xisto Community
MusicOnly

First Time Hosted On T17 just wanted to show you

Well this is the first time i am hosted on T17 and i am very satisfied! Well i just wanted to show you my blog and ask you what do you think? And how much would it cost me to modify it? i just need to modify pictures because i dont like this green foot print in my banner! Be strict ;)I forgot to put link: agl.trap17.com

Edited by MusicOnly (see edit history)

It won't cost you to change anything to modify it, just check the theme files and then modify the header image and then upload it, it doesn't really cost you. And then yeah about your blog, umm-It is cool, but I guess 'til now you are only using it to advertise sites. So I can't basically say anything now... And personally like the layout, it's pretty spiffy. ;)

This is just temporary for advertising because i m still learning how to use the wordpress. still havent find the right plugins which will suite my needs! Well its pretty hard i guess one day of work to change my template because the banner is sliced. but i think i ll manage to do that! thanks for your review!

If you need any help with WordPress then you can always PM me, have been working with it for like a year now but I am not good when it comes to templates as it is I don't know PHP, but I will learn that as soon as I finish High School that is like only 45 days kinda left... On 21st March, 2007 on 13.00 hours, I'll be free from these 10 years of slavery, then I will be a free bird, free to do what I want to and free to chose what I want to do of my future! ;) I know it got a little bit off-topic a bit here. ;) Did you set up WP on your own or used Fantastico btw?

i set up WP on my own. It was easy installation and everything went without any problems. I m looking for plugins which will help me with my site. And i have one question: how can i restrict access to one page just for registered members?oh yeah, and is there anything like file repository for word press? i would like to have my download section but only with links to my storage account on box.com

Edited by MusicOnly (see edit history)

Well, I don't think that there is any plug-in which will make your blog private, but yeah WordPress pages can be useful if you want to do the latter stuff. You can always enter HTML in your pages and so you can add links there, and you can customize it with tables, a bit of CSS and graphics, it's totally upto you, though select a nice template first which will give you a better way to customize things, I say get K2, it's the best theme, you can change almost everything easily, you get a lot of workspace, they list some plug-ins which will surely light-up your blog.

Get K2 here.

You can customize, the icons, the header image, the colors of everything, the best part is that the theme is so simple and bland that once you get down to editing you can have it just the way you want, though you do need to know basics of PHP for that.

You can get a 3 column K2 alternative here.
There are many other 3 column alternatives too to chose from, you can Google out for them but this one is tested and used by me and I personally like this the best.

i set up WP on my own. It was easy installation and everything went without any problems. I m looking for plugins which will help me with my site. And i have one question: how can i restrict access to one page just for registered members?oh yeah, and is there anything like file repository for word press? i would like to have my download section but only with links to my storage account on box.com

There are several plugins that restrict pages and posts to logged in users only (try looking at the Plugins/Restriction page on the WordPress Codex).
I guess you could set up a page and make bulleted lists of download links. As far as getting anything from Box.net, I don't even know if they have an open API.

I am a big fan of lime green, and this theme is pretty nice the first time you look at it but there after it just gets plain boring. I am using Wordpress to power my blog as well. You can view it at:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Maybe it will give you some ideas. I modified the theme I am using 'Slimple' very heavily and a lot of things are suited to my needs. I just need a few more plugins before I can eventual complete the modified theme. I can help you if you need help modifying the styles.css but I am not that good when it comes to designing, so do pm me if you need any assistance.

I personally love the layout and the colorscheme. black and emerald green.. Awesome.I do, however, suggest you do MORE with the site, and not just keep it so plain. What kind of Web Portal is that? It vaguely reminds me of e107, or a version of PHPNuke.

Thanks everyone! You have proved this now and many times before that you are nice and helpful persons. I think i ll use K2 two lines and i ll try one of that plugins for restriction! thanks for help guys and if i get stuck somewhere i ll ask it here in this topic. once again thank you!

No problem. If you ever want someone to give input on how a site is looking, just message me. I'd be glad to give my input and little pointers. I'm not a professional, but I've been doing it long enough to know what's what.