xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TypoMage

Help -- The Word Is Out -- Major Problem This thing is about to spread across the whole school

Some people may of heard about a earlier topic that I started but this is way bigger then that!I need some serious help! ;) My cousin Joelle me and her go to the same school and she told me she was Bi.So I know but now she told someone else on the activity bus,The person she told told someone else who told someone else and so on and so on.So now so many people are going to know and I have no idea what to do!Because five people came to me in lunch about fifteen minutes ago so now everyone knows!Help!

what's the problem that personally concerns you about the situation? by the looks of it, it's her choice to divulge her sexuality to another person. is it something that she wants to keep for a select few individuals? then she should have considered first who she tells about it. the fact that the other person she told about it ratted the secret out to other individuals is something she should confront on her own. it is her trust which has been violated on that account. have you talked about this with her, if she is okay about other people, not of her own choosing, know about her being BI? maybe the situation calls that she simply stand by her position with regards to her sexuality, and just be honest about it with others. there will be people who will take it against her, but who cares, right!? as long as she is not hurting other people, then she has the right to be happy with her sexuality the way she wants to. and if people come to you to confirm the "rumor/gossip" they heard about your cousin, just tell them to confirm it directly from the your cousin personally as she is the one concerned. that is until you have conferred with your cousin about how to deal with it. she may decide that she wants you to just keep quiet, or alternatively she may decide that it matters not if other people knew about it from you. the important thing is to just stand by your cousin, and support whatever decision she makes about it. ;)

I agree with serverph, you should first ask her about it as to in which way does she herself want to deal with it? Is it okay if somebody else knows about it? is it okay if someone confirms it with you or she wants to deal with it on her own. As I told you before in your old topic that being a Bi is nothing at all which should get you worried, as long as no one else is getting offended by her, she has the right to show her affection to whichever gender she wants to, it's completely her choice but yeah it might be a little problem in Middle School as it is everyone runs behind the other person just searching for something to bring her/his name down.But you have to make sure one thing in such a situation that you should always be besides her, I've already told you this but I am repeating because this thing is the most important of all and the reason is mentioned in my reply there. ;)

I do not Care how Joelle acts or who she likes. What I Care about is other people knowing. I am afraid that they will make fun of her for it.And then everyone will hate her. That is why I am trying to tell the people that know to keep quiet about it.The only way that someone else will figure it out is if she tells her.I am going to tell her today on the bus that people know. And I want to know if she is ok with it.Is this what I should do?

yup, TypoMage. i understand the sneering and snide remarks she may have to battle and go through once it gets VERY public. it still is manageable, it seems. i just hope the people who have known about joelle's situation that they'd listen to your pleas for them to stay quiet about it, and that they can accept her the way she is no matter what. ;) at the moment, just ask her how she wants to deal with it first, then take the next step from there. perhaps there is no need to be so anxious at this time yet.

I asked Joelle the question on the bus and......It turns out she does not even care!Wow what a relief. Because by the end of that day a lot of people know now. Which is ok but I still sort of worry about her. I hope no one will make fun of her.Or something childish like that. I mean she is still the same person, I do not know why people would treat her differently.Just because she likes guys and girls.

Some people may of heard about a earlier topic that I started but this is way bigger then that!I need some serious help! :P
My cousin Joelle me and her go to the same school and she told me she was Bi.
So I know but now she told someone else on the activity bus,
The person she told told someone else who told someone else and so on and so on.
So now so many people are going to know and I have no idea what to do!
Because five people came to me in lunch about fifteen minutes ago so now everyone knows!
Help!

There's not much you can do. If she's bi, she's bi. If she can talk about it instead of hiding it, good for her. I can't understand why this is a problem for you.

So what is the problem? If she admits that she is Bi she must be fairly comfortable with it. So what if the entire school knows? If she craps out she must not be that Bi after all. ;)

So she is a bi, but you're not. So what is the problem. Just because she is your cousin, doesn't meen you're responsible for her decisions.

what's the problem that personally concerns you about the situation? by the looks of it, it's her choice to divulge her sexuality to another person. is it something that she wants to keep for a select few individuals? then she should have considered first who she tells about it. the fact that the other person she told about it ratted the secret out to other individuals is something she should confront on her own. it is her trust which has been violated on that account. have you talked about this with her, if she is okay about other people, not of her own choosing, know about her being BI? maybe the situation calls that she simply stand by her position with regards to her sexuality, and just be honest about it with others. there will be people who will take it against her, but who cares, right!? as long as she is not hurting other people, then she has the right to be happy with her sexuality the way she wants to. and if people come to you to confirm the "rumor/gossip" they heard about your cousin, just tell them to confirm it directly from the your cousin personally as she is the one concerned. that is until you have conferred with your cousin about how to deal with it. she may decide that she wants you to just keep quiet, or alternatively she may decide that it matters not if other people knew about it from you. the important thing is to just stand by your cousin, and support whatever decision she makes about it. :P

Yeah I totally agree with serverph. You should talk to your cousin first and then see what she decides to do. moreover, if she is bisexual then she shouldn't be afraid of people knowing about it. otherwise, the way I see it, she better stay straight. because when you do something you are afraid of then that means you are admitting that what you are doing is wrong. and I guess we all agree that we shouldn't do what's wrong :D so I guess she should sort this issue with herself first, then talk to you about it and decide what to do.

I have to agree with everyone else here. What is the big deal? If she's bisexual and she's comfortable telling people about it deal with it. There isn't much you can do about it. Is there some information you withheld to us about it hurting you in some way in school? I don't think it can really harm you in any way. What are people going to do - ridicule you for a decison that you yourself had not made? Any ridicule should be illogical, unwarranted, and ignored for the two reasons metioned.

Edited by Tetraca (see edit history)

I don't see why are you upset about it. If she wants people to know she is bisexual then that's all her. Do you feel uncomfortable because you don't want to be seen with some one of another sexuality and are embarrassed. I don't think you should be, you need to stick up for your cousin, she may need you, if worse come to worse.