xisto Community
MusicOnly

Today I Got Disappointed In People! god i hate them

I just got back from my gig! I had gig in my school where i was taking my guitar lessons. I was very surprised to see how much people have come to hear me. This wasnt my first gig so i wasnt really excited. First of all, my teacher said me to come one hour before the gig. When i got there i saw that i ll play with only two of eight people from my class! i thought maybe they will manage to be rhythm guitars since i am solo guitar. Gig started half an hour later than it was supposed to start. We were the last on the list. At the beginning of the gig room was full and you couldnt even breathe! But at the end i have played in front of 20 people. my "friends" who were supposed to be the rhythm guitar for me got scarred and started to play really fast and incorrect. I was so angry! I finished my part and ran out of the room. I said to my teacher very impolite things like f*** you and so on. I was really pissed of. Then i found out that i cant get my jacket for another 20 minutes because other people were having gig. I said to principal that he can s*** me and i got inside to get my jacket. Now i am sitting in front of my computer and writing this to my friends here on Xisto. I practiced really hard for today and my friends disappointed me. I hope i ll never see them because right now i hate them and i hate that stupid school. 6 months of hard work gone in wind because of someone who didnt wanted to practice! my father promised to buy me very expensive guitar and now i feel like i dont want it. I feel like i have failed to practice and that i dont deserve this new guitar. f***i m over with this school and i ll continue playing at home. Hope to see this school in ash! ;) ;) ;):P:D

Edited by MusicOnly (see edit history)

Ah, if you played well?so be it. Forget about how the others played, they're not you, and no one's perfect. For some people, no matter how many times you get up on stage they still get stage fright. Also, there will always be disappointing times?it's nothing new; no one's perfect. Anger doesn't last forever, you'll get over it. Afterwards, you'll probably even consider forgiving them. ;)

no i ll never forget them and i dont want to do that. There was 10 girls who were looking at me and smiling to me before gig and after our performance hey were also smiling to me but in other way. i felt so embarrassed!

Calm down, dude. If you played good, then why do you care how other people played? It wasn't 6 months wasted if you was still ok. And don't not get a new guitar because of it, you silly fool ;) ;) only kidding, but seriously, there's no need to get your panties in a twist

I understand your anger but they got nervous. If you've ever gotten nervous, you know how it might affect your performance. If you were a really good friend you would understand and forgive them. Plus, everyday you are going to get disappointed by people. You have to learn that everyone is human, including you.

I know the feeling of this, once the Music Teacher gave me a musical sheet "Flight of The BumbeleBee", yeh it's a very hard music wich demand lots of time and technique, so she told me to prepare in a 3 months, and after that I must present it in front of the whole school. I worked really hard to play it smoothely, and perfectley, it took alot of time, and effort. Everyday, 3 and a half hours paracticing on it. And then Before the presentation in 2 weeks, I was able to play it perfectly, with no mistakes. I came with proud to the music teacher to say to it that I finally finished learning this sheet, and then to find out that the concert was cancelled because the stupid school headmaster didn't have the time for a "stupid" concert like he said, and what can I do else then crying? I left school for 2 weeks just very sad, I shut the door of my room, and didn't talk to anyone during this period, but then I realised life must go on, I can't just stay that way, so I went back to school, and pretended that nothing happen.In fact I have learned one of the most complicated sheet in music history, I was so proud of myself even my mom. So she didn't want to disappoint me she called a famous pianist in my country and agreed with him that I will play some music before his concert. I was so Happy!!So musiconly, don't feel so bad, it is just a feeling it will go away one day. And another day, everyone human will be juged for what he did, so do you think that people who steal or kill or suffer other people will get away with this, don't ever think that.

Edited by Hadi (see edit history)

I know how angry you have are right now, but to be honest that anger won't do anything, I once took part in this Counter Strike: Condition Zero gaming tournament here and my clan had to battle this other clan, we both were local well-known rivals. I practiced individually for like 2 months as I didn't want to lose the game, neither did the other members of my clan wanted to lose, we all practiced together on this local gaming cafe we booked for 24 hours the whole week as it was during the summer vacations and we didn't had school. Then what happens at the main day? I am left alone sitting at the gaming cafe with just a note sent to me by my other clan members who were just too scared to battle the other clan why because they heard a rumor that they practiced together for the whole 2 months when we only practiced together for a week. I got so angry at them, didn't speak to them for like a week, didn't even accept their calls, even broke down the keyboard and mouse at my house out of frustration. But then I just realized that it was just of no use, I did got angry and what did I do? Ignored 4 of my bestest buddies for a whole damn week which I had never done before! Then I made up with them again and we did lose the tournament but we did win the next local match we had and then that made me so happy, don't worry, so what if the girls were laughing at you in that sarcastic manner? Just find some other opportunity to impress them, you did play well so they won't mind coming to another gig of yours, would they? ;) You'll lose this anger in no time to be honest and then you will realize yourself.P.S. - I didn't want to sound like your counseling granny, sorry if I did. ;)

Musiconly, things like this are a part of life, how you deal with them is a reflection of your character. If you let these things eat you up then you will be the only one suffering for it, you need to get on with life and put these sort of things down as 'life experiences'. Forget about how others performed on the day and what others think, it is how you performed and what you think of yourself that is most important. If you feel you can't rely on other people during a performance, why not do a solo performance then?Get on with your life, don't let little things like this hold you back. Trust me, you will most likely have greater disappointments to come.

Today my father brought me a guitar catalog to see which guitar will i buy. I was happy and i completely forgot about my gig and my mates. i spend almost whole afternoon just looking the guitars. I feel better now and i dont even realize that i had unsuccessful evening yesterday. I m still asking myself why did that happen. I wanted to impress my dad, girls and all the teachers there. i put a lot of work in practice but i figured one thing, that evening was very educative. Because i learned that you can relay on people who dont take stuff seriously. I ll keep looking for my new band mates who will practice as much as i do. hopefully i ll find them in this life!

Well glad to hear that you have got a bit over of that. But yeah finding new band members won't be that easy, I mean you just don't need people who can play the instrument, you people must have a little bit common music choice and similarity in the point of view, only then can you make a successful band. I haven't found a single person here with whom I can make a band or at least start one as it is here in India people are not at all interested into good music.

It's great to see that you moved on. You can't be judged by just 1 your group does. For example, if the Colts lose today but Peyton Manning threw for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns, it's not his fault. No one is going to blame him. In fact, people will appreciate what he did. This is similar to your situation. Just because your friends messed up doesn't mean it has to ruin you. Good luck finding band members. You may even want to consider talking to the members of your group that messed up. Tell them that they should be working harder (say it in a nice way). Here's another example (football again, sorry). If Peyton Manning has a horrible game and throws 4 interceptions, he won't be kicked off the team. As long as he performs well consistenly, the team will understand. You might want to give you band members another chance, but maybe not in a big gig. And also, make sure you choose a nice guitar ;)

Yeah, sometimes other people screw up, but you just gotta forgive them. If they're your "friends" then that shouldn't be hard. You definitely shouldn't have blown up at your instructors/teachers/whatever because that looks really dumb, too, but, hey, everyone makes mistakes, don't sweat it, and we're here to help.

Well you may as well just get used to disappointment right now because I guarantee this won't be the last time you experience it! Many people who join bands eventually go solo or duet because there are just too many personalities in a band and some of them won't be as dedicated as you will be and they'll just drag you down. It's just one of life's lessons: People suck! :P

I just got back from my gig! I had gig in my school where i was taking my guitar lessons. I was very surprised to see how much people have come to hear me. This wasnt my first gig so i wasnt really excited. First of all, my teacher said me to come one hour before the gig. When i got there i saw that i ll play with only two of eight people from my class! i thought maybe they will manage to be rhythm guitars since i am solo guitar. Gig started half an hour later than it was supposed to start. We were the last on the list. At the beginning of the gig room was full and you couldnt even breathe! But at the end i have played in front of 20 people. my "friends" who were supposed to be the rhythm guitar for me got scarred and started to play really fast and incorrect. I was so angry! I finished my part and ran out of the room. I said to my teacher very impolite things like f*** you and so on. I was really pissed of. Then i found out that i cant get my jacket for another 20 minutes because other people were having gig. I said to principal that he can s*** me and i got inside to get my jacket. Now i am sitting in front of my computer and writing this to my friends here on Xisto. I practiced really hard for today and my friends disappointed me. I hope i ll never see them because right now i hate them and i hate that stupid school. 6 months of hard work gone in wind because of someone who didnt wanted to practice! my father promised to buy me very expensive guitar and now i feel like i dont want it. I feel like i have failed to practice and that i dont deserve this new guitar. f***i m over with this school and i ll continue playing at home. Hope to see this school in ash! :D:P:D:P:D

Don't let the way your friends acted stop you from continuing with your dream. Search for a group of people who are as dedicated as you are and work with them.

You do deserve the expensive guitar for practicing. :P

When the going gets tough, that's when the tough get going..Okay, a cliche, but it's true. I understand exactly how you felt when your team-mates let you down - I was part of a massive game development team recently, and we had a major game almost 90% complete, and then our lead programmer walks off because a large company 'bought him off' with a big salary, perks, etc. Now this guy let a lot of people down - there are over 50 people on our team, but hating him doesn't really heal anything. He was a friend of mine, and he's still a friend. Just because someone let me down doesn't mean I can't try to understand - I happen to know that he had a lot of problems and was under intense pressure from his family.Basically, each person's point of view differs, and when you understand that you go a long way towards understanding the people around you. Just remember that what's important to you might not be as important to the other people working with you - so try to find people to put on your team that are as dedicated as you are.And make concessions for human weakness - humans aren't gods, we're still human - and humans make mistakes, they fail, they are afraid sometimes - all these things are part of being human, part of the process of GROWING.Your experience DOESN'T have to be a total loss - not if you LEARN from it. Learn to look at people with new eyes, choose people for your team who believe in the SAME dreams that you do, and are really and truly willing to put in their best towards achieving those goals, and then work with those people towards your common dream. And then, if you find such people, help them when they fall, don't turn away from them. And you'll find that what you get out of this is more than just people working with you, but perhaps some true and life-long.. friends.Hey, long post :) Take anything from it that will help, and disregard any part where I happen to be talking nonsense :) And take care!!