xisto Community
fr0z3n

Getting Free Cokes getting free cokes from coke machines

ok guys first of this is considered stealing... but everything stolen tastes better (its tru). And another thing, Buffalohelp accused me of plagiarism though I really searched for this for about a week because I really need their webhosting that badly but I dont have any bad feeling for him... Peace dude!!! ..\/, .

BTW, I dont think this tutorial is illegal, its the fault of the company why such bug are present on their machine. This TUT must be a wake up call for them. They may thank me for what I've done... lolololol

OK guys, its up to you now to follow this, sorry if there are some bad english...

this only works for the new coke product machines. The ones with the conveyer belts....you know looks kinda like a snack machine and you can see through the front.

well anyway lets get started.

1- put in teh money
2- make a selection
3- this is the important part, stick you hand into the little thing that the water comes out of and block the little door through which the bottle comes out of with your hand.
4- the conveyer belt will try to push the bottle throogh but it wont work, now it will go down and come back up and try again. after the second time it fails your money will come back out because the machine thinks there was no bottle in the first place
5- now put the money back in and buy sumtin else, and voila 2 bottles pop out instead of one ^^

notes-
-FOR THE LAST TIME THE 4-2-3-1 BUTTON CODE DOES WORK BUT ON MOST COKE MACHINES IT WILL DO NO MORE TAHN SHOW ERROR SALE AND BACK!
-you can do this a max of 3-4 times because more will clog the conveyer belt
-after you use a selection (like a1 or b3) you wont be able to use it again because the machine thinks its sold out

OK... If you guys still need the 4-2-3-1 button code, here it is:

first of all... "WHICH MACHINES WORK?" There's a very strict list of vending machines that have the debug menu. First off, they're all COCA-COLA product vending machines. This means the giant, un-missable picture on the front must show any of the following: Coke, Dasani (Water), Barq's Root Beer, Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke, Sprite, Evlan (water), Fanta, Fresca, Frutopia, Hi-C, Sprite Remix, Mad River, Mello Yello, Minute Maid, Nestea, Odwalla, Mr. Pibb/Pibb Xtra, Planet Java, Power Ade, Seagram's Ginger Ale, Simply Orange, Sparkletts, or Tab. Of course anything Diet or Caffeine free works too.
The machine must have an LED screen. Some of the older ones just allow the LED to be set to a price amount and won't have the debug menu. You're safer if the little LED is telling you something. Usually it will scroll a little message like "Ice Cold Cokes". Newer machines are more likely candidates.

ACCESSING THE MENU PART
To enter the menu, there's a button combination. HERE'S THE ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO REALLY REMEMBER:

[4]-[2]-[3]-[1]

The buttons are numbered depending on how they are positioned. They will either be vertical (more likely), or in horizontal rows of 4 buttons per row. If it is vertical, the first button is #1, the one below it is #2, and so forth. If the buttons are in horizontal rows, the first button is #1, and the one to the right of it is #2. The numbers work like a type writer after that. In rows of 4, the first button of row 2 will be button #5. So, to review, getting in to the debug menu looks like this:

COKE MACHINE::::::
PHP20.00 (They say its $1 in the US, never heard of my cousin if he already tested this thing yet, he's such a noob) -------
-------------
[ Coke ] <-- Hit this button last
[ Coke ] <-- Hit this button second
[ Diet Coke ] <-- Hit this button third
[ Sprite ] <-- Hit this button first
[ And so on ]
-------------

Some text should show up on the LED (probably the word "Error", we'll explain what it means next sections). If nothing happens, your machine doesn't have the debug menu.

NAVIGATION
To navigate from option to option (What they are is next section), remember the numberings we gave the buttons. They work as follows:
Button [ 1 ] - Exit/Back
Button [ 2 ] - Up
Button [ 3 ] - Down
Button [ 4 ] - Select

OPTIONS
Depending on the age of the machine, you will get a varying amount of default options available.
On older machines: SALE, VER, EROR, and RTN
On newer machines: CASH, SALE, EROR, and RTN

CASH - Machine Earnings Display
The CASH option will display how much money is in the machine currently. It generally takes a second or two to load. From here, you can scroll up and down through 12 or 16 different options, depending on the machine age. These other options display how much money was spent on each individual item, classified through its button (or slot, as I like to call it) number.
A neat side note about the slot numbers is that there are more slot numbers than there are actual slot, so usually the last 4 buttons contain zero money. This could be so that the same OS could be used on bigger machines, but the newer machines have even more slot numbers.

SALE - Total Sale Count
The SALE option displays how many drinks have been sold out of the machine. This tends to be cumulative, but not on all machines. The stock guy is probably supposed to reset this each time he re-stocks. Also, this has the same sub-options as the CASH option, where you can scroll up and down and see how many drinks have been sold from each slot.

VER - System/Machine Version?
This option will cause a large alphanumeric string to scroll across the LCD. The number looks very much like a serial number, but doesn't vary from machine to machine. It is most likely the OS or machine version number, but of the older machines that have the option, I haven't seen one that doesn't have the same number.

EROR - Error Log
There are 8 different types of errors - COLJ (Column Jams), VEnd (Vend Mechanism), door (Door Switch), sels (Select Switch), CHAR (Changer Errors), acce (Acceptor Errors), StS (Space-to-sales errors), and bVal (Bill Validators). The separate types and actual errors are useless, as you assumably can't get inside the machine, BUT(!) you can clear the errors. Hold the enter (Number 4) button down for about 2 seconds, and it should clear the error.

RTN - Return
This is simply the return option. Selecting this will exit the debug menu. On newer machines, pressing the BACK button at the main menu will not exit, and RTN must be selected.
A side note: The menu can also be exited by pressing the coin return button.

EXTRAS
By holding in the coin return button and not releasing, on the newer "big-button" machines, this will display the internal temperature in Fahrenheit, as in "42F".

**Update**
There are many more menu options that are only accessible if they've either been enabled from the computer inside the machine, or on the internal computer behind the door (Probably not feasible for you to access).

CPO - Coin Payout Mode
You can can dump coins from the coin mechanism, and the various menu options allow you to choose which type of coins (Nickels, dimes, etc.) are dumped.

tVFL - Tube Fill Mode
This is useless to you. This allows you to load coins into the coin tubes, which you can't do from the outside.

TEST - Test Routines
This allows you to test the following various routines:
SE Allows you to test the buttons. Will give you number
of button when you press it
SP Sold-out paddle test. Not quite sure, most likely internal function.
Su Sold-out switch test. Same as paddle.
CO Motor test. Will run various column motors.
Cn Coin test. Put in a coin and it will tell you what kind of
coin it is.
nA Note acceptor test. Same as Cn, but for bills.
dSP Display test. Will illuminate various LEDs.
vErS Rattles off version number.

RELY - Relay test
This tests the relay electronic control of various parts. Do not do, as it will cause damage if various internal parts are not unplugged before usage.

PASS - Password
This is not normally accessible, but allows you to change the menu password from the 4-2-3-1. Whoo!

PrIC - Price Setting
Used to set the price for a drink. Not sure how to work it, but it seems simple enough.

StOS - Space-to-sales routine
Lets you change the STS routine and other options. This means that various buttons will all mean the same thing, i.e. the 6 coke buttons don't actually vend from 6 different columns, but vend from one (changing when one runs out of course).

COn - Machine Configuration/Permissions
This is the machine config menu that decides what of these options you are allowed to access through the outside panel. This is probably only accessible with the door open. I won't go into detail, but I'll list the Config numbers and what each do: C1 sets price menu on, C2 sets special (manufacturer) options on), C3 disables the "ICE COLD COKE" message. C4 is autoviewing of menu when door is opened, C5 is door switch status, C6 is mysteriously reserved for "future use", C7 determines whether your money credit stays in for 5 minutes or indefinitely, C8 is Force Vend, C9 allows multiple vends without putting in more money (i.e put in a 5 and get 3 cokes and then your change), and C10 is Escrow Inhibit.

CCoC - Correct Change Only Control
Adjusts Correct Change only rule to your liking.

TIME - Time Adjustment
Allows you to set the machine's local time.

LANG - Language Selection
Not sure how many languages are supported, but there are apparently more than just English.

USEFULNESS
Unless you can get behind the door, there's little you can do with this except impress your friends. However, if you're able to set the C-switches properly, you'll be able to manipulate the machine in any way you want, get free drinks, change the price, set up cool buy-one-get-one-free deals, etc, etc . Not to forget, knowledge is power. One step closer to free sodas!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:

Again!!! As I've said, everything stolen tastes better...

Actually, I've tried the 4-2-3-1 code here in the philippines and it actually works (Its still good that some of the machines here in our country are outdated like traffic lights, radar, security cameras and almost all electronic machines especially coke machines)

Good luck guys, I already spent PHP100 ($2) to test this before it worked out.

Hummm... it's not illegal because it's the fault of the company. That's some interesting ethical statement. So if I forget to lock my door all the way or leave my window open, anyone can enter my house and take whatever he/she wants and it would my MY fault for leaving it unlocked? Since when stealing is morally correct under the circumstance? Is this the new generation's idea of fairness and law abiding citizenship?I'm going to leave this open since I cannot believe this post was thought to be a Tutorial.

The legality of this is questionable, but I know a way or two to hack some extra Coke out of a machine. Obviously I'm not going to mention it, but today someone in my school (I think) got six cans of Diet Coke and his money back from something like my method. Either way ti's stealing, and is morally wrong.

Pretty cool, but I don't think i'm going to print this topic out, go to a cola machine at school and try it. Does it work in England? For the price of a Cola, I don't find the point in, let's say, cheating the system.If I was homeless and went to sleep next to a cola machine, I would have a go at it, but I am not, so don't really need to.But I still think, it will look suspicious to other people when you have your hand shoved up the "trap door".Not going to try this one. I have read others like this, where you type in keys and it gives you one for free.If someone actually attempts this, please post your outcomes!

i am a bit older and I was around when "Space Invaders" and "Pac-Man" were released ;))All of my pocket money from my parents went into these machines and I was SOO addicted to them!!I was on holiday and I had been crab fishing all day with my dad and I had spent all my money already for the week on the machines but I had bugged him all day about having another game so we went to the arcade with all our fishing gear to have a game..The coin my dad gave me was constantly being rejected by the machine and kept falling down the slot without a credit..I fiddled my dad fiddled we looked around and no one was around from the arcade to fix it or change the coin..so my dad reaches into the fishing bag and gets out a torch and starts really looking into the slot to see if there was a trapped coin..couldnt see one so he get out a knife and tries to stick it in..didnt fit..so then he gets out some loose really thick fishing line and jams that down the slot to see if it can bump down the trapped coin.He made a breakthough that saved me hundreds of pounds !!!! basically the old machines used to have a U shaped bit of metal on springs behind the slot at a distance of the coin it was meant to accept..in this case a 10p coin.As he wiggled the fishing line around inside he must have hit this and it made a contact with the circuit behind it and BINGO the game displayed 1 Credit.We were amazed so wiggled it round a lot and generated 99 credits..as much as it could.I used this fishing line trick for years before the coin mechanisms were redesigned and used leds/lasers/weighing/ all diff manor of things to generate a credit.I guess many more ppl had worked out how to do this.It was a problem using it tho because if other kids saw you do it..they would want to know how..or in a couple of cases try to beat the crap outta me till i told..I once tried it at a Carnival ;(( one of the carny workers saw I was doing something strange and came after me, oh boy I got chased all over the Carnival by 3 guys with extra fingers and ears and one even had a huge tent peg in his hands trying to hit me with it..So think about it before you rip someone off for free Coke..yes if you were just stealing from Coke I would say cool go for it but remember the place where you rip from is making money from that machine and will be really pissed if they catch you..even getting the cops involved etc etcMarky;)

This is a tutorial? You have got to be kidding! Telling people how to steal is not cool, yes it IS stealing no matter how you want to sugar coat it. I wonder if the side effects of interfering with a machine like this is that it doesn't work when other people want use it and it takes their money without giving them anything? Sounds funny? Not if it's you and you really wanted that Coke and it was the last of your money. Just for a change, I wish people would think about others and the consequences their actions may have on others. /end rant

Theft, in a word. And yeah, I knew about this trick a couple of years ago, some guys in my school used to do it all the time. I didn't agree with it then either.This kind of stuff really should not be posted here.

I got to agree with most of the people who have already replied to the topic that stealing is wrong. Isnt it one of the commandments as well? We all have grown up in a society where we have been taught that stealing is wrong and I would stick to my belief as for now. Now coming to the fun/serious(depends where you are standing) part of it when I think over the fact that all of the above vending machine hacks are really the fault of the parent company only, it makes me wonder how much they(the big shots) would have lost because of the hacks(not too much I hope, infact it must be negligible). Anyways my advice to all those who are thinking of trying any such hacks should rather get a job and pay for what they need.

I agree too, but some people don't believe in the Ten Commandments.Now, I understand why people would do this, but to spread it to other people, well that's just wrong.Good luck in the real world, buddy.

I don?t see a big problem in this apart than the fact that is weird to see this as a "tutorial". It?s simply a trick. I mean all of us have done something like this in our lives, like getting on a bus or train without paying. It?s the same, maybe it?s not right but nobody is losing a fortune with this (and nobody's earning it). Can?t you see that if this wasn't a really good business (with all the hackers that may be) it wouldn?t exist? You?re paying the same for a coke that only falls from a machine as in a bar (and lots more than in a supermarket), so buying it a wage is saved. I think vending is a very lucrative business indeed. And if you think, I guess all of us have inserted coins in machines that they simply ate them without giving anything (arcades, phones, drink/food machines...) and sometimes there are nobody to ask for your money back.I don?t share the opinion that is their fault for not having a proper mechanism but hey, if we all were so ethical they could simply put the cokes in a row and then you go, pick one, leave your money, and that?s all (and of course the one that comes after you is not going to pick the money you left ;)). But we're not, no matter how hard you try to believe that you?re 100% honest. Humans like things for free, it?s so simply as that.

I'm in between with this issue. It could be considered stealing but then again you are just using the machine, it doesn't say anywhere that your not allowed to press buttons or put your arm in the coke slot does it? Although it is kind of morally wrong, anyway. Today we went to the mall and there were about 3 coke machines there. None of the tricks worked on any of them, there was an older machine and it did crap all, the two newer machines were different, because they were newer and you could see the products inside them. I tried holding down the coin return button on all three machines to check the temperature, but it didn't work on any of them. I couldn't get my arm inside the place where your drink comes out, so I couldn't test and see weither it would give me two cokes, but that machine did use the convayer belt method.Just thought I'd share what I had tried. ;)

I'm in between with this issue. It could be considered stealing but then again you are just using the machine, it doesn't say anywhere that your not allowed to press buttons or put your arm in the coke slot does it?

Here's a thought, when you enter a shop that has products on display, it doesn't say anywhere that you can't take these items without paying for them does it? Does this mean you can? Of course not, like I said, no matter how you sugar coat it, it is STILL stealing. It is expected that you will not try to take products from the Coke machine without paying for them, just like the product display in a shop.