xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spyda

Google, The Traitor How Google betrayed me, in a search engine way

"Yes! I'm listed" was my initial response when searching google for: computer.trap17.com : And there it was, my link in the Google Search Engine. What was remarkable was how my site was indexed in one day when my site had no posts and a disgusting template. I was ecstatic and hoping this was a beginning of something good to come. So I started making my site better. I got a template, some members, and one month later there is my site. With 2100 posts and 5 members. I felt proud of the job I had done and thought to myself. If I can get indexed in google in one day, how great would my site be one month when we get 10 members and 4200 posts? But, before I thought too hard I quickly went to my laptop and searched The Computer Forums, which is a trademark of my site. I looked through the list and got nothing. I was astonished because I had expected something higher, but I didn't care because google took time. So then I went and searched computer.trap17.com . And guess what? There was nothing there. NOTHING!!! I was p.offed. THe only thing that was listed was my hosting approvals by Buff. So how can Google index my site in one day when there is nothing there except for an empty Joomla webpage and a phpbb forum that was disgusting with the subsilver template, and could not index a site that had 2100 posts and a nicer morpheus template? So now I think of Google as nothing at all. Except a bot who doesn't know garbage from gold. To me, they are no more a traitor then a friend, until i see my site back up ;) !

Maybe Google isn't always on your side when you want your site to be ranked up but then when it comes to other things like school projects and other things, you have to accept that nothing is better than Google. Wikipedia is there too, though.It's kinda strange though that something like this happened, I know a lot of bloggers who are my friends and those who have got their blogs to the top. Another reason maybe that "The Computer Forum" is too common for many web-pages to have that, but there was no result even with "computer.trap17.com" then I guess something is wrong with Google.

Chances are you're not indexed because you have no meta tags. And it's being redirected to the forums. What was the site previously? A website, with a template and content? Or a forums aswell?

Not only do you not have any meta tags, there is also a LOT of code and blank lines to get through before a <body> tag is found. Then there is a lot more code to get through before any content is found. I'm wondering if the Google bot is seeing this as rubbish code and therefore not indexing your site? Perhaps instead of putting the functions in the header of your page, use a script file and call the functions from that, it would make for much neater code. The Google bot is interested in meta tags and content, nothing else, a lot of tags before it finds these things could lower your index. A trick that I have found works well, is in addition to the Meta tags which you should have, I add text to the body of my page at the very top that includes every possible search word that I can think of people might use to find a site like mine. The text is the first thing the Google bot finds after the <body> tags. I do this in 1 point font that is the same color as the background, this way visitors to the page do not notice it, but the Google bot does. It seems to work for me, as my Fantasy Gallery site (http://www.mudmall.com/) regularly is listed in the top 10 when you use the search term of "Fantasy Gallery" in Google. It usually finds my site via the "Description" meta tags, but depending on the search term used, it will also find it on the body text.

i visited your site, and it redirected me directly to your forum.. did you use .htaccess for that.maybe that is the reason why google dumped you from search.. you should alway leave your index.html (or .php) as page to set for "first page to be loaded"i think that could be the problem for u...

I had a look at your site. Have you added your url to google , by yourself. Maybe, your site had been crawled by a google spider, through some page here at trap 17, and then got kinda outdated. I guess, your website should show up if you had posted your url at google. If you have not yet, you could do it at

https://www.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2Fsubmit-url&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2Fsubmit-url

Once you do this, i am sure , you would notice your site showing up in some time. .

But, if you want your site to be shown up at top ranks, when you enter some keyword related to your site, i guess, it needs lot more than some 10 thousand posts. You should start concentrating on meta tags, advertising, external linking, banner exchange, etc.,.. What they refer to as, "Search Engine Optimization"

Good Luck ,with your site !!!

Thanks for all the help guys.

Chances are you're not indexed because you have no meta tags. And it's being redirected to the forums. What was the site previously? A website, with a template and content? Or a forums aswell?

It was a joomla sort of type. But the problem is it was still a redirect. When you visted http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ it redirected you to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/home

Not only do you not have any meta tags, there is also a LOT of code and blank lines to get through before a <body> tag is found. Then there is a lot more code to get through before any content is found. I'm wondering if the Google bot is seeing this as rubbish code and therefore not indexing your site? Perhaps instead of putting the functions in the header of your page, use a script file and call the functions from that, it would make for much neater code. The Google bot is interested in meta tags and content, nothing else, a lot of tags before it finds these things could lower your index.

A trick that I have found works well, is in addition to the Meta tags which you should have, I add text to the body of my page at the very top that includes every possible search word that I can think of people might use to find a site like mine. The text is the first thing the Google bot finds after the <body> tags. I do this in 1 point font that is the same color as the background, this way visitors to the page do not notice it, but the Google bot does.

It seems to work for me, as my Fantasy Gallery site (http://www.mudmall.com/) regularly is listed in the top 10 when you use the search term of "Fantasy Gallery" in Google. It usually finds my site via the "Description" meta tags, but depending on the search term used, it will also find it on the body text.

Well I didn't know that the blank lines affected the way Google indexed my site. And I will do that trick that you said about adding text to the body of my page!

I had a look at your site. Have you added your url to google , by yourself. Maybe, your site had been crawled by a google spider, through some page here at trap 17, and then got kinda outdated. I guess, your website should show up if you had posted your url at google. If you have not yet, you could do it at

https://www.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2Fsubmit-url&followup=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fwebmasters%2Ftools%2Fsubmit-url

Once you do this, i am sure , you would notice your site showing up in some time. .

But, if you want your site to be shown up at top ranks, when you enter some keyword related to your site, i guess, it needs lot more than some 10 thousand posts. You should start concentrating on meta tags, advertising, external linking, banner exchange, etc.,.. What they refer to as, "Search Engine Optimization"

Good Luck ,with your site !!!

And I added it with the script in site management on our cpanel. But I will also manually add it as well!

Thanks for all the advice guys and if anyone has more feel free to post ot!

i had the same problem with google. the problem is as stated, you need a page with meta tags and body content. when you had your original, the template probably retained all of this in an orderly manner within your html coding. once you changed it around with your new template you probably changed/cleaned things within your code which render it undetectable by google bots. my site came within the top 5 search results when you used fairly relevant keywords which i was very pleased with. when i put a clean layout up (without tags and such) my site didn't appear at all. just make sure your source is neat and distinguishable, makes it alot easier on bots.

Your lucky, at least your site got listed, me, I tried adding my URL, but i dont wanna pay for giving them something, and if I want them to add my URL then I will just add search spiders, but I never saw my site listed any way...Google is good and bad, but still, it doesn't change the fact that I only got 13 members within the first month of trying by my self, advertising at graphics forums, the site is dead now and I am aiming for a new site, so this is where i hope Xisto can help me out :)

you where pretty darn lucky there, to get google to index you so fast, and dont worry, i think this works, what u do is, provide the link in threads in big forums, i mean hell, even my username gets indexed on google, if you type in narutorasengan17 in a google search, u will surely find me, XD, but anyways, my site got indexed when i had about 60 members, right now i can pretty much find it as the top result if i type in the following: mangalounge.com or manga loungei havnt tried typing in manga lounge forums, but im sure that will work too, anyways, good luck getting your site index, and oh ya, no offense, 5 members and like 2500 posts isnt really much to be proud of, sorry to dissapoint u, but like i said, i dont mean to offend u.

I want to quickly note on people putting INVISIBLE text of popular keywords used for their website, this is AGAINST Google's rules and they may ban your website at anytime if you are caught. Be careful.

"Yes! I'm listed" was my initial response when searching google for: computer.trap17.com : And there it was, my link in the Google Search Engine. What was remarkable was how my site was indexed in one day when my site had no posts and a disgusting template. I was ecstatic and hoping this was a beginning of something good to come. So I started making my site better. I got a template, some members, and one month later there is my site. With 2100 posts and 5 members. I felt proud of the job I had done and thought to myself. If I can get indexed in google in one day, how great would my site be one month when we get 10 members and 4200 posts? But, before I thought too hard I quickly went to my laptop and searched The Computer Forums, which is a trademark of my site. I looked through the list and got nothing. I was astonished because I had expected something higher, but I didn't care because google took time. So then I went and searched computer.trap17.com . And guess what? There was nothing there. NOTHING!!! I was p.offed. THe only thing that was listed was my hosting approvals by Buff. So how can Google index my site in one day when there is nothing there except for an empty Joomla webpage and a phpbb forum that was disgusting with the subsilver template, and could not index a site that had 2100 posts and a nicer morpheus template? So now I think of Google as nothing at all. Except a bot who doesn't know garbage from gold. To me, they are no more a traitor then a friend, until i see my site back up :D !

Besides the possibility of lacking meta tags, there's also the problem of the fact that your site had nothing and it probably didn't want to index another empty Joomla site. I don't know if this is an actual part of the code or not, but it is a certain possibility that it didn't want to index your site at all.