xisto Community
delivi

Review My Design

I'm not new to photoshop, but this is the first Animating banner i've created using Photoshop CS2.

I've created this banner for using in my website. Please provide me suggestion to improve and you opinion about this banner.

Posted Image

I am confused?Where is the banner?

The banner is pretty nice I must say, looks quite professional! Though you could just bring the text a little bit down, there's not much to say as the banner looks quite good.I would rate it 9.9/10, just move the text a little bit down. ;)

I don't suggest using animated GIFs for websites. People with dialup won't be able to view a lot of your site, because most animations are fairly big in size. I'm on broadband and it took me a while to load that.I'd suggest using flash. You can have a flash file with tons of text and images fading in and out, and they're only about 20kb in size.Much more efficient.

i've optmised the image for small size, so there would be no trouble loading it. It will load in 2 to 3 secs in dialup.I designed in Photoshop CS2 and optimised in Image Ready.I've just used the fading effect. Is there any other effect I can added using photoshop. Any good tutorial links will be most welcome.

The banner looks great, the effect is very subtle as opposed to the more in-your-face effect that appear in PowerPoint presentations for example. People seem to have a tendancy to throw those into their banners too for some reason. This is probably going to be too much work to fix, but your elipsis after The most exhaustive knowledge resource online only has 2 dots, not 3, but thats a minor grammatical error ;)

The banner looks pretty cool.. But I agree about the animated GIF's comment.. I'm on dialup, it took like 5 minutes for me to get the GIF fully loaded... Other than that, it's very nice to place it on your website..

delivi,
check your site using this link. It will make suggestions about how and where to adjust your site.
Often the graphics on a site can be 'optimized' quite alot before they degrade, so check the site using this link and make adjustments accordingly.

http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/