xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coolduck123456

Ipb On Computinghost [resolved]

If Xisto - Web Hosting does have these, there most likely the v1.3, which is still a very good forum script, made back in 2003 but people can use it now for free, and alot of free forum hosting sites have this option to host a IPB board. You can't get any other version for free, yet atleast. After a little more time passes they'll allow people to use 1.4 for free, then 1.5, etc! Its a very good forum script, so give it a try. But I have no clue if Xisto - Web Hosting has these, never heard of Xisto - Web Hosting. o.O

Nope, Xisto - Web Hosting does not provide free IPB Forums.

Well then you could always use IPBfree.com a great free IPB forum host. ;)
Thats what I use, atleast. Theres tons of good sites that host IPB forums.

hi admin, I should have done this before, but here it is.

In the Xisto - Web Hosting home page, an image listing the Fantastico features, has Invision Board listed in it, whereas the current Fantastico dosen't have IPB 1.3 in it. So correct the image in the home page. This is the reason for such queries.

here is my question, can I use IPB 1.3 in Xisto, if i get it from some source.

No. The IPB version 1.3 is no longer legally available, so it will not be allowed on the servers.

There is 1 acception, and only ONE to this though;If you recieved your copy of IPB 1.3 when it WAS legally available, then you may use it. But now that it is not legally available anymore, Xisto - Web Hosting stopped offering it. I'll just make it clear, if you're caught using warez/pirated IPB you will be removed from our servers.

I'm not gonna use it keeping myself safe from all dangers. But I'm currently testing IPB 2.2.0 on my computer, just to gain knowlede and understand how things work.I cannot use it anywhere because it is nulled script, so I'll keep it only in my computer. No Hosting. ;)

IPB's availability is through Fantastico Only. If they are providing Trial version setups, then it will be there. However, as of now, there are no IPB setups in Fantastico.