xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dundun2007

Google T.v, Possible Hoax?

First of all this is off topic but i really couldn't find any other place to put it. I was on youtube.com the other day just browsing and i noticed a video of a demonstration on how to get Google T.V service from an easter egg on gmail. It all seemed real, it was a pretty professional video, and it didn't look like he edited anything. I watched it a few times to try and see what he was doing and it all seemed pretty legit. Although when i read the comments that people posted there was only a couple dozen out of the hundreds that said that they actually got this to work. I don't know if these people really did get it to work or not but the process that you need to do in order to get the Google T.V seems like it would take way too long. You should check it out sometime its only like a 2 minute video or something like that. Just go to youtube.com and search for "Google TV" and check out the first result by the author infinite solutions. I would really like to know if this is a fake or not i hear that it could be a hoax and i hear that people got it to work so i don't know what to believe. Let me know what you guys find out.

Notice from serverph:
moved to Google Labs, from Blogger

It's definitely a fake. Start up Command Prompt and ping tv.google.com. You'll get the following:

CONSOLE
ping tv.google.comPing request could not find the host tv.google.com. Please check the name and try again.
A nice idea but non-existent.

Wait so did it actually work for you then after you tried logging in and out a bunch of times? I kinda figured it might be real and people just didnt want to have to sign in and out a bunch of times so they just considered it to be a scam but if you really got it to work then i will try and see if i can get it too.

i'm thinking this isn't the same as GOGGLEBOX TV.... right? there is a website for a downloadable application using that name under http://www.goggleboxtv.com/ though i'm pretty confident that that is not a product of google, so i'm guessing that's not it. ;) just for the heck of it, i downloaded it though, updated my microsoft .NET framework installation (which is required to make it work), and tested it. unfortunately, what i am just getting is a JIT-debugging error, which i haven't figured yet to resolve, so no luck here. if anybody knows how to deal with the error, PM me, please. :P

i've been reading youtube comments on "google tv" videos posted there, and there are hoax claims and dubious confirmations -- which makes it all the more confusing to determine the veracity of this google product. then there are cases of reports that google has clamped down on the beta registration, owing to a deluge of people trying to get it. there's also reports of google just making it harder to make the darn thing work. ;) which is which? has it altogether stopped, or is it just harder this time that more people know about it?

i'm still figuring out if this is for real or an early april fool's joke myself (although a confirmation from electriic ink above is good enough, i'd like to be able to satisfy my curiosity first-hand). :D any other confirmations from this forum is appreciated though, but mostly an official confirmation from google themselves will more than suffice (links, anyone?). ;)

hi guys this is really a fake, all the google future project or that are in testing are announced in the official google blog, so that you can make sure that any hoax is real or fake. There is no announce ment about Google TV in the official bog, so this is definitely a fake.