xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
twichya

Which Is Your Favorite Program To Publish Your Documents?

When I'm using Windows I really like WordPerfect 12, and also notepad for things like HTML and when I'm writing PHP. When I'm in Linux I use KWrite. I don't like OpenOffice that much.

Your question is a little vagueBy means of publishing, do you mean web publishing? html ... etcOr do you mean word publishing?In anycase, I would give you a reply for both scenarios. For web publishing, I usually go with Macromedia Dreamweaver, this is the best tool in the market and definitely the one I would go with. For word publishing, Open Office works for me. I am not too much of a supporter of Microsoft Word, Open Office is not only free but I find it to have a better interface compared to Microsoft Word.

I really like using php designer, it fits all my needs and it really doesnt take long to load or require lots of system resources. I feel free in that program. Though now it costs.

I'm using notepad, it is realy helpful program and easy to use, you only need to know HTML language.. ;)

I'm assuming you mean for code. If I have something that's lined, I use Notepad because of the "Go to line" ability. If it's something like HTML or CSS, I just edit it directly from my FTP. You don't always need a fancy program to make fancy things is what I've learned. I mean, code is code. Code can come out of Dreamweaver and your heart and still be the same except for one thing. If you do it yourself, you feel so much better about it, but then you can also take the hits for when the code screws up. You know what's going on and how to fix it. For those of you who are relying on templates and pre-made layouts for your websites, start dissecting them and teaching yourself so eventually, you can make something on your own and be that much happier for it. ;)