xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TypoMage

Game Or War? Training for War in a game?

;) This is pretty messed up! Lets say you could play a video game and train for war? Well you better believe it. I am pretty sure that the first war games were actually,training for people to get ready for the army. In one of the games you actually performed open heart surgery on a dieing person! It depends on how good you do it. And how fast you are performing on the surgery, and it depends if he will die or live. They have games now similar to that, but much more complex, used to train doctors, and surgens. So maybe next time you are playing Call Of Duty, you might think of it different now. ;)

Yeah, saw stuff like that on Discovery Channel, they have these simulators nowadays to train soldiers and surgeons... And damn it actually feels like you're in a war, the use of physics is damn good so it actually gives you a feel that you are in a war right now. And no it's actually vice versa, games like Call of Duty weren't based on simulators, the idea of simulators cam from games like these which make use of war techniques and physics.They have simulators to teach you to drive a tank, fly a fighter jet or a helicopter, just about everything needed for a soldier but it's only accessible to soldiers so you will get your hands on them only if you are willing to join the army or something.

Well say I was an Fighter Jet teacher/instructor, I would prefer someone to crash in a simulator, than in real life. Think of how many lives would be at risk if a trainee crashed a plane because of nerves of something like that. I don't think games like Call Of Duty, Medal of Honour etc, are intended to train you, and are really just a mock of what might happen, but in real life it is 500 times worse than what is on a game.I was watching a show on Discovery about plastic Surgeon training. I know it is a bit different to war, but it is the same principle. You just cannot really learn properly if you are reading a book or being told. You have to go and try it on a simulator or actually do it. On the show, there was a pro who had being doing it for a very long time, watching over someone do implants and if he/she did anything wrong, the doctor watching over he/she could intervene.It is much better to crash in a reality world, than in real life.Also if they are doing it on a computer, the trainer could set it to be rainy and all different things. It would give you a better show of what may happen, than in the sun all the time. They could set it to be at 1:00am and very dark under the moon, or in the afternoon. They could set it to have a thunder storm, you get the picture.

Edited by QuickSilva (see edit history)

I never said games like Call of Duty were simulators.I am saying I think that that is why those games started.Was because they got an idea after seeing the simulator.Obviously after playing that gmae your not going to sign up for the Army.