xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alexuk2463

Microsoft Access - Help Needed

Hey, i'm just wondering if anyone could help me. I'm doing a project in school in access, and i've accidentally unchecked all of the buttons in the startup box ( Tools>startup), and now i cant put any of my settings back. i cant save or anything. does anybody know how to fix this?

So you don't have your file menu then

file Edit View...

You should still have this, if not then reinstall it, if you do the following (shold work for any version)

go to tool>customize>toolbars and select everything till they show up.

Or do this create a blank DB open up tools>start up and reselect everything that should work.

Try reinstalling the program. The data in saved files should be unaffected by this. I havn't used Access in a while since moving to Mac and using PostgreSQL as my primary DB, but I remember doing something similar once back in college. That machine loaded a fresh windows 2000 install every time it booted (from the network) and I just restarted the machine and everything came back.

Presumably the problem is that you now don't have any toolbars. Hold shift while Access starts up, which will ignore whatever you have told it to do and will make it start with all the default settings and options. Then you can just flick everything back on and start again normally. If that doesn't work, try hitting Alt + T or something and see if the bar appears. You also have the shortcuts for things like saving (Ctrl + S).

Presumably the problem is that you now don't have any toolbars. Hold shift while Access starts up, which will ignore whatever you have told it to do and will make it start with all the default settings and options. Then you can just flick everything back on and start again normally. If that doesn't work, try hitting Alt + T or something and see if the bar appears. You also have the shortcuts for things like saving (Ctrl + S).

Thanks very mush, it worked