xisto Community
jcreuter

Which is a better search engine?Google or Yahoo

is google or yahoo a better search engine?  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

this is a question me and my dad have been battling out for ages what is better Yahoo or Google for a search engine not including e-male games or any thing like that just user friendly and results witch is a better choice to find what you're looking for fast!!!

Google is way better than yahoo for most things. It tends to be quicker and have more accurate results. Rarely does a page not on the top 10 of a search not contain what i am looking for. Plus, i love their image search. Its great when i need a picture for a presentation or to see who an actor is, etc.

Well, the answer is obvious Google is the best, sabka baap! (Two words praising Google in my native language Hindi.)I used to use Yahoo! a lot, I thought it was the best thing ever to happen to the internet but then Google started doing everything and taking over everything, Google Pages is WAY better than Geocities, Gmail is WAY better than Yahoo! Mail and yeah the Google search engine just pwns the entire internet.So even if it's not the overall question, just the search function, Google still pwns. ;)

As far as I know, yahoo is powered by google! It is stated at the top : "POWERED by GOOGLE"...Maybe thats not anymore, but as far as i remember when I was still using yahoo - it was powered by google - that was the reason I went on to google and saw that is is faster and better...Best wishes

I definitely prefer Google, it seems to give a lot better results for what I type in, so until it starts to slip, I will continue to use it.There will, one day, be something better. I don't think that day is coming anytime soon though.

its not powered by google anymore. But google is better, and if they continue to operate and expand in the manner they have, we are all the better for it. The services are great and free, and have forced others to catch up. Like with email. Remember when Hotmail used to limit storage space to 2 megabytes? I do. Then gmail started and that changed really fast. I don't think its unfair to say that google is the internet.

Google has always helped me. Weather it be project or anything else. For every answer google is there i think that is why people have opened a site naming google an religion. I aint that extreme but i love google it does the best search engine job.

I would have to say that Google is the more popular or used search engine. Personally, i use both of the probably the same. I usually use Google first though, and then if i cannot find what i was looking for i go to yahoo. I voted for google cause like i said it is probably the more popular or more used search engine. But im sure yahoo is up there too.

from Google and Yahoo, Google is best. Because it is faster than Yahoo and also it gives result more accurate and to the point. So I loves the Google as a search engine, not me but others too. finding any thing is more easy and we get the required or desired result... :P

For me, Google wins the battle of the search engines hands down! Sheer simplicity and speed are main points that I liked about it in the first place...of course, now it's more than just a search engine...and wins even more points from me.

I perfer google since it gives quality results and accurate ones,and faster also.its interface is quite nice tahn yahoo.its easy to use and customisable.now we can save google websearches in google so that we can find what we have found few days back if we have lost it.

I prefer and use Google. Although, I did a search on my website, and Yahoo comes up with the better results. When google barley picked it up, it was the first thing on Yahoo. But doesn't Yahoo use google for its search? I heard that somewhere. But google has more features than Yahoo, and I am used to google. So I always use google.

I would chose Googles. =D Because in yahoo there is too much stuff around in the homepage. I like googles since it is very simple. Yahoo seems a bit mess if you ever search. I use yahoo but sometimes. xD Googles has a bit more features than yahoo but thats not why I use it though. I'm not voting in the poll by the way.