow me to bookmarks server directories, so I do not need to keep clicking 4-5 times just to get to a directory I need. FileZilla, CuteFTP and FlashFXP, I have tried all that but they don't work for me, they have minor glitches which makes it difficult for me to adapt to. Hoping to have more suggestions flood in here soon.

I personally really like the one that's right in Dreamweaver. It's easy for me to work with, and it's so convenient that I can just click one command and the files go where they need to, while I'm working on the pages. It's a real time saver.I've had other ones, that I've used and were okay, but all and all, I still like the one that comes built into Dreamweaver.

my favorite ftp client is smart ftp i was using flash fxp but then i started to use smart ftp the interface is so sleek and it is really easy to use and i can chmod files using it instead of going in to my file manger to do that and you can also open the file urls using smart ftp. The dreamweaver one is good to that is what i also used to use before.