xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shadowx

Yay Snow In The Uk!

Hey everyone, if you live in the UK you'll be well aware of the snow the southern areas are getting and id like to say something abut the snow...YAY! ;)

I live near London and so far we've got about an inch and the snow is set to fall untill abut 11am so there should be plenty for snowballing!

There are 3 or four airports closed, if only temporary until the runways are cleared, i believe Heathrow, Gatwick and louton are affected so check if you plan on flying! The trains are also in trouble, i would imagine the underground sections in London are ok but probably delayed and there are some lines closed or with severe delays so check that too! My college is closed for the day and there are a few schools shut too. I live on a semi-main road and the traffic isnt too bad though it isn't a major road, more of a residential-main road if that makes sense! Also there's a weather warning because of the snow so dont travel unless you need to!

Either way in the chaos everything looks sooooooo nice!

If you want more info on the weather check out the BBC weather center

i do find it sort of silly though that a little bit of snow and the country grinds to a halt, but im not complaining! but for anyone who is complaining the snow should be erased by the rain this afternoon but of course thats not so good because tonight its likely to freeze so watch out if you are travelling!

Happy days for mankind! Feel free to reply with pics youve taken! i think ill put some of mine up, they're not very interesting though, only house roofs!

post-21719-1170920466_thumb.jpg

We don't get enough do we? ;) This is what the second bit in 20 days - time to take some more pictures! For most people it's a small price to pay for some snow, just drive a bit slower on the roads.

Moved to Regional Affairs > UK

45 miles outside of London: 6 inches of snow ;) And it's still falling now. It looked so beautiful this morning, everything covered in pristine white snow, that was until my brother and sister sprinted outside and churned it all up. I live out in the middle of nowhere and we have had about a dozen cars go by since 6 this morning, all doing about 5mph. At least its stopped the speeders!I've got a couple of pics from about 10 past 6 this morning, and I'll try and add a few of what it's like now.post-7593-1170926246_thumb.jpg post-7593-1170926644_thumb.jpg post-7593-1170927606_thumb.jpg post-7593-1170927701_thumb.jpg post-7593-1170928206_thumb.jpg post-7593-1170928270_thumb.jpg(The second one was taken upside down off the curtain pole in my living room. I needed something stable for long exposure, yet near my window, and quite high up...)Its put me back in a Christmassy mood ;) At least it gives me some time to sit down with some hot chocolate and watch a few films and DVDs.

It is snowing a bit down here too. I attached the picture below, this is out of my bedroom window.post-37245-1170930141_thumb.jpg

Damn, you guys might be enjoying so much, we don't have snow here, we won't ever too, though I am planning to go to the northern area of my country where there is snow all year long! It's kinda strange, we have snow up there north, we have the highest rainfall ever recorded in the middle area and then in the south the temperature can make your skin burn. ;)Anyways, nice pics by the way! Enjoy! ;)

oo you guys had more snow than me ;) its starting to melt now, just got in from a few hours in the snow, great fun but my fingers burn! and my feet got soaked! and its ging to rain soon methinks so say godbye to the snow! we might not even get any next year, its been getting less over the last couple years.just hate the evil little kids who have to thrw snowballs at cars, grr... @sylenzednuke damn thats a kinda weird country, what country is it? as much as everyone moans abut english weather i like it because its sort of like your country except in one area you get all of them, hot cold and mostly wet! and of course snow!!For some reason the snow makes me want to go camping in a tent...odd!

Well I can officially say that all the snow round where I live in Yorkshire, England has basically melted. There isn't much snow left. Well I am off school sick anyway, but I was hoping to watch a few snow ball fights earlier, but seems people cannot anymore.My friend in Befordshire is off school due to the snow, as he says it is 8inch tall down there.There is still snow falling though, but as soon as it hits the ground it melts.The snow was fun whilst it lasted. ;)

The snow only stopped falling here (Herts/Bucks border) about half an hour ago, and what we have is remaining pretty much where it is. The local roads are also blocked with overturned lorries and vans, and a few trees down. I have a feeling that school shall reopen tomorrow, but then after that we have a one weke half term ;)

YAYY, I love the snow too!I mean OH MY GOSH it never snows in England so I was just making the most of it

Yeh the snow is pretty much gone now, there was a little rain earlier so it melted a lot of it leaving only a small covering, oh well, until next year i suppose! the weird thing is my mum was more excited then me, that was untill i went out in it! i was like a little kid! ;) but at least i wasn't the only one! the roads will be bad though with all the left over snow and melt-water, and my friend is hoping to fly tomorrow morning, that could be interesting travel to the airport and hoping the runways aren't icy.

No offense, but you snow means nothing to me ;) . Out here in Colorado (where is snows quite a bit, not a whole lot), I have seen snow on the ground since December 20!! We have had like 6 feet total from all of the snows. It's one of the largest Colorado has ever had. Anyways, it's nice to see that other people are getting some snow. Maybe you stole some of it from us ;)