xisto Community
pollux1er

How To Boost Internet Connection

If you really wanna boost the internet connection, just check out all the running applications and the processes .This also includes the back running process.Now check which are all the running process which uses the internet connections and just see that whether that process is highly necessary else just disable that process. Be sure what is the process that you are disabling .Some thing like a messenger update you may disable. On the other hand you cannot afford to disable an antivirus update. On the other hand go reducing the image quality while browsing, use Adv killers , all these can be made using some external software .

My Laptop will not connect to dsl.How To Boost Internet Connection

I have a Toshiba 1415-s115 laptop.My dial-up isp shut down.I now want to use dsl at work with this machine.When I plug the dsl into the machine,it tries to "dial a phone line".How do I configure the laptop to use the dsl?All the other computers at work have no problems with going on line?System is a xp home,Intel 2.6 chip and available hard drive space.

-question by EricD

to boost internet Connections it usually has to do with the ethernet or the wifi your connected to. you usually connect to one and try to use the internet by only having one only .. but this free software called Connectify allows you to connect to your ethernet and wifi splits the usage of internet on each one causing no overload and a faster internet connection

Like lots of ppl mentioned above it highly depends on ur type of internet and ur ISP. For instance, in dial-up, you have to squeeze out all the available bandwidth as it wont come to you easily. Use a program like FlashGet, it is free and its awesome. Someone mentioned using DAP. I used to use it but when stopped when someone told me it had some malware or something. Not really a trusted source but then why should i risk it when I dont really have to ? If you are using broadband with a limited speed, as is the case in mine, you'll mostly get the same speed consistently and dont have to mess with accelerators. But if ur ISP wants to meddle with you , you dont have any choice but to do everything mentioned above !

I have tested many ways in past years for getting more speed while downloading a file, some of them are working and some others are not, the first thing i have to say is that you can see many softwares which said that they can increase the speed of your connection, i have to say i tested many of them and i saw no result and i don't know why everyday one of them releases and most of them are trying to get money from their users for nothing, and of course i can see many peoples buying them.Now one of the things i have seen which can really help you to get better speed while downloading a file is a download manager, if you are using a download manager and your line is something like 3mbps and you get less speed (like the previous post problem) then try to increase the connections of your download manager to its maximum, i'm using internet download manager and it is capable of getting up to 16 connection for each file, when i get a file with only one connection my speed is around 100KB but when i set it to use all of its 16 connections then my speed goes up to 500KB and this is really helpful and really amazing. this is because of crowded line, when there are many peoples using a shared internet connection (this sharing is done by your isp) then if you get more connection for your download you speed will be more, so this way is really working and this is why there are many peoples around the world using download managers.If you are having problem with speed of page surfing (for example you have to wait 1 minutes for a page to load) then probably its better to test some other DNS too, for doing this there are many softwares on the net which will test many dns for you to see which one is the best you can use them or you can just test them manually, for doing this first find some dns then set them (only one DNS) in your connection and just ping google, if you find that with one of your listed DNSes your ping is the lowest then use that for surfing the pages. sometimes with doing this you will see a huge difference and sometimes it doesn't differ, so test to see if it is working for you or not. These are the ways i have tested and found them really working but if you google the title you will find many results and you can test them too, but first of all remember that for DSL and many other type of internet connections your speed is limited server side and you can not do anything legally to change that so search for these ways only if your current speed is lower than what your isp has told you about your service, if you are having a 3mbps DSL you can not expect to download with 1MB/s because your service is limited to 3mb/s by server not by a software on your computer.

I open this subject for all of us. If somebody has some tips to boost the internet connection under windows, don't hesitate to post the tips for us to approve it. Thanks to all of you.

If you are in slow speed connection plan,try to upgrade to latest plan.To upgrade,you can contact your Internet Service Provider(ISP).

To increase internet downloading speed,you can follow these manual steps to increase the speed of the internet.

1)Install latest versions of browsers like Opera,Google Chrome,or Mozilla Firefox and use it.

2)Avoid using flash and watching online videos while downloading.It may affect the speed and your internet downloading speed may get very slow.

3)You can use Anti-Virus ,internet security protection to protect the pc from malwares and viruses.

4)Clear cache and delete cookies after using the browser.

5)Reset the modem and router daily once or whenever your internet speed will get slow.

To check the internet downloading speed and uploading speed I would suggest the site Scanmyspeed.com .