xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
reise51

What To Get For Her Birthday

Well, I am new here but I need some help from you all even though I dont know you.My girlfriend's birthday is 4 days before valentines day. I need to get her something for both occasions. We dont go to the same school, and I will be seeing her in a few days, the day before her birthday. I am going to get her something, but I dont have money to get anything expensive. Are flowers OK? she told me that shes never got flowers for her birthday, I took that as a big hint. But then Valentines day is after that. What can I get her thats non expensive but loving and caring? (Its not that I am cheap and dont wanna spend alot of money for her, its because I really dont even have it right now)Another thing. She has been calling me less and less lately, and not returning my calls much. I fear that because we dont go to the same school, she doesnt see me much but does see other guys around the halls and in classes. She most likely is getting alot of flirts around this time of year, valentines day and all, because she is so good looking. Im afraid shes starting to like someone else maybe. I wanna ask her about it. What is a good way to ask her a question like that? Or is it a question that I shouldnt ask at all? I dont want to offend her. thanks

I'm not very good with girlfriends but I'm guessing flowers are fine. Every girl seems to like flowers. For Valentines Day, why not get her some chocolates? Those are just some basic ideas, good luck!

Be straight out honest with her. (I wish i had a dollar for everytime i said that.) There is no point trying to sneak around the back and get an answer as to why she hasn't been returning calls etc, she will see this as a way of you accusing her for something. Just say straight out you feel that she hasn't been calling as often and that you feel she may be unhappy or the relationship is dieing, if she is comittied she'll be honest with you and you find the problem and also the solution to it. One happy relationship.If you want to get her flowers, get her flowers, your still at school so no one is expecting you to get her this nice flashy car or expensive camera. Flowers with a small teddy that says something cute like: "Everytime i hear your voice, my heart wants to sing the words, I love you.." etc etc. Most girls would like you more for something then something expensive. I don't want to say this, but if you break up in say 2 years, you can walk away less hurt knowing you didnt buy her this $1,000 ring or something etc. etc. otherwise it would add to your pain. Small, Simple but Effective.

Well if that is what she said then do it!But umm I guess you should just do what you want to do!Get her something nice. Also I wish you good luck!

For her birthday, go for the flowers but i would say add something to it that reminds her of you and or is something she really likes. It doesnt have to be big but maybe her favorite candy or a mix cd of each others favorite songs. Then for valentines day, take her out to dinner and get her a teddy bear that is nice and soft that she can cuddle with. Be honest with her, cause people can always tell when someone is not truthful and it only will come back to haunt you. Good luck.

A bit repetitive, but I'd say get her flowers also- if she likes them. If you know her favorite type or color, get her those, otherwise roses might be a good idea. Don't get her chocolates or candy if you think she might be dieting, because if she is she might feel like you're not supporting her, etc etc. Its not really so important what you get or what it costs, just that you put some thought into it- that its something she likes, bonus points if its something that you wouldn't have known she'd like if you were strangers (pretty much every girl likes flowers, but getting tiger lilies because you know they're her favorite shows her that you're paying attention to what she likes/dislikes and care enough to remember).If you're really concerned that there might be something going on, bring it up honestly but gently. A lot of girls won't get upset over a little bit of jealousy, as long as not obsessive/controlling/aggressive jealousy. Don't bring it up around other people, either, I had one boyfriend who did that once and I was quite annoyed. ;)

Well, as far as I know girls (To be honest not much but still... ;)) you should get her flowers if she has hinted you but don't get only flowers, get something else too otherwise everything would seem to obvious and she might start thinking that you hardly know her and bring only what she demands directly or indirectly. Get her something like maybe her favorite flower or maybe any flower but of her favorite color with a nice card maybe a card with those special sound effects. Anything which is kinda cute as majority of the girls like cute things very much! And then a cute teddy or else if not a teddy maybe her favorite pet animal like a dog or something, maybe a cat, most girls just love cats... And yeah even giving her a CD with the common romantic songs you both share as favorites would be a nice idea, just give it a little thought. If you have any talents like drawing or something, maybe song-writing, use it to add to the gift, anyway you want it but do it. That is surely going to work...About the latter part just be straight away honest with her but mind you, this doesn't mean that you can be kinda rude or obsessive in the way you tell her this, just go to her and calmly explain her what you are thinking as a possibility and ask her if this is true as if she is no longer interested in you she can say that and move on with her own life. And yeah as the person above me said, don't do it in public, it really irritates girls.Anyways, last but not the least, best of luck, I guess there are still 3 days left for her birthday so you can work on something. ;)

I'm a girl. Yay. I would love to have flowers if it was me, and a very sweet note just saying how much you care. As far as everything else, you should definately be honest. You be honest, most likely you'll get an honest answer. Just watch out for when you do it. I could hurt you and her both if it's around Valentine's.Good luck kid!