xisto Community
Default Sicknes

Ipb Vs. Phpbb2 Vs. Smf Vs. Mybb Vs. Vb

Forum Battle  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted phpbb because of its ease of install, its price and its ability to easily mod or skin. I am actually looking forward to phpbb3 being released soon.

Hmm...I personally use SMF but I've been growing increasingly interested in phpBB, particularly version 3. People who currently use my forum tell me they prefer SMF, but that's probably because they haven't used phpBB. I like phpBB's large community, massive array of add-ons, and speed + simplicity. But I also like SMF's organisation, and the advanced features it provides. And the mods/add-ons suit my needs at the moment. I've just obtained a skin from their website that makes my forum look a lot like IPB. It's called Soft MC for those who use SMF.

Well I must admit I am a vBulletin person. I own a vBulletin license so that enables me access to there gigantic library of skins, mods and other. The installation on vBulletin is pretty simple.

For the mods, I used to think with PhpBB you had to install some sort of mod installer? Well in vBulletin there is a built in mod management interface, which makes it all simple and easy to use.

I think the administration panel on vBulletin is much simpler than any of the other Forum software out there. The last time I saw a IPB administration panel, it looked very hard to move around. The vBulletin one is such a breeze.

Also the security in vBulletin is awesome, and protects you from basically everything. There may be the odd one or two bugs which come every so often, but then the 24hr vBulletin Support Team fix it straight away.

Skinning the forum is very easy. With 30 minutes of looking at the skinning system, I had made a full skin for the forum to my own standards. You can also download skins off the forums as well.

For support, vBulletin has 24hr ticket support for free included with owned and leased version. You can also purchase phone support, but with a ticket reply in under 30 minutes on an average, I do not see the point.

Links

http://www.vbulletin.com/ (Main website)

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/portal.php (Skin, mods, etc website)

Phpbb, hands down. Free, So much flexibility, Easy to mod\skin, and so on and so on! It's very reliable, and including that it has the price of 160.00$ free. Second place has to be SMF, very reliable and good aswell.

I love phpBB for its price, features, themes, and the new exciting phpBB 3I like IPB for its professional look, but its price makes me sick. I'm sure that phpBB3 will be a great competetor for IPB and vB

I love phpBB for its price, features, themes, and the new exciting phpBB 3
I like IPB for its professional look, but its price makes me sick. I'm sure that phpBB3 will be a great competetor for IPB and vB

I love how IPB looks, but your right, the price is horrible. But you can go with the 10$ monthly paying, and you don't even have to get a host, they run it on there own, reliable servers, so it's pretty much worth the 10$ per month.

PhpBB3 is gonna "own" IPB\vB Foo!

For me, a tie between IPB and vB..IPB looks alot nicer to me.I mean, vb can do just as good, but it will take aot of mods..But on the other hand, i keep hearing how vB is more advanced, etcetcBut i dont really agree..They are both the same to me..x.x

I have used Ipb and Phpbb2. Personally, i like both of them and they both are very good forum software. But, i would have to say that phpbb2 is alot better because of a few reasons.-It is free- Easy installation (exspecially through Fantastico)- Many good templates to choose from- Many good and sweet mods that can improve your board by alotAnd i like the look of it. The only thing that i dont like about it is that you cannot have subforums unless you install a mod for it.But other than that i like it, it works good for me since i dont have the extra cash to pay for ipb and vb and boards that you have to pay for. And it also works good for me cause i am just doing websites for fun, and to learn how to use this stuff better for the future. I would have to say that phpbb2 is my favorite and my preferred board.

Having dabbed into a little bit of PHPBB and SMF, I tend to prefer SMF ... except that it's difficult to find many skins for the forums. PHPBB, on the other hand is easy to install and has a ton of skins available.

I voted phpBB2 because it's simple from installation to posting and easy to design it's templates and more than that it's FREE :P

I personally think the ipb is the best because it has so many features and things to do on it compared to phpbb. Including the built in portal and fast reply where you would have to get a mod from phpbb.com for that. Vbulliten is just too expensive and mybb is making its way up there who knows where they will be at in a year :P

vbulletin is the best board it's the fastest and best looking there's also ways of getting it for free which I can't tell anyone ho to but, if you want a forum software which won't put you down I would use vbulletin :P Phpbb isn't bad it's just you have to add so many mods to it like if you need sub-forums (which will happen when version 3.0.0 comes out) it's just a pain of a neck but, vbulletin can solve this problem so, the main scoop is that if you want something for free then get phpbb but, if you want something that is nice to use then get vbulletin but, mainly it's up to you :D